Episode 40 - Helping Her

Me And The Twins Next Door

Aaron, Diana, Ben and Grace had to cover their ears as they watched Wayne cry again. He had finished another chapter of the web novel and is crying like a baby. "Diana, stop recommending web novels to your boyfriend!" Aaron told her. "I only want him to read it! I didn't realize he'll cry this way!" Diana said. "Can you please stop him?" Ben asked. 

 

Grace had enough of Wayne crying. She walked over him, and took his phone. "No! Qing Er Mei Mei!" Wayne said. Grace took a deep breath before scolding Wayne. "Can you stop crying so loud?! Did you know that Qing Er Mei Mei will eventually snap out of it and realize that she can't suffer for so long?! She and Mermaid will have their happy ending, and she'll learn to let go of that dead ex-boyfriend!" Grace shouted at him. 

 

Wayne stopped crying, but all eyes are on her. She just spoiled the web novel she is writing. "Did anyone read that part?" Diana asked. "I don't think it has been written yet." Aaron said. Ben's eyes widened as he looked at Grace. "Wow, Grace is really a super VIP fan! She knew what's going to happen to the novel before it gets published!" Ben said in awe. 

 

Aaron just sweat dropped at Ben. He knew better, after all, he knew Grace's secret. "Silly girl, you're close to revealing to them that you're Autumn Amaranthine." Aaron thought. Wayne gave Grace puppy eyes. "Is Qing Er Mei Mei going to have a happy ending?" he asked innocently. "She should! Qing Er Mei Mei had been through a lot! She needs to have a happy ending." Diana said. 

 

"OK, how about this. Wayne, better read other things than what Autumn Amaranthine writes, because it's making you cry." Aaron suggested. Wayne took his phone from Grace, and looked at the app for anything to read. "Is 'Spring After Winter' a good read?" he asked. Aaron's eyes widened upon hearing that. "No! Not that!" he said. 

 

Aaron knew that story will make Wayne cry as well. After all, he secretly cries in his room whenever he reads that story. "But she has not updated anything yet... I think I'll just read about Xiao Yu and Yu Yan again by my other favorite author...." Wayne said. "As long as you won't cry again." Grace told him. 

 

The three watched him like a hawk, until Wayne began to cry again while reading. And there's nothing they can do to stop him from crying. "Yu Yan!" Wayne cried again. The four of them just looked at each other, and let out a sigh. 

 

--

 

Sam woke up that morning to find him alone in the room. He admit, last night was the best sleep he ever had. He looked at his side, and was disappointed that Pets had left him. He let out a sigh, and decided to head outside. 

 

He found all of his colleagues having breakfast outside, but Pets was nowhere in sight. "Where's Pets?" he asked them. Then, her saw her walking to the table with plates on her hands. "More fried rice!" she announced. Upon seeing Pets, he let out a smile. "I thought she left me. Turns out, she cooked breakfast for us..." he thought. 

 

"Sam, you better get some breakfast before Riley eat up everything." Xiu told him. Sam looked at Riley, and saw how he had eaten so many plates. He let out a laugh, and sat right next to Pets. Sam looked at her, and he could feel his cheeks become warm. "Why am I feeling this way? Brent, this is all your fault!" he thought. 

 

"Sammy, do you want some fried rice?" he heard Pets said in a girl voice. Sam looked at her again, and could see pink bubble around her. He could only stare shyly at her as she smiled. Then, her smile turned into a scowl. "Do you want fried rice, or what?! This plate is too heavy, just get it on your own!" Pets scolded him as she put the plate of fried rice back on the table. 

 

"Sorry..." Sam said as he took the plate again, and scooped some rice to put on his own place. He sat quietly eating his breakfast, when Xiu talked to him. "How are you feeling, Sam? Are you OK now?" Xiu asked. Sam nodded his head. "Much better today. Thank you." he said. 

 

"Did Pets took care of you the whole night?" Xiao Huo asked. Sam paused, and looked at Pets. "I slept the whole night, so I didn't know..." Sam said. "So far, he didn't try to kill himself again." Pets said as she ate. "You didn't... you didn't... you didn't do 'that' right?" Riley asked innocently. 

