Episode 26 - An Angel's Voice

Me And The Twins Next Door

"Sam, are you going with us tonight at the karaoke bar?" Riley asked as the two were cleaning the tables. "I guess so. I don't have a date tonight." Sam told him. "Great! Then, we'll hear you and Pets sing!" Riley said happily. Sam smirked at him. "I know I have a good voice. I don't know with that creature." he told him. Riley looked at Pets, then back to him. "Why does the two of you hate each other?" he asked. 

 

"Because, this guy is a ert." Pets said as he approached the two. Sam stopped what he is doing, and looked at Pets. "He is a stupid idiot ert." she concluded. A vein popped in his forehead as he stared at Pets angrily. "Look, tomboy -"

 

"How did Sam became a ert?" Riley asked. Pets looked at Sam, and remembered the times she got harassed by Sam.

 

[Flashback]

 

Pets was ready to leave. As she turned around a group of kids ran. The guy behind her lost his balance making them fall on the ground. "Ouch!" the guy said. Her eyes widened, seeing him on top of her. Her bubble waffle is all over the ground, and his hand is on her chest. 

 

"You..." Pets hissed angrily. Sam realized he's touching her chest. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry..." Sam said. He took off his hand on her chest, but his other hand touched the other side. "... she's a girl..." Sam thought. "You're dead!" Pets shouted at him, before punching him in the face. 

 

--

 

He threw a punch, but Pets blocked it. Then, she kicked him  on the shin, making him fall again. Sam stood up to attack, but Pets threw another punch, making him fall again. As Sam stood up, he caught her arm as she was about to make another attack. He pulled her over, making her fall on the floor. He pinned her on the ground, and she was unable to move. 

 

"Pets!" her friends shouted. "Don't hurt her!" Wes told Sam. Sam looked at Wes, then back at Pets. "Of course, I won't hurt her." he said. "Let me go, you ert!" Pets said as she struggled from his grip. Sam smirked at her. "Remember what I told you the last time? I'm going to make you a girl. And I'm going to do it now." 

 

Then, he leaned on her. Pets's eyes widened as Sam kissed her on the lips. 

 

[End Of Flashback]

 

Riley looked at the two for a while, then he burst out laughing. The two sweat dropped upon seeing him laugh. "What's so funny, Riley?" Pets asked him. Riley looked at Sam, and pointed at him. "You are a ert, Sam." he told him. 

 

Another vein popped in his forehead at what he said. "Are you with me, or against me?" Sam asked him. "If I were Pets, I'd do the same thing too!" Riley told him. Sam could only shake his head. "It was an accident." he said. "But what about kissing her? Don't tell me it's also an accident?" Riley asked. 

 

Sam looked at Pets. He remembered that time he kissed her. Looking back, he didn't know why he did that. All he know is that he got so annoyed with Pets, that the only way he knew to silence her is to kiss her. As he remember that kissing incident, unconsciously, he touched his lips, and his cheeks turned red. 

 

"Hey, why are you blushing, Sam? Do you like Pets that's why you kissed her?" Riley . Sam glared at him. "I will never, ever like this creature who likes stealing other people's girlfriend!" Sam told him. "I can never like a ert." Pets said in a cool tone. Then, she headed back to the counter. Sam watched her as she walked away from them. "Well, I think you do like Pets, Sam!" Riley teased again. This time, Sam pinched his ears as he smiled evilly at him. "If you tease me to Pets one more time, I'll cut your ears!" he told him. 

 

--

 

"My love is only enough for you, alone, to possess

My soul and spirit keep waiting in front of your heart

My hurt and tears disappear, they are for you

Hidden in a little boundless galaxy

I, who loves you" (A/N: Guo Ai by DCW)

 

"In your beautiful country, lives a beautiful princess

Who counts down with a prince, counting all the steps before the end of the world

I'm only a nobody, quietly wishing you the best

Standing guard in the dark, protecting your happiness" (A/N Nobody and a princess by Ian Chen)

 

"Sing out loud, say out loud

The attitude of youth

Love freedom, love craziness

The future is up ahead" (A/N Sing Out Loud by Champion)

 

"You'll never know, I still love you

The love is still clear as it was before

It's the farthest distance 

I can only hold the sight of your back even though you're at my side" (A/N: Still Love you by Marcus Chang)

 

"Oh baby tell me, what can I do

My heart is burning, want to be close to you

Take my hand till the end

For you I will never surrender

'Cause you are my girl" (A/N: Fight For You by Riley Wang)

 

Sam and Pets just watched as everyone sang their song in the karaoke bar. Sam sipped his drink, then, he saw Xiao Hou sit next to Pets. "You should sing next!" he told her. Pets let out a laugh. "Sorry, but I don't like to sing in front of a crowd." she told him. "We're not a crowd. It's just us, guys here. Come on, you need to sing next!" Marcus insisted. 

 

Sam let out a smirk at him. "She doesn't want to sing because she doesn't know how to sing." Sam commented. With that, Pets glared at him. "Oh, really now? Why don't you go and sing first, so we can see who cannot sing?" Pets told him. Sam stood up from his seat. As soon as Riley was done singing, he snatched the mic from his hand, and entered his song.

 

Then, he turned to Pets, and smirked at her again. "Let's see who between us doesn't know how to sing." he told her. Pets just rolled her eyes at him. 

