Episode 33 - Writer's Block

Me And The Twins Next Door

A/N: Stephanie here is played by Hebe Tien

 

 

 

Aaron woke up the middle of the night, and got out of his room. He looked at the living room, and saw it empty. "Maybe the twins are asleep now. It's been a long day for them, especially to Grace..." he thought. As he turned around, he saw Sam out of his room. 

 

"Why are you still up?" Sam asked. "Nothing." Aaron told. "You're also worried about the twins, right?" Sam asked. Aaron let out a sigh. "You can't blame me. What happened tonight, it hurt Grace the most. And I know it also hurt Pets. Imagine being denied and rejected by your own mother... your flesh and blood." Aaron said. Sam nodded in agreement. "I can understand the feeling." Sam said. 

 

The two looked at each other, and smiled. "You care for Pets so much, huh? Why do you still like her when you know she can't like you back?" Sam asked him. "I just want to. How about you? Are you really serious about Grace?" Aaron asked. "Grace is cute, but..." 

 

Aaron waited for him to continue to speak. "Let's just see what happens next, all right? I just want to enjoy her company for now." Sam said. Aaron let out a sigh. ""Don't lead her on. If you can't be serious about her, then stop flirting with her. Grace is still has no experience being in a relationship. The closest thing she had to a heartbreak is her father's death. So, if you have no plans to take her seriously, stop it, all right?" Aaron said worriedly. Sam just nodded his head. 

 

--

 

She put on her favorite rabbit hat, and her glasses. She stretched her arms, and then opened her laptop. "It's time..." she whispered, As she put her hand on the keyboard, her mind became blank. "Wait... I'm having another writer's block... this can't be!" she thought.  "Nooooooooooooo!" she shouted as she looked up at the ceiling. 

 

"Xiao Xing, what's wrong with you?" Pets asked as he got inside the room. Grace froze in her seat as she looked at her sister. Then, she slowly shook her head. "What are you doing?" Pets asked her as she put on her uniform for work. "M-my assignment..." she said. Pets let out a smile at her. "You sure have a lot of assignments lately, huh?" Pets commented. "Yeah. I don't know why." Grace lied. 

 

"Hey, try to rest your eyes once in while. Don't spend so much time in front of your laptop." Pets told her. Grace nodded her head. "Take care on your way to work!" Grace shouted to her twin sister as she left. She went back to face her computer screen, and looked at the story she is writing. "What should I write now?! I need to update that KO One fan fic, and also 'Spring After Winter' and those other stories  I have written..." she asked herself. Grace let out a sigh, and thought a scene for her story.

 

[Grace's Imagination]

 

Zhong Wan Jun and Ding Xiao Yu stood facing each other. Zhong Wan Jun let out a smirk at his senior. "Then, you must be the legendary King of Endurance, huh?" he said. Xiao Yu  smirked at him as well. "And you are the new KO1 in the KO charts." Xiao Yu said. 

 

Wan Jun folded his arms as he glared at him. "Why are you here? You know that this is my territory." Wan Jun said. Xiao Yu raised an eyebrow at him. "Your territory? From what I heard, you are not the leader of Zhong Ji Yi Ban..." he said. "I may not be the leader, but this is our territory now. And since you have left Ba Le high School, you shouldn't be stepping in to our territory." Wan Jun said. 

 

Xiao Yu let out another smirk. "Little friend, if it wasn't for our efforts, you wouldn't have your Yi Neng right now." he said. Wan Jun gave him a confused look. "KO One Return, have you heard of it?' he said. "Your effort? Excuse me, Lei Ting and I time traveled to save you and your monkey friend! Or else you would have died to. Have you even watched it?" Wan Jun said. Xiao Yu gave him a confused look. "No. I think I was filming 'Just You' that time. Or 'Alice In Wonder City'. I forgot why I didn't watch it." Xiao Yu told him. 

 

Xiao Yu let out a sigh. "But that's not the point. The point is, I'm here for Lei Ting." Xiao Yu told him. Wan Jun closed his fist upon hearing his reason why he came back. "What do you want from her?" he asked. He had to know his intentions in order to protect the girl he loves. "You know exactly what I want from her." Xiao Yu said. 

 

Wan Jun lifted his hand, revealing the glass marbles between his fingers. He began to up his powers, and Xiao Yu did the same as he clenched his left fist. "I want to challenge her. For a piano battle." Xiao Yu  told him. Wan Jun sweat dropped upon hearing that, making his Yi Neng go lower. "What? Just for a piano battle?" Wan Jun asked in disbelief. Xiao Yu nodded his head. "Of course, what else. Haven't you watched the first season? I play the piano there. And also, you're on my desk. I want you to move out of it." Xiao Yu said. 