 

Pets paused, and put down her chopstick. Then, she glared at Riley. "I would never do 'that' with him. You know I like girls." Pets said. Riley snickered at her and made a peace sign with his fingers. "Just asking..." he said. "Seriously, stop liking girls, you should like me... wait, what am I thinking?" Sam thought. "Well, Sam, lesson learned. Don't drink and swim, all right?" Xiu said. "Sorry, I was just emotional last night because..."

 

Sam paused, and looked at his plate. "You miss your best friend, right?" Pets asked. Sam gave her a confused look. He doesn't know how Pets knew about Brent. "How did you know?" he asked. "Because you keep on saying 'Brent, what will I do?' last night when you were sleeping. So annoying. I can't even sleep, so I had to go back to my original room last night." Pets said in an annoyed tone. 

 

Hearing that, Riley's eyes widened. "Wait, so the one I'm hugging is..." he said as he looked at Pets. "Such a hugger. So annoying. You should have stayed with Sam." she told Riley. Sam's eyes widened with what he heard. "But I thought you -" he said, pointing at her. 

 

Pets let out a sigh. The truth is, she also can't sleep without her twin sister beside her. She did have a good sleep while beside, Sam, but waking at the middle of the night, she began to miss Xiao Xing. She thought going back to her original room would resolve it, but it didn't. She ended up staying by the pool until morning. 

 

"Aiyo, can we all just eat so we can go home?" she said as she took a bite. Sam could only sigh. Still, sleeping beside Pets last night was the best sleep he had. 

 

--

 

Grace sat in the living room, looking sadly at the blank page on her laptop. The chapter she had been writing before the power outage the night before is all gone. She let out a long wail, feeling helpless as she forgot what she had written about.

 

"Don't tell me you're like Wayne now, crying over a web novel?" She heard Aaron ask her. She looked at him, and he sat beside her. "No, it's..." she said before letting out a sigh. She wanted to tell Aaron what's wrong, but telling him would mean revealing her secret identity. 

 

"You can't think of anything to write, Autumn Amaranthine?" he finally said. Grace's eyes widened at what he said. "You knew?!" she asked. Aaron let out a sigh. "I knew a long time. Also, you almost revealed your identity a while ago when you told Wayne off." Aaron explained. 

 

Grace looked closely at Aaron, and gave him puppy eyes. "You're not going to tell anyone about my identity, right?" she asked. Aaron smiled, and nodded his head. "If you let me help you." Aaron said. Grace smiled, and nodded her head. 

 

Aaron peeked at her laptop, and saw a blank page on it. "What are you writing anyway?" he asked. "It's a new story called 'Only You'. I'm basing my characters on the actors in Hana Kimi." she explained. "Then, what is the story about?" Aaron said. Grace explained the plot of her story to him. After that, Aaron thought of a suitable scene for the chapter she is writing. He wanted to help, after all, Hana Kimi is his favorite show, and the actors were his OTP. 

 

"Ah! I know what you can write." he said. Then, he told Grace his idea.

 

[Grace and Aaron's Imagination]

 

Characters: Ella and Chun

 

Ella just came out of the Dojo when he saw Chun - who was all wet, as if he took a bath with his clothes on. "What happened to you? I don't remember it raining earlier..." she said. Chun pouted as he looked at Ella, as if wanting to cry. "Someone dumped water on me." he said, as if about to cry. Ella let out. She just hates it when someone bullies her best friend. "Have you seen who did that?" she asked. Chun shook his head. "Don't worry, if I find out who those brats are, I'll break every bone in their body." she said angrily. "Hey... before you break their bones, can you help me out? I'm shivering..." Chun said. She knew her best friend had a weak immune system. With what happened to him, it's most likely for him to catch a cold. "Come with me to the Dojo. I have a spare shirt there." she said. Chun nodded, and followed her.

 

Ella waited outside the changing room as Chun changed his clothes. As soon as he came out, he let out a sneeze. "Hey, are you all right?" Ellla said worriedly. She touched his forehead to check on his temperature. "I'm OK, it's just a little cold..." he said. "It's not just a little cold, Chun. You know how such a weakling you are..." she said, still checking his temperature. "I'm really all right, Ellie. You don't have to worry." he insisted. Ella let out a sigh. "If you say so... but I still want to make sure you're OK." she said. Chun let out a smile at her. "Thank you..." he said. Ella gave him a curious look. 