 

{A/N Little Sun, Big Moon by Spexial) 

 

"Heartbeat is always beating Not sure why I have a headache

It always seems like its not enough What else can I do for you

I remember the first encounter We decided we would continue on this road together

I still remember that feeling

 

I can't say when I made this promise

No matter how long I need As long as we can take care of each other

I can't free myself from being addicted to your every action I'm so deep in

Teach me what should I do I want to loudly tell you

 

You are my little sun Warmly shining on our dreams

And I am your big moon While you are shining

I will always accompany you without giving up

I want to treasure every day every moment next to you

Don't care about others' thoughts I don't even need to think about it

Together we will circle the world in happy rotation

 

Hey lady thank you for our altruistic love

It was you who accompanied us persevering until now

Let us not be afraid of the future

Thanks for your care We really are thankful

Hey baby some things are hard to say

You know it There will always be some anticipation

Its not easy Yet so warm

Can't bear to let go I definitely won't let go

 

I can't say when I made this promise

No matter how long I need As long as we can take care of each other

I can't free myself from being addicted to your every action I'm so deep in

Teach me what should I do I want to loudly tell you

 

You are my little sun Warmly shining on our dreams

And I am your big moon While you are shining

I will always accompany you without giving up

I want to treasure every day every moment next to you

Don't care about others' thoughts I don't even need to think about it

Together we will circle the world in happy rotation"

 

 

After Sam sang his song, he looked back at Pets, and smirked at her again. "Beat that!" he told him over the mic. "Are you challenging me, idiot?" she asked him. "Of course I am. Or, are you scared we'll laugh at how awful you sing?" Sam told him. Everyone cheered on them. "Go, Pets! Show him what you've got!" Riley told her. "Just accept his challenge!" Xiu said. 

 

"If you accept Sam's challenge, I'll give you an extra paid off next week." Jenni told her. Pets looked at Sam, and smirked at her. "Challenge accepted." she told him. She stood up, and snatched the mic from him, and then glared at him as she chose her song. 

 

 

(A/N Keep Thinking Of Someone by Pets Tseng)

 

"I always remember that day when you held my hand

I can still remember when I would wait for you to kiss my wound

This is who I am now

With my heart shattered all over the ground

What else do I have left

I am the only one left in a space for two

 

You no longer need me

This is the reason I give myself

I pretend to be strong as I watch you walk away

You don't need me anymore

My heart hurts but there's nothing I can do

Some memories are not the ones you can take away

 

I keep thinking of you when I was alone, Where are you now?

These near and far longing has left my brain so empty

Other than a face full of memories, what else is there?

This is who I am now

I am the only one left in a drawing for two

 

You no longer need me

This is the reason I give myself

I pretend to be strong as I watch you walk away

You don't need me anymore

My heart hurts but there's nothing I can do

Some memories are ones I must take with me

 

Your gentleness I one that I must take with me"

 

The moment Pets began to sing, Sam paused, and looked at her. "Wait, that voice..." he thought. Then, he remembered the voice he always listens to after class at the music room, back in high school. It was the voice he had always loved listening to, the one who calms him down. It was the voice he had fallen in love with three years ago. All the while, he thought it was Sunnee, but he was wrong. He never thought the owner of that voice is Pets. All he could do as she sang, is stare at her.

 

Everyone clapped after Pets sang her song. "One more!" Everyone shouted at her. "I'll give you a bonus if you sing another song." Jenni told her. Pets let out a laugh, and sang another song. As Pets sang another song, Sam just stared at her.

 

As Sam watched Pets sing, he found himself smiling secretly at her. 

 

--

 

"Let's break up!"

 

Dylan was surprised at what Sunnee said. "You..." he said as he gritted his teeth. "If  you'll always be like that, I'd rather not have a boyfriend like you!" Sunnee shouted angrily at him. Dylan glared at her. "Fine! If that's what you want, then let's break up? Whose loss will it be anyway?!" he shouted back at him. 

 

Sunnee glared at him as well. "Fine! I don't ever want to see your ugly face again, stupid ice princess!" she shouted before turning her back on him. "If you think I'll follow you and beg you to take me back, then you're wrong!" Dylan shouted at her as he watched her leave. 

 

A few seconds later, he had calmed down, and realized what he did to her was wrong. "Wait, Sunnee!" he shouted as he ran after her. Sunnee could hear him, but she didn't stop walking. "OK, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, please forgive me..." Dylan said as he held her arm. Sunnee stopped, and faced him. "I've had enough!" she told him. 

 

Dylan was surprised at her. They usually had their fight, but when he says sorry, Sunnee forgives him easily. But this time, it seems that she's serious about their break up. "My little sun..." he said in a low voice. He looked at her with pain in his eyes. Sunnee lowered her head, trying to stop her tears from falling. 

 

"I don't want a boyfriend like you. If you'll just hurt me like this, then, let's just break up." she said. Then, she turned her back again, and left Dylan alone and devastated. 

 

--

 

"Ella jie, I'm home!"

 

Wes said as he entered the Wu household, and saw a familiar figure sitting by the couch. Ella turned to him, and walked towards him. "She had been waiting for you." she told him. Wes was surprised to see her. "T-tia?" he called. Tia stood up, and smiled at her. "Hello, Wes. It's been a long time...." she said. 

 

Ella folded her arms, and looked at Wes sternly. "Wes, I'm telling you... don't do something stupid, or else." she told him before leaving the two alone. 

 

--

 

She got out of the airport, and the first thing she did is to call her number. She waited for a while, until her call got disconnected. "Ugh, Pets! Where are you?!" she said in dismay. Then, she dialed her number again. 

 

Meanwhile, amidst having fun,  Pets saw a familiar name flashing on her phone. "Why is she calling me?" she thought. She decided to give her a callback. "Hello? Kimberley?" she said on the phone. "Hello, babe! Guess who's here in Taipei!" she heard her say. Pets could only smack herself on the head. 

 

-