Episode 14 - If This Is A Dream

Me And The Twins Next Door

Pets stared at her booked flight on the computer. "Should I cancel this?" she thought for a long time. Her thought was interrupted by a video call from her parents. She immediately answered it. "Hello, my darling son!" Benjamin greeted her. Pets smiled at him and her mother. "Hey, mom and pops!" she greeted. "Are you all set for your flight? We can't wait to see you and hug you and kiss you." Alice told her. Pets bit her lips as she looked at him. They could see the hesitation on her face. 

 

"Is there anything wrong, Pets?" Benjamin asked. "Can I stay here a bit longer? I think my sister needs me." she told them. Benjamin and Alice looked at each other, then looked back at her. "Why, is there something wrong?" Alice asked worriedly. "You know, I had this feeling that something bad might happen. I want to stay a little longer for Xiao Xing." she said. "But Pets!" Alice protested. Benjamin looked at her wife and patted her hand. 

 

"Do you really want to stay?" Benjamin asked. "Until I'm sure Xiao Xing is all right. I will come back home as soon as I feel everything's going to be fine." she told them. "Well, if you have to stay for Xiao Xing, then we'll wait for you, all right?" Benjamin told his daughter. "But I want her back, Ben! I miss our daughter so much!" Alice protested. "Mom, I miss you too. But, please understand..." Pets said. Alice let out a sigh, and gave in to her. "All right. We'll just rebook your flight when you're ready to go home. But please be home soon, all right?" Alice said. Pets nodded her head. 

 

--

 

Aaron went to the living room. He sat on the couch, and then turned the TV on. As he was surfing channels, he saw the news channel, with Gregory Ming's picture on it. Curious, Aaron decided to watch the news. "It was confirmed today that Gregory Ming, the King Of Real Estate of Taiwan, died on a helicopter crash at sea, afternoon yesterday." the news anchor said. 

 

Aaron was surprised at the news. "That was Pets' twin sister's adoptive father, right?" he said to himself. Then, he decided to call on Pets. "Pets! Come out here!" he shouted to her. Shortly after, Pets came out of her room. "Aaron, what's wrong?" Pets asked him. Then, Aaron pointed at the news. There, she saw the news flashing on the screen. "His body was not retrieved, as the helicopter was burned severely. It is assumed that he is dead. The reason for the crash is still unknown." the news anchor said. 

 

She felt as if someone poured cold water on her. "Xiao Xing..." she thought worriedly. She doesn't know how Grace took the news, but she know she had to be there for her sister. Aaron looked at Pets and saw how sad and worried she is. "Her father's... gone..." Aaron said sadly. "Aaron..." she said as she looked at him with her eyes pleading at him. "Can you... can you go with me? I... I want to see Xiao Xing." she told him. Aaron nodded his head. "I'll go with you. Let me change my clothes, then let's go to Xiao Xing, all right?" he said. 

 

--

 

Aaron and Pets reached the gate of the Ming Mansion. "This is the place?" Aaron asked. He was in awe as he looked how palace like the Ming Mansion is. Pets nodded her head. "It should be." she said. She pressed on the door bell, and waited for it to open. 

 

As the door opened, they saw Butler Jin by the gate. He was surprised to see Pets in front of him. "Young miss! I mean... Yes?" he asked. "Hi, I'm Pets... Xiao Yue. Grace's twin sister. Is she in?" Pets asked. Butler Jin let out a sigh. "I'm sorry, but the young miss is currently resting. I'm pretty sure by now, you have heard what happened to Master Ming." he said. Pets nodded her head. "The young miss could not accept what happened. She fainted the moment I gave her the news, and now she's resting." he said. 

 

Aaron looked at Pets, and he could see the worried expression on her face. "Is there a way we can see Xiao Xing?" he asked the butler. "I'm sorry, but the young miss needs to rest for now. I'm very sorry, Miss Xiao Yue if you can't see your sister today." Butler Jin apologized. 

 

Pets lowered her head. "I understand..." she said. "We'll come back when it's the right time to visit her." Aaron told the butler. Butler Jin nodded his head. As the gate closes, they went on their way. Aaron looked worriedly at Pets, and saw how sad she is. 

 

"I  know you're worried about Xiao Xing right now. But don't worry, we'll come back another day, all right?" he told her. Pets let out a sigh. "I just realized, all the nightmares I had, it lead to this. My twin sister needs me now, but I don't know how can I be by her side..." Pets said sadly. Aaron held her hand to console her. "Don't think too much. I know you twin sister is being taken care of right now. I promise, we'll come back another day, so we could be sure she's fine." Aaron said. Pets could only nod her head. 

 

"How about this. Let's go to the night market, and buy something to eat." Aaron said. Pets looked up at him, and gave him a curious look. "Do I look like a pig to you?" she asked. Aaron let out a laugh. "Not, but you look happier when you eat." he said. Pets let out a sigh. "Well, you're right. Your treat?" he asked. Aaron smiled and nodded his head. "Then, let's go." she said. 

 

--

 

Wayne was busy reading his book for his test the next day, when he heard his phone ring. He took his phone, and saw Diana is calling. "Honey toast?" he called. "Cinnamon roll!" he heard Diana cry at the other end of the line. "What's wrong?" he asked. "I don't know what to do. I've been reading my notes for hours, and I can't seem to retain anything. I'm doomed for my test tomorrow!" she said as she cried.

 

Wayne let out a smile. "You've been so stressed out. Have you considered taking a break for a while?" he asked her. "I don't want to take a break. What if I fell asleep and forgot what I studied? What if I woke up late, and end up not taking the exams?!" she panicked. Wayne let out a laugh. "Then, set your alarm. Take a break. Go out for a walk, all right? You're pressuring yourself with studying, that's why you felt you didn't retained none of what you studied. And most of all, relax, all right?" he told her. 

 

He could heard her muffled sob on the other end of the line. "Or, do you want me to go there at your house and buy you something to eat? Maybe we can study together too." he suggested. "Will you do that for me, cinnamon roll?" Diana asked. "Of course, I will. Wait for me, all right? I'll be there in 30 minutes." he told her. "I will, cinnamon roll. Thank you. I love you." Diana told her. Wayne let out a smile upon hearing that. "I love you too." he told her. 

 

After the call ended, he picked up his books and put it in his bag. Then, his phone rang again. This time, it was Wes calling. "Zheng?" he said as he answered the phone. Then, Wayne heard a loud cry at the end of the line. "Wifey! I don't know what to do anymore! I can't seem to retain what I studied for my exams tomorrow!" Wes cried to him. 

 

Wayne sweat dropped at him. "Zheng, you shouldn't be calling me to ask for inspiration. You should be calling Fei Fei." he told her. "Some kind of a wifey you are." Wes said in hurt tone. Wayne let out a laugh. "You can do it, Zheng. You're smarter than me. And I have to go, because I promised Diana I'll be at her house tonight. "Hmp. You don't love me anymore!" Wes said in a hurt tone. Wayne let out a laugh. "I love you, hubby, but I love my honey toast more. Sorry, Zheng. Don't worry, you can do it, all right? You're going to ace your test." Wayne told him.

 

He heard his best friend sigh on the other line. "All right, I'll try to study again." Wes said before ending the call. After the call ended, another one called his phone. This time, it's Sylvia. "Fei Fei?" he said as he answered it. "Xiao Jin... I'm going to fail this exam..." she said as she cried. Wayne could only sweat drop as he listened to her. 

 

--