 

"You're always looking out for me. You're always worried when something happens to me." he continued. Ella let out a smile. "Of course. You're my best friend, Chun. I'll always look after you, no matter what." she said. "Ever since we were kids, you're the one who fights for me when someone bullies me. I can't even stand on my own... I wish someday I could do the same for you... to repay all the things you've done for me..." he said. "I don't want you to get bullied that's why. And any best friend would do that, Chun. You don't have to thank me. And stop sprouting nonsense, you're not even feverish or something." she said, slightly hitting his shoulder. Chun just let out a laugh.

 

"Really, thank you for all the things you've done for me..." Chun said in a more serious tone. "You're the best best friend one could ever had." he added. Ella just smiled, and ruffled his hair. "Come on, let's go home. I'll make you a chicken soup. I think you have a fever." she said.

 

[End Of Imagination]

 

Grace saved her chapter, smiling at the screen. Then, he looked at Aaron, and smiled. "Thank you for the help. Aaron! You're such a life saver!" she said. Aaron smiled at her. "You're welcome. If you need help with your novel updates, just let me know, all right?" Aaron said. Grace gave him a thumbs up. Then, she gave Aaron a hug. 

 

"Thank you so much, my partner in crime. You saved me from my waiting fans!" she told  him. Aaron's cheek turned pink when Grace hugged her. Good thing she was fussing about her new novel update, that she didn't notice the pink tint on his cheeks. "You're always welcome. You should hurry and update that." Aaron told her. Grace just nodded her head. 

 

--

 

"Whoa... have you guys checked Autumn Amaranthine's new update?" Wayne said as he walked in the kitchen. His eyes were glued on his phone. "Not yet. Why?" Aaron asked. "She thanked someone before her update. It says 'Thank you, Little Pudding for helping me on this new chapter'. I wonder who Little Pudding is...." Wayne said. 

 

Aaron smiled to himself. "Maybe he's a good friend of Autumn Amaranthine..." he said. Just then, Grace came out of the room, and headed to the kitchen. "Must be a good friend. Or maybe, Little Pudding is Autumn Amaranthine's boyfriend who gave her inspiration." Wayne said. 

 

Grace and Aaron looked at each other, and smiled. "Eh, Grace. You're the super VIP fan of Autumn. Do you know who Little Pudding is?" Wayne asked. Grace smiled at him. "He probably is a friend who gave Autumn an inspiration and supported her when she can't write." Grace said. Wayne just nodded his head. Grace and Aaron smiled at each other. 

 

"We're home!"

 

The three looked by the door, and saw Pets and Sam enter. "Xiao Yue!" Grace said excitedly. She ran to her twin sister, and hugged her. "I miss you. Don't leave me again." Grace told her as she pouted. "I won't, I promise." Pets told her. 

 

Sam looked at Wayne and Aaron as he opened his arms. "Don't I get a welcome hug from the two of you?" he asked the two guys. Aaron and Wayne just sweat dropped at him. "How was everything while we're gone. Is my twin sister a good girl? We're you good to her?" Pets asked Wayne and Aaron. "Oh, I'm a good boy. I'm not sure with Aaron." Wayne said. 

 

Aaron glared at Wayne. "What do you mean by that?" he hissed at him. "Because you guys were scolding me for crying over 'Always Loving You'!" Wayne told him. Sam sweat dropped at him. "Why? Is Qing Er Mei Mei already married?" he asked. All four of them looked at him with confusion. "Is Sam also a super VIP fan?" Wayne asked. Sam just let out an awkward laugh. 

 

--

 

Ben was walking back home after going to the market, when he felt someone pull him to a dark alley. He looked at the girl, and covered his mouth. "Sssshhhh..." she hushed as she put her finger on her lips. Scared, Ben looked at the street, and found men in suits running around. 

 

"Where is she?"

"We can't lose her!"

"Search the area!"

 

A few minutes later, the men in suit were gone, and the girl let him go. She let out a sweet smile at him. "Thank you for the help!" she told him. As she smiled, Ben was suddenly mesmerized. "Wait!" he called to stop her from walking away. The girl looked back at him with confusion. "What's your name?" he asked. 

 

The girl just gave him a sweet smile. "You can call me... Stephanie."