Episode 41 - The Bracelet

Me And The Twins Next Door

Ben sat in a living room, and still in a daze. He can't believe he just met a cute girl on his way home. Seeing him not with himself, Aaron started to worry about him. "Xiao Le, are you OK?" Aaron asked worriedly. Ben slowly nodded his head. 

 

Aaron sat beside him, and stared at him. He waved his hand in front of him, but there was no reaction from him. "Weird, why is he in a daze?" he thought. Then, he decided to poke his cheek. "Xiao Le!" he shouted in his ears. This time, Ben finally woke up from his daze. "Yan Ya Lun! Why do you have to shout in my ear?" he said as he shake his head to his side. "I've been calling you but you're not responding to me. What's wrong with you?" he asked. 

 

Ben looked at him, then looked away with a dreamy expression in his face. "I saw a goddess..." Ben said. Aaron just gave him a confused look. "Have you gone crazy?" he asked. Ben leaned on his hand, and let out a dreamy smile. 

 

Aaron could only sigh. Just then, Sam came out of his room, and sat beside Aaron. "Aaron, I need your help..." he said as he put his arm around his neck. "What is it?" Aaron asked. "How do you know if you have fallen in love with someone?" Sam asked. 

 

"Yeah! How do you know about it? Can you tell us?" Ben said. Aaron shook his head. "What am I, a love adviser?" he asked. "No, but you have been confessed to 9999 times." Sam said. "And, you've been in a relationship 999 times." Ben said. 

 

An angry tick formed in Aaron's head. He lifted his hands, and hit the two on the head. "Hey! Who do you think I am? Hua Ling Long?!" Aaron said. As Sam rubbed his head, Aaron pointed at him, and glared at him. "You should know what it feels because you had a thousand girlfriends." he said. 

 

Sam let out a sigh. He opened his mouth to speak, but Aaron interrupted him. "Also, didn't you have a serious girlfriend before you became a playboy?" Aaron added. "I know. But, it felt like what I fell for Sylvia before when I was in love with her, I don't feel now. So, I'm not sure what I really feel." Sam explained. 

 

Aaron scratched his chin for a while to think. "Hmmmm.... usually when you're in love, your heart beats fast. Sometimes, it beats so fast, you thought that everyone can hear it." he said. Both Ben and Sam clutched to their chest. 

 

"Then, when you see that person, especially when she smiles, you blush so hard. You can feel the warmth in your cheek because of it's redness." Aaron said. This time, Ben and Sam touched their own cheeks. "When you hear a love song, the first person you think of is her. And suddenly, you picture a life together with her." Aaron said. Both Ben and Sam smiled this time. 

 

"When you see her, it feels like you hear angels sing. Also when you look into that person's eyes, you feel dizzy." Aaron said. The two's smile widened this time. "But sometimes, being in love doesn't have these symptoms. Sometimes, feeling happy and feeling at ease seeing the person in front of you is just enough to make you're day. It's when you let your guards down, and let her in your heart finally. It's when you feel hurt when she's hurt, or you feel sad when she's sad. It's about trying to make that person happy all the time. When you put the other person's happiness before your own, then that's when you know you love her." Aaron explained. 

 

Just then, Grace popped behind them as she took down notes. "Love... her... OK. What else, Aaron?" she asked. The three guys were surprised to see her behind. "Xiao Xing! Were you eavesdropping on us?!" Aaron asked in a surprised tone. "I need some materials for my 'paper'" she said, winking at him. 

 

"Wait..." Sam said, realizing what Aaron just called her. "Xiao Xing is Grace's name..."

"Before I got adopted." Grace explained. 

"So you're little star. Then, your sister is called..."

"Xiao Yue." 

 

Sam smiled. "Little Moon. Figures. Her face looks like a full moon." he said. Then, he felt someone hit his head. "Talking behind my back, idiot?" Pets said angrily at him. Sam looked back at her, and smiled. Then, he held out peace sign at her. 

 

--

 

"Madame, we have not found the USB in his office."

 

She furrowed her brows as she looked back at his men. "Really, now?" The man bowed before her. "We had searched all possible locations, but we couldn't find it." her men said. 

 

She took her wine glass, and pour it at them. "Then, what else are you doing now? Go find it again!" she shouted at them. The men bowed before them, and left her office. 

 

She folded her arms,and looked at the window behind her. "Gregory... I will sure find that passcode..." she said in her thoughts. 

 

--

 

Pets was in her room, organizing her things, when she saw the long box on her drawer. "Ah,I know what this is..." she said. She took it, and opened it. She let out a smile seeing the moon bracelet Grace's father gave her. As she took the bracelet out, it slipped to her fingers, and fell on the floor. When it fell, a USB pin came out  of the crescent moon design. "What is this?" she thought as she looked at it. 

 

She was trying to analyze the bracelet, when Grace came inside the room. "Xiao Yue..." she called as she closed the door behind her. Pets looked at her twin sister. "Where's your star bracelet?" she asked her. Grace gave her a confused look. "The one that your dad gave you, together with my moon bracelet." Pets said. 

 

Grace finally got what she said. She took the star bracelet from her closet, and gave it to Pets. Pets analyzed it for a while, then saw a small hole at the side of it. She took a pin and punched it. Then, the star opened. Inside, there were a a set of 12 numbers.