 

Wan Jun could feel the vein popping from his forehead. "But that's my seat now!" he told him. "I don't care. That's precious to me. Can't you see, the design on my desk is a piano."

"It's all black now."

"You painted over it?!"

"You guys were gone for 10 years, of course the school will paint over it."

"But Da Dong and Ya Se painted it for me!"

"Da Dong and Ya Se aren't part of this fan fic, so stop mentioning them." 

 

Xiao Yu shook his head. "All right. I'm here for Lei Ting." he told Wan Jun. "Why?" he asked. "Of course, because I like her." Xiao Yu told him. "You like her? You're 10 years older than her. Are you a pedobear?" Wan Jun asked. "And you liked her too, right? KO One Re-act. You lost to Da Dong." Xiao Yu said. "You watched KO One Re-Act?" It's the same time as 'Just You'!" Wan Jun said. "So what? I like Pets. I mean, Lei ting." Xiao Yu said. 

 

"I'm not going to let you have Lei Ting!" Wan Jun shouted. He was about to attack Xiao Yu, but he heard someone call his name. "Wan Jun! Xiao Yu!" both of them heard. They looked back, and saw Lei Ting running towards them. Tailing behind her is Zhi Ge, Qiu Qiu, Gu Zhan, Ben (dressed as a ZJYB student) and Julia. 

 

Xiao Yu looked Ben. "You're not part of the KO series!" he said, pointing at Ben. "I know but this is an imagination, and all characters from the fic should be here." Ben said. Then he looked at Julia with confusion. "You're supposed to be from the Iron Dimension, right? 10 years in the future?" Xiao Yu said. Julia smiled as she scratched her head. "I don't have an alternate counterpart  here, so I had to go as Julia. And besides, I'm a an interdimension reporter. The X-Dormitory, haven't you watched it?" Julia said. Xiao Yu shook his head. "Didn't watch. I was filming for 'Fall In Love With Me' that time."  Then, Xiao Yu turned his attention to Lei Ting. "But I did fall in love with you at first sight." he said with a smile. The rest sweat dropped at what Xiao Yu said.

 

"Wait, wait, wait, wait... are you sure you're Xiao Yu and not Jiu Wu who got inside Ye Si Ren's coffin?" Gu Zhan asked. Xiao Yu scratched his head. "Sorry. I was switching roles." he said awkwardly. "Huh??" Qiu Qiu said in a daze. Gu Zhan let out a sweat drop. "Qiu Qiu. You're Qiu Qiu, not Gu Gu, all right?" Gu Zhan reminded her. Qiu Qiu nodded her head.  

 

"What do you two think you're doing?" Lei Ting scolded Wan Jun and Xiao Yu. "Me? What I'm doing is I 'Fight For Love'." Wan Jun said. "SpeXial!" Both Zhi Ge and  Gu Zhan shouted. They gave each other a high five. Xiao Yu let out a sigh. "Why is Huang Gong and Ya Se at the first part of this fan fic. I'm outnumbered by these guys..." he thought. Then, he looked at Lei Ting and smiled. "Can't you see, Lei Ting? 'I Only Have Feelings For You." Xiao Yu said. 

 

Wan Jun looked at Xiao Yu and glared at him. "Don't believe him, Lei Ting. He's a 'Love Killah'." he said. Xiao Yu glared at him as well. "No, I'm not. I'm just 'Super Hot'." Xiao Yu retorted. "He's 'Dangerous'. But I will be your 'Love Guardian'." Wan Jun said as he looked at him. 

 

Xiao Yu was surprised at him. "Hey, just one song title at a  time. No fair!" he told him. Wan Jun pouted at him. "You had more songs than me!" he whined. "Can you guys just 'Break It Down'?" Zhi Ge told them. "Maybe 'When Grief Strike'." Gu Zhan said. Ben folded his arms as he smiled. "Well, it seems that they 'Give Up To Love'." he said. "Well... 'I Think I Need More Time'." Zhi Ge said. 

