Episode 21 - Dream Girl

Me And The Twins Next Door

Jenni folded her arms as he looked at Sam. She looked at him from head to toe. "Are you sure you want to work here?" she asked him. Sam nodded his head. Then, he looked at Pets, and smirked at him. "You look like a rich kid to me. Are you sure you want this job, and you can do this job?" Jenni asked again. "I can do this job. There's nothing that I, Sam Lin, can't do." he said proudly. 

 

"Except for how to keep a girlfriend." Pets mumbled loud enough for Sam to hear. Sam just glared at him. "All right, if that's the case, you're really hired and you can start tomorrow. Ian, Riley, train him tomorrow before he start,  all right?" Jenni told him. Ian and Riley nodded their head. Then, Jenni smiled at him. "Welcome to our team, cutie!" she said as she kissed him on the cheek. 

 

With that, Riley pouted at them. "I want a kiss too!" he said. "Riley, the boss already kissed you when you got hired." Ian told him, still making the younger guy pout. Pets just shook his head. "Let's  go back to the counter, Pets. I need to teach you how to make the newest coffee drink." Xiu told him. Pets nodded his head, and followed Xiu back at the counter. 

 

Ian looked at Sam, and smiled. "So, what time does your class end?" he asked. "Usually around this time." Sam answered. "Then, be here after class so we could orient you before your shift start. You can go now. We'll just see you tomorrow." Ian told him. Sam nodded his head. 

 

As Sam got out of the coffee shop, he scratched his head. "What have I done?" he said to himself in disbelief. Then, he let out a sigh. "If only I didn't want to get back at that creature, and show her who's more handsome between the two of us, I won't take this job." he said. Now, he's more determined to give Pets a dose of her own medicine. 

 

--

 

"Here you go..."

 

Ian placed the coffee cups in front of Aaron, Grace and Ben. "Wow, it smells good!" Grace said as she inhaled the scent of the coffee. "Thanks, Ian." Aaron told the waiter. "No problem, Aaron. Anyway, Pets will be out shortly. I didn't know you two knew each other." Ian said. "She's our housemate." Aaron said. Ian nodded his head. 

 

As Ian left, Grace gave Aaron a wondering look. "You know that guy?" she asked. "I used to work here until last year. My parents asked me to stop working since my father is sending more than enough for my us. They wanted me to focus on my studies." he explained. Grace nodded her head. 

 

After a while, Pets joined them. "Sorry to keep you waiting, guys. I had to make a few more coffees." Pets said as she joined them. "Ah, Pets. You look so handsome in your uniform." Ben said. Then, he scratched his chin as he looked at her. "But, it's weird. I thought they only accept good looking guys here..." he added. Pets sighed, and looked at Ben. "Am I not good looking enough?" she asked. 

 

Ben let out a nervous laugh. "You're so handsome." he told her. "Thank you." Pets said.  "And I bet you're the guy that the girls in Bai He are talking about. You know, you're so popular. They're calling you coffee prince." Ben said. Grace's eyes widened upon hearing that. "Really? You mean to say my sister is so popular with girls at our school?" she asked. Ben nodded his head. "Seems like it. It doesn't matter if she's a girl. They all have a crush on her." Ben said. 

 

Then, he looked at Aaron, and smiled. "You have a lot of competition, Aaron." he told him. "Oh, then I would have to apologize if Aaron's crush would have a crush on me. I can't help being handsome." Pets said. Ben sweat dropped at what she said. "Silly! I mean Aaron would have a lot of rivals when it comes to you!" he thought. 

 

"Oh, you don't have to apologize. I don't have any crushes at school." Aaron said. Then, he looked at Pets, and smiled shyly. "Because the one I like is you.." he said as he lowered his head. "Anyway, did you know, that ert came in here a while ago? He was accusing me of stealing his girlfriend." Pets told them. 

 

Ben and Aaron looked at each other. "Girlfriend?" Ben asked. Upon hearing that, Grace's face became pale. "He had a girlfriend?" she asked. "That playboy..." Pets said as she sighed. "Ah! I know... Fifi!" Aaron said. "Who is Fifi?" Grace asked. "Fifi is Sam's constant girl. How do I put this... if Sam needs something, he gets it from her." Aaron explained. Grace gave her an innocent look. "Like if Sam needs notes from one of his subjects, or he needs to borrow a book?" Grace asked. The three sweat dropped at her, seeing how innocent she is. 

 

"Y-yeah, just like that." Ben said in agreement. "Then, Sam must really love her, right?" Grace asked. Aaron saw her became sad. "Stupid Sam. Now, Grace is sad because she found out about Fifi." he thought. "Sam? Love? You can't mix those two together." Pets told her. Grace gave her twin sister a confused look. "Why?" she asked. "Sam does not know how to love. So, if I were you, don't fall in love with him. He'll just hurt you." Pets told her. 

 

Grace let out a sad sigh. "But I really like my knight in shining armor..." she thought. "Hey, my break is up. I'll see you guys later at home, all right?" Pets said as she stood up from her seat. "All right. We'll just finish our coffee, and we'll go home right away." Aaron told her. Pets smiled, and nodded her head. 