 

"What is this? What does those numbers mean?" Grace asked. Then, she remembered what Grace's father told them when they last met.  "You two have to promise me. Don't ever lose this bracelet. Don't let anyone steal this from you, or even pawn or sell it,  do you understand?" she remembered Grace's father said. 

 

"I don't know what these numbers mean yet, or what this USB is for..." Pets said as she showed the USB in her moon bracelet. "But I think, it has something to do with your father." she explained. "Then, we need someone who knows  about this?" Grace asked. Pets nodded her head. "Call Butler Jin. I'll let Wayne take a look at this." Pets said. 

 

--

 

Wayne put the USB on the computer while Pets is looking over it. "There's a small program inside." Wayne said after he saw the content. He opened the computer, and it was asking for a set of 12 numbers. "That's impossible! The numbers I saw in Grace's bracelet is just 12!" Pets said, 

 

Grace then came inside the room together with Butler Jin. He was too surprised to see what's on Wayne's laptop. "T-t-t-t-t-t-t-that.... t-t-t-t-that...." he said as if he had seen a ghost. "What do you know about it, Butler Jin?" Grace asked. "Enter... enter... enter... enter the twin's birthday!" Butler Jin told them. Wayne nodded his head, and entered their birthdays. Butler Jin grabbed the star bracelet, for Wayne to enter the next numbers. 

 

They got the passcode right. They were able to open it,  but it's asking for another file. "What?!" they all exclaimed. "It seems to be asking for another USB file..." Wayne said. "T-t-t-then... you have to find that USB!" Butler Jin said. 

 

"Butler Jin, do you know something about this?" Pets asked. Butler Jin nodded his head. "This is what Master Ming left for Xiao Xing..." Butler Jin said. Grace was suddenly in a daze upon hearing that. "Dad... left me... something?" she asked. Butler Jin nodded his head. "I have no idea what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's important that's why he gave you the bracelets." Butler Jin said. 

 

"Then, why did Master Ming just left one USB for the twins, when it clearly needs two?" Wayne asked. Butler Jin shrugged her shoulders. "I'm sorry, but that's all I know." Butler Jin. Tears filled Grace's eyes as she smiled. "Then, it means dad really loved me, right?" she asked. 

 

Butler Jin looked at Grace, and smiled at her. "Young Miss, you are the most precious daughter of Master Ming, his most important treasure. He loves you. It's just that... we don't know what happened at that last will and testament of his..." Butler Jin said sadly. Grace let out a smile. "I think daddy darling gave me the greatest gift before he died." she said. 

 

She looked Pets and smiled at her. "He gave me my twin sister back. I think it's more than enough. It will be nothing compared to all the wealth in the world." Grace said. Pets looked at her, and smiled. Wayne looked at the sisters, and couldn't help but be touched. Just then, they heard Wayne cry loudly again. The three of them looked at him blankly. "What's wrong with him?" Butler Jin asked. 

 

Wayne just answered with another loud cry. 

 

--

 

"They found out."

There was silence on the other line. He knew despite the silence, that person is smiling. 

"I knew she would be too smart to find out."

"Then, shall we proceed with the next part of the plan?"

"Proceed."

 

--

 

Pets looked at the two bracelets on her hand. "Where could be the other USB be? What's inside of them that's important, and why would Master Ming entrust it to us?" she thought.

 

"Xiao Yue, don't tell me you're still thinking about the USB..."  Grace said as she sat beside her sister. "Do you want to find the USB?" Pets asked. Grace let out a smile, and shook her head. "Living with you is more important than what's on that file."

"Don't you want to  know what your father left you?"

"I don't have any interest at all."

"What if it's something that you deserve?"

"I have everything I need right here. I have you..."

 

Pets let out a smile at her. "But, sometimes, I think it would be nice to go back to my old status again. I feel like you have sacrificed so much for me..." Grace said. "I did that because you're my twin sister, and I love you." Pets said. Grace just smiled, and put her head on her shoulder. 

 

"Do you miss you dad?" Pets asked her. "I do..." Grace answered. Pets looked at her, and saw tears falling from her eyes. "I miss him. I always miss him..." 

 

Pets pulled her closer to her, and hugged her tight. She just let Grace cry for a while, after all she needed it. She just have to be there for her sister as her crying shoulder. 

 

--

 

Grace stood before her old house. The truth is, each time she misses her father, she would visit the house, but she's careful not to be seen. It isn't her status or her wealth that she misses, just the memories of her and her father. 

 

"Daddy...." she whispered as she looked at the mansion. She lowered her head as she cried. "I miss you..." she said. Soon, it began to rain. Despite it raining, she stood in her place, looking at the mansion were she grew up. 

 

Then, the rain stopped falling on her. She looked up, and saw an umbrella above her head. When she looked back, she saw Aaron behind her, holding the umbrella. "Each time you miss your dad, you always come here, don't you?" Aaron asked. Grace nodded her head. 

 

Aaron reached for her cheek, and wiped her tears. "You know, wherever your dad is, he must be looking after you." he said. Grace just nodded her head. "But I miss him so much, it hurts..." she said. "Then, if it hurts, you can cry to me." he said. 

 

Grace looked at him for a long time. She tried to smile at him, but tears can't help but fall from her eyes.  She walked up to him, and hugged him tight. Then, she cried on his shoulder. 

 

But at that moment, Aaron felt his own heart beating loudly. He looked at Grace, and let out a smile. "Well, heart..." he thought. "I think we fell in love again..." 

 

He hugged her tight, and then let out a smile.