 

Xiao Yu let out a sigh as he looked at Lei Ting again. He walked towards her, and held her hand. "Lei Ting, 'I Can See Nothing But You'. I know it's 'My Turn To Be With You'. You are my 'Unstoppable Sun' and, your side is 'Where I Belong'.   I know... I know despite your tough exterior, I can 'Touch Your Heart' and we can have an 'Everlasting Moment'." he told her. Wan Jun could feel a vein popping from his forehead. "Hey, that's six songs in a row!" he told him. Xiao Yu just ignored him. "Lei Ting, As long as I'm right by your side, I don't have to miss you. We shall only use the time for reminiscing. I want to be by your side, and experience all the happiness. Maybe this will be forever." he told her. 

 

Zhi Ge, Gu Zhan, Qiu Qiu and Julia all looked at each other in confusion, until Qiu Qiu realized what Xiao Yu is saying. "Hey, that's a song lyric from Xin Wo! Zhi Yao Zai Ni Shan Bian!" Qiu Qiu said, singing the last part. "You're cheating!" Wan Jun accused him again. Lei Ting looked at Xiao Yu and then at Wan Jun. Then, she let out a sigh. "But, I am just someone who 'Keep On Thinking Of Someone'. Sometimes, I ask myself, 'How To Stop Loving You'. because 'There Are Tears' But I realized, 'I Am Not The Person You Should Love.'" she told them. Wan Jun and Xiao Yu looked at each other, then back at her. Both of them are confused. 

 

"What do you mean?" They both asked. "Because..." Lei Ting looked at Julia, and extended her hand. Julia smiled as she walked towards her and held her hand. "Julia, 'I Love You. Period." she told him.  Qiu Qiu and Gu Zhan looked at each other and smiled. "That's a whole album!" Both Qiu Qiu and Gu Zhan said. 

 

Julia put her head on her shoulder as she looked lovingly at Lei Ting. "'Love Exists' and I am 'Home'." she told her. Gu Zhan shook his head. "'I Don't Know'" he said. Qiu Qiu pouted at him. "That's Diana's song!" she told him. "Well, if it's Julia's 'Decision'." Gu Zhan said. 

 

Lei Ting hugged her waist as she kissed her on the forehead. This made Zhi Ge mad. "Pei Ci! That's my girlfriend!" he said, breaking out of character. Lei Ting rolled her eyes at him. "Excuse me but this is an imagination, so she's my girlfriend now!" Lei Ting said, sticking a tongue out at him after speaking. 

 

Then, an idea came into Wan Jun's mind. He let out a smile as he looked at Qiu Qiu, "This is an imagination? Then, Qiu Qiu and I can -"

"No. She's still my girlfriend. Even in your imagination. Even in the prequel. Even in the KO Series." Gu Zhan told him off. He pulled Qiu Qiu to his side, and hugged her, while Wan Jun just pouted. 

 

"Honey toast... please don't have a 'Tempting Heart'." Zhi Ge cried as he looked at Lei Ting and Julia. "What to do?" Xiao Yu said as he looked helplessly at Lei Ting. "That's not even your song." Wan Jun told him. "'I'm lonely and being lonely is fine'!" Xiao Yu shouted. "Again, that's not your song." Wan Jun said. 

 

[End Of Grace's Imagination]

 

Grace shook her head. "No, that won't do." she told herself. Just then, her phone, and saw a familiar name flash on her screen. She smiled as she answered the phone. "Stephanie!" she exclaimed. "Hello, my little Autumn. How have you been?" Stephanie said on the other line. "I'm doing good!"

 

Grace went to her bed, and sat on it as she talked to her. "Hey, don't tell me you're still on vacation? You're taking this gap year very seriously." she told her friend. "Well, I don't want to go back to Royal Cardinal. And you know I don't like to go to school."

"I'm thinking it's because either you don't really like your major, or it's because I'm no longer around."

 

She heard Stephanie let out a sigh. "Both. You know how much I hate Economics. Eh, Xiao Xi, go back to the Royal Cardinal. I'll help for your school fees." Stephanie said. Grace just laughed at her. "I can't. And besides, I'm already in my dream school." she told her. "Oh, I forgot. It has always been your dream to go to Bai He because Uncle Gregory and Aunt Melissa went there. It was only your evil stepmother who wanted you to go Royal Cardinal Academy."

"Can we not talk about that wretched evil stepmom of mine?"

"Ooopppsss sorry..."

 

Grace let out a sigh. "You don't really want to contest your dad's last will? Dad is willing to help you..." Stephanie told her. "It's all right, Stephanie. I don't want to inconvenience you and your dad. Besides, I'm happy where I am now. I'm with my twin sister. I'm living the life I've always wanted. I'm thankful that for the past 21 years, I was a daughter of the most humble and kind man I've ever known." she said as she smiled. "Then, I'll come and visit you when I come back, all right?"