 

--

 

Grace sat on a couch with sad look on her face. She remembered how Aaron, Ben and Pets talked about Sam's girlfriend, and how he does not know how to love a girl. "What does my sister mean by he doesn't know how to love? And he has a girlfriend, right? He must love his girlfriend so much..." she thought. 

 

Then, she felt someone sat beside her. She looked beside her, and saw Sam putting his arm around her.  "Hello, cutie." he said as he smiled. "H-hi..." she said shyly. Sam noticed the sad look on her face. He lifted her chin, and looked at her closely. "Cutie, why are you sad?" he asked. 

 

Grace looked away from him. "I... I found something..." she said. "What is it?" he asked. "That you have a girlfriend." Grace said. Sam sweat dropped upon hearing that. "I was found out." he thought. He quickly thought of a way to gain her sympathy. "So, is it true?" she asked him. Sam moved away from her, "Our relationship is already on the rocks. She doesn't love me anymore, so she broke up with me." Sam said, faking a sad expression on his face. 

 

Grace became worried about him. "She broke up with you?" she asked. Sam nodded his head. A sad music played as he continued to act like a brokenhearted guy. "But I think breaking up with her is just right. I can't let her be in this relationship knowing I like someone else..." he said. "B-but my sister said, you blamed her because your girlfriend broke up with you?" Grace said. 

 

Sam sweat dropped again. "That's not the point." he said as the sad music continued. Then, he turned to her. "The point is, there is someone who captured my heart." he said. He took her hand, and put it on his chest. Grace blushed as he smiled. "Who is it?" she asked. Before Sam could answer, someone hit him in the head. 

 

As he flinched in pain, Sam looked up, and saw Aaron looking sternly at him. "What do you think you're doing?" he asked. "We're talking." Sam told him. Then, Aaron looked at Grace. "Grace, can you help me cook tonight's dinner?" he asked. Grace nodded her head. She stood up, and waved goodbye to Sam. She went to the kitchen, leaving the two behind. 

 

"You like ruining everything for me, huh?" Sam told Aaron. "I warned you before. Don't play with Grace's feelings for you. Just because it's obvious she likes you, you'll play with her heart like that." Aaron told him. "Why? Because that creature told you to watch over her? If I know, you also like Grace." Sam said. Aaron just let out a sigh. "I'm saying this to you again, Sam. Stay away from her." Aaron said coldly before leaving him alone. 

 

--

 

Sam found himself in a garden filled with flowers. He looked at himself, and saw himself wearing a suit. "Weird... why am I wearing this? Am I going to attend a wedding?" he said to himself. He walked around for a while, and at the end of the garden, he saw an arch filled with red roses. 

 

"I am going to attend a wedding. What kind of dream sequence is this? And don't tell me it's Sylvia and Wes' wedding? Why does the author want to hurt me so much? What have I done to her? Was it because of my cheekbones?" he asked. (A/N: sorry, Sam)

 

He let out a sigh, and went towards the arch. He looked around for a while. Then, as he turned around, he saw a girl in white dress. He could see her smile, but he couldn't clearly see her face. "Sam?" she called. He listened carefully to her voice, as it sounded familiar. "Angel?" he asked. 

 

She walked towards him, and he smiled. "I can't believe I'm going to finally see you!" he said. But as she got nearer, the fog became thicker, making him unable to see her face. Then, Sam looked at the camera. "Hey, is the author really mad at me? Why can't I see her?" he said. (A/N: This is a dream sequence, Sam!)

 

He reached for her hand, and let out a smile. "Do you know, I've been looking for you for a long time..." he said. "You know, I'm just right in front of you all this time..." she said. Sam gave her a confuse look. The fog slowly faded, and she could clearly see her face. He was surprised to see who it was. "Sunnee?"

 

Sam slowly opened his eyes, and the first person he saw is Sunnee and Wayne staring at him. In his surprise, he jumped up at his bed. "What are you two doing here?!" he asked them. "Aiyo, P'Sam. You look ugly when you just woke up." she commented. 

 

A vein popped in his head. "We're here to wake you up. Don't you have classes today?" Wayne said. "And why does she have to be here?!" he said pointing at Sunnee. "Ah, Sunnee's just visiting. I asked for her help in case I can't wake you up." he said. Sam let out a sigh. "Can you please get out of my room first?" he said. 

 

Wayne and Sunnee looked at each other, and then left Sam alone in his room. As they got out of the room, they saw Pets getting ready for work. "Ah, P'Pets... are you going to your work now?" Sunnee asked. Pets smiled at her and nodded her head. "I wanted to be early today. Anyway, is that idiot already awake?" she asked. Wayne nodded his head. "Then, tell him be early for his shift today." she said before leaving. 

 

After a while, Sunnee's phone rang. She took it and saw Dylan calling her. Wayne could see the angry expression on her face as she rejected the call. "Aiyo, why did you reject his call?" he asked. "I don't want to talk to him." she said. Wayne gave her a wondering look. "Is there anything wrong?" he asked. Sunnee just let out a sigh. 

 

--

 

Dylan looked at his phone angrily. "How dare you reject my call, Elsa?!" he said. He let out a sigh as he put his phone back on his pocket. He sat on the bench and sighed again, this this he let out a sad expression. "I guess she can't forgive me, huh?" he thought. Then, he smacked himself. "You're so stupid, Dylan. You made the little sun mad this time!" he said to himself.