Episode 30 - What Really Happened

Me And The Twins Next Door

Aaron tailed Grace as she walked along the street. She's not in her usual self after she saw Sam kissing Pets, and after the outed their relationship. He knows she must be brokenhearted right now, after all, she's carrying a torch for Sam. He's scared something bad will happen to her if he leave her alone. 

 

He found her about to cross the street.  There were cars still moving along. As she was about to make a step, Aaron pulled her. "Be careful!" he told her. Grace looked at him, and let out a sigh. "You know if you cross the street without the cars stopping, you'll die." he said. Grace laughed at him. "I'm going to die right away? Not get injured or anything before dying? Can't the car stop first when the driver saw me walking in front of the car?" she asked. 

 

Aaron smiled, and poked her nose. "See, you're smiling now." he said. Grace stopped laughed, and let out another sigh. Aaron put his arm around her. As she looked up, she saw him smiling at her. "Don't be sad anymore, all right? I'm pretty sure there is a reason behind their actions today." Aaron told her. "But, do you think my sister and Sam is really in a relationship?" she asked him. "Knowing your sister, she'd rather die than be Sam's girlfriend." Aaron told her. That was enough to make her laugh. 

 

"See, you look much cuter when you smile. So, are you ready to go home?" Aaron told her. Grace shook her head. "I don't know how to face them yet..." Grace said. Aaron thought for a while, then an idea hit his head. "Ah, I have an idea. Do you trust me?" he asked. Grace nodded her head. Then, Aaron held her hand, and pulled her to a different direction. "Let's go!" Aaron said. 

 

--

 

Aaron brought Grace to the street market. He brought her to a ball toss game stall, where one of the prizes is a big Spongebob stuff toy. Aaron looked at her and gave her a confident smile. "Do you trust that I can win that stuff toy for you?" he asked. "Are you sure you can win the prize?" she asked. Aaron let out a smirk. "Don't underestimate my power." he told her. 

 

He began to play the ball toss game. After several attempt and an almost empty wallet, he was able to finally win the stuff toy for Grace. "Here you go, young man!" the boss said happily as he handed him the stuff toy. "Thank you, boss." Aaaron said. "I'm pretty sure your girlfriend will love it." the boss said with a wink. 

 

Aaron and Grace looked at each other, and smiled. "Honey, I hope you like this stuff toy." Aaron as he handed Grace the stuff toy. "Honey, I love the stuff toy. Thank you!" she said in a cutesy voice. As they left the game stall, the two of them couldn't help but laugh at their silliness. 

 

"You made the boss believe I'm your girlfriend!" Grace told. "Who played along with me?" Aaron asked her. This made Grace laugh again. "So, do you think you're ready to go home to listen to Sam and your sister?" he asked again. Grace nodded her head. "But, Aaron, can I ask you something?" she asked. "What is it?"

"Didn't you feel hurt too when you saw Sam kissing Pets?"

"What do you mean?"

"You like my sister, don't you?"

 

Aaron's eyes widened upon hearing that. "You know?" he asked. Grace nodded her head. "It's obvious. We all know. The only person who didn't know is my sister, because it's either she's blind or she just doesn't care." Grace said. With that, Aaron let out a sigh. "I got hurt too... but I want to think there is a logical explanation behind their actions. Because I know Pets won't do that with Sam without any reasons." he told her. 

 

"Then, let's go home to listen to their explanation, OK?" Grace said. Aaron nodded his head. He held her hand, and together, they walked home. 

 

--

 

Pets paced back and forth, worried about Grace. She suddenly disappeared after Kimberley left. "Pets, maybe she's with Aaron..." Sylvia told her. Diana nodded her head. "Fei Fei's right. Look, we also can't find Aaron. Maybe they are together." she said. Pets let out a sigh as she slumped on the couch. "I had to deal with Kimmy, and now I had to deal with Grace... how worse can my day get?" she whined.

 

Just then, the door opened and Aaron and Grace entered the house. "They're here!" Sunnee said. "Are you guys waiting for us?" Aaron asked them. Everyone nodded their heads. "Where have you been?" Wayne asked Aaron. "Grace and I realized that moment is the perfect time to buy a Spongebob stuff toy, so we went out to buy a Spongebob stuff toy." Aaron said. Everyone just sweat dropped at what he said. 