"Stephanie, where are you by the way?"

"Finland. Chasing the Aurora Borealis."

"Then, let's meet when you come back here in Taipei."

"I can't wait. Anyway, I have to go. Talk to you soon, love."

 

Grace ended the call, and went to the desk to face her work. She looked blankly at the screen before her, and let out a sigh. "I give up. I can't think of anything to write right now..." she said in a defeated tone. 

 

--

 

"It's weird... Autumn Amaranthine have not updated her stories for a week. Usually, when it's Saturday, she would be on fire updating everything." Wayne said to Aaron. He looked at his phone, trying to refresh it, but nothing happened. 

 

"Maybe she's busy lately..." Aaron said. He saw Grace walk out of the room to go to the kitchen. "Maybe, you know... she's also a student who have a lot of assignments..." Aaron said. Grace paused for a while, and looked at Aaron. He saw her smirking at her. "He knows... does he?"she thought. 

 

"But I wish she could update soon. I want to know if Alexander will be able to save Joan. and if Meng Zhu will resign as a Meng Zhu because of her mistake...." Wayne said. Aaron let out a sigh. "Well, I want to know what will happen next, now that Xiao Lan and Xue Hua is married." Aaron said. Then, he secretly eyed on Grace as she walked towards them. 

 

"Hey, are you waiting for Autumn Amaranthine's update?" she asked the two. Wayne nodded his head. "I can't wait for her to update 'Ultimate Hunters' and 'Always Loving You'." Wayne said. "I never thought you'll read that cheesy novel..." Aaron commented.

 

"Hey, it's not cheesy! Qing Er Mei Mei is a very mysterious character. I also thought of it that way, but when I started to read it, I realized it's different from other romance novels." Wayne said. Aaron nodded his head. "But I think Autumn Amaranthine's best work is 'Spring After Winter'. Actually, I realized Xiao Lan is a nice guy as well..." Aaron said. 

 

Wayne looked at Grace. "You must also be waiting for Autumn Amaranthine's update, too, right Grace?" Wayne asked. Grace nodded her head. "Yeah. I think she's having a writer's block which is why she isn't updating yet." Grace said. "Writer's block, huh? Then she must need an inspiration to be able to write..." Aaron said while scratching his chin.

 

Aaron looked at her for a long time. "Ah, you're having writer's block, huh?" he thought. Then, he let out a smile. "Well, too bad. If her writer's block will take long, she might lose her precious readers if doesn't update soon." he told her. With that, Grace's eyes widened. Aaron secretly smile upon seeing that reaction. "Really? You think so?" Grace asked. 

 

"Aiyo, Aaron... you know Autumn Amaranthine has been writing for years. She had gained a lot of loyal followers. I don't think she will lose her readers just because she failed to update her stories today. I could totally understand her, you know. She's been writing too many web novels lately..." Wayne said. Grace let out a nervous laugh. "Wayne is right." she said. "But I still need to update my stories, or my loyal readers might be mad at me..." she thought. 

 

Aaron looked at Grace and noticed the worried look on her face. "I shouldn't have scared her like that, but basing her reaction on what I said, she is Autumn Amaranthine..." he thought. "Well, if I were Autumn Amaranthine, I'll take a break for a while. It would be hard to write without any plot in mind, right? I, as her reader, would rather she not update for a long time as long as her next chapters would be as great as the last one." Aaron said. Wayne just nodded his head. "Well then, while I'm waiting for her update. I'll just re-read my favorite chapter from 'KO One Re-Set'." Wayne said. Aaron laughed at him. "Just don't cry again at the part Zhi Ge and Catherine had to part." Aaron told him. 

 

--

 

Grace continued to stare at her computer as she thought of what to write for her story. "What to do? What to do? I need to write something!" she said to herself. She sat up straight, and began to write her latest chapter.

 

[Grace's imagination]

 

Pets = Guinivere, the Meng Zhu

Wes = Henry

Wayne = William

 

"Meng Zhu, it's not your fault that everything is in chaos right now. You shouldn't step down!" Henry told the dimension leader. "Henry, I am responsible for everything that happened in this dimension. They are right... maybe I am not ready to be the dimension leader..."

 

William looked at the dimension leader, and let out a sigh. "This is something that all of us had overlooked. You and Henry already made a great sacrifice to look after the wormhole. We all didn't know there is another wormhole." he told her. Henry nodded his head. "William is right. It is not entirely your fault, Meng Zhu. If you will step down from your position, then I will step down in my position as well. After all, in my heart, only you are the rightful leader of the Platinum dimension." Henry said. "I will step down if Henry steps down too. I'm pretty sure our brothers will do the same thing." 