 

"Can someone please explain what just happened a while ago?" Grace asked. Sam let out of smile. "All right, let me explain that. Here's what really happened." he said. 

 

[Flashback]

 

"What do you want?" Sam asked as soon as he and Pets are alone. "Didn't you tell me last night you'll help me get her off my back?" Pets asked. Sam nodded his head. "How do you want me to get rid of her?" he asked. Then, Pets let out a smile at him. "Use your charms and flirt with her." Pets told him. "Is that all you want me to do? Easy peasy!" Sam said confidently. 

 

Pets glared at him. "You're too full of yourself." she told him. "Who am I? I'm Sam Lin. I can get any girl I like." he said. Pets was about to say that he can get any girl except Sylvia, but Sam knew better and stopped her from speaking. "I know what you're gonna say. If you say it, I won't help you." he told him. "All right. Just help me on this, and I help you next time you need help." Pets said. With that Sam let out a smirk. "You got yourself a deal." he told her. 

 

--

 

"Guys?" Pets called her fried the moment they got to the backyard. "Pets, did you you punch Sam again?" Wayne asked her upon seeing Sam in pain. Pets shook his head. "Our plan... didn't work... need... help..." Sam managed to say despite being in pain. "What kind of help?" Sunnee asked. Sam just smiled at them. 

 

"Someone... needs... to... pretend... to be... her... girlfriend..." Sam said. All of them looked at each other. "Is that because of Kimberley, Pets?" Sylvia asked. Pets nodded her head. "I want to get rid of her, all right?" Pets said. "You're so mean." Diana said with a pout. 

 

"Look, I don't know how long I will stay here in Taipei because of my sister. I'm just doing her a favor by letting her go. I admit, what I'm going to do is really bad, but I love her, and I don't want to make her wait for me anymore. I want her to find her happiness without me. I don't want to tie her down in a love that is uncertain. And I don't think I can sustain a long distance relationship." Pets explained. 

 

All of them understood her reason. "I would love to help, but she know I broke up with Dylan. And, I'm more handsome than you so I won't be that convincing." Sunnee said. Everyone eyes Diana, but Wayne hugged her. "Not my honey toast." he said. Then, they eyed Sylvia. Sylvia let out a sigh, and then nodded her head. "All right, I'll do it." she said. 

 

--

 

Sam covered Pets' lips with his thumb, and just made their cheeks touch to make it look like their kissing. "The hell are you doing?!" Pets hissed at him. "Shut up, or she'll find out we're faking this. You need my help, remember?" Sam whispered to her. "Yes, but not this way!"

"You want her out of your hair, or not?"

 

Pets, let out a sigh, and just continued with their fake kiss.

 

[End Of Flashback]

 

"Aaaaahhhhhh..." Everyone sighed as soon as Sam was done telling what happened. "Now, I understand." Aaron said with a smile. "Me too!" Grace said as she hugged her stuff toy tight. "That was so believable. I almost thought it's true!" Ben commented. "So now, since my work here is done... let me go back to sleep." Sam said. He stood up, and went back to his room. 

 

But as he closed the door behind him, he let out a sigh. Sam can't deny that after Kimberley muttered the name 'Jiro', there was a pained look on Pets' face. 

 

[Flashback]

 

"J-jiro?"

 

Pets suddenly became in a daze. He saw Kimberley storm out of the door, while Pets slumped on the couch. He looked at her, and could see she was almost in tears. "Grace wait!" he heard Aaron say. 

 

"Why did they suddenly leaving the house?" he asked. Sylvia folded her arms, and glared at him. "Isn't it obvious? With what you and Pets did, of course they will be mad!" she told him. "What's the truth?" Wayne asked him. "I was just helping, all right?" Sam said in his defense. 

 

Sylvia let out a sigh, and looked at Wayne. "Let's go and look for Grace Aaron." she told him. Wayne nodded his head. After Sylvia and Wayne left, he looked at Pets and saw her crying. 

 

[End Of Flashback]

 

--