 

Guinivere looked at the two, and let out a smile. Stepping down as the dimension leader would be a big mistake. "All I can do now is correct my mistake..." she whispered. "And we are willing to help you, Meng Zhu." Henry said with a smile. She looked at his trusted men, and smiled at them. "Get ready to party guys..." she said as she put on her hood. "We have some demons to hunt..."

 

[End Of Grace's imagination]

 

She slumped her head on the desk. "Just. One. Chapter?! This isn't me!" she whined. She looked at the computer screen, and cried. "Why am I having a writer's block? Why?!" she asked herself as she cried. Then, she heard a knock on the door. She stood up, and opened it. "Aaron!" she greeted. "Hey, want to go outside for a walk?" he asked her. Grace pouted at him. "Well..."she hesitated. Before she could answer, Aaron took her hand. "Come on, it will be fun!" he said as he pulled her out of the room. 

 

Aaron brought Grace to the nearest park for a stroll. "What are we doing here?" she asked him as they were walking. "Don't you feel a little bit pressured, lately? It's nice to have a break once in a while." Aaron told her. Grace just let out a sigh. "You know, when I feel burnt out from school, I always take a stroll here at the park. It helps me more focused on what I'm supposed to do." Aaron said. Grace looked at him, and smiled. "You feel pressured at school too, Aaron?" she asked. Aaron nodded his head. "You know, being an architecture student is hard. We had to finish our plates on time. There's so many deadlines. So many projects to do. It's nice to unwind, from time to time." he said. 

 

Grace looked at him, and smiled. "You don't look like you're pressured from school works." she commented. "It's because I don't let people show how pressured I am. I just look cool outside, but deep inside, I'm already in panic mode." he said with laugh. He looked at her, and smiled. "You seem to be bothered lately, and I'm worried about you. Whatever it is that's bothering you, just let it go. Try to clear your mind. And soon, you'll be able to do what you're supposed to do." Aaron told her.

 

Grace realized he is right. She had been pressured lately to write new chapters for her novels. Maybe, all she need is a little break from it. "Thank you for your advice, Aaron. I'll do what you said." she said. Aaron smiled at her,and ruffled her hair. "Hey, there's a dessert stall over there. Want to grab something to eat?" he asked. Grace nodded her head. Then, he held her hand, and the two of them walked over the dessert stall. 

 

--

 

"I'm home!"

 

Pets said as she got inside the house. "Welcome home!" Grace greeted her sister. She and Aaron were cooking that moment Pets came. "Wow, Xiao Xing, you're helping Aaron to cook?" she asked. Grace nodded her head. "I was asking him to teach me how, so I could cook next time." she told her. Pets just smiled at her. "Then, are you done with your assignments?" she asked. Grace stared at her for a long time. "What assignment?" she asked her. "The one you have been working on this morning before I went for work." Pets reminded her. 

 

"Aaaahhhh, yes. The assignment. I'm not yet done." she told Pets. "Then, go and finish your school works first. Don't worry, we're almost done here." Aaron told her. Grace nodded her head, and headed back to their room. Pets joined Aaron in the kitchen after Grace left. "You know, it's not really her school works she's working on." she told him. "What do you mean?" Aaron asked her. "My sister is Autumn Amaranthine." she whispered to Aaron. 

 

Aaron's eyes widened upon hearing that. "You knew?!" he asked. Pets let out a laugh. "She doesn't know that I know yet. I guess she had her reasons why she is keeping it a secret." Pets said. "Then... then how did you found out?!" Aaron asked. "She had been trying to write something since last night. She fell asleep on the desk, and there I found that she's writing her stories, and that she's Autumn Amaranthine." she told him. Then, they here their phones beeped. They looked at their phones, and saw a new update from one of her stories. "I'm glad that she was able to write tonight..." Aaron said. 

 

Pets looked at him. "You knew, right?" she asked. Aaron nodded her head. "I suspected she is Autumn Amaranthine before. We were discussing a future story of a story I'm reading, and then she wrote it." Aaron said. Pets smiled, and put her arms around her neck. "Then, I trust you'll help to keep this secret?" she asked. Aaron nodded his head. "I will." he said. "Good, or else, I will kill you while you sleep." Pets said as she gave him an evil smile. Aaron could only let out a nervous laugh and gulp hard.