Episode 18 - Ikemen Coffee House

Me And The Twins Next Door

"Hey, what's your plan now?" 

 

Aaron asked Pets as they sat on the living room. Pets let out a sigh. "First, I need to find a job. Xiao Xing got a little inheritance from her father, but I don't want to depend on her. I want her to continue her studies as well, as she's almost graduating. I already asked my dad to sell my car and send me half of the money so at least I could have a little something while I'm here." Pets explained. "But, what about your studies? You're also about to graduate, right?" Aaron asked. Pets let out a smile. "I'll just resume it next time. Or, maybe I can ask my dad to get my documents from my school so I could transfer here. But for now, I need to earn money." she said. Aaron nodded his head. "I understand."

 

Shortly after, Grace joined them. "Hey!" she greeted as she sat between them. "So, Grace... are you ready to go back to school?" Aaron asked. Grace let out a sigh. "How can I go back to Royal Cardinal. I can barely afford the fees there." she said with a pout. Aaron scratch his head. "I forgot, you study at the most expensive and exclusive college in Taiwan..." he said. 

 

"Is transferring school an option?" Pets asked her. "Well, not a bad idea. I've always wanted to go to Bai He University. My mom and dad studied there. They met there, and they fell in love there..." Grace said dreamily. "Then, maybe I can help you transfer, if you want." Aaron told her. Grace looked at him, and smiled. "Really?" she asked. Aaron nodded his head. "Then, thank you for your help, Aaron." she told him. 

 

Then, Grace looked at Pets. "How about you, Xiao Yue? Are you going to transfer schools too?" Grace asked. Pets shook her head. "Nah, I'll go look for a job instead." she said. "But, why? I have money."  Grace told her sister. "I don't want to depend on you, Xiao Xing. And besides, it's the money your father gave to you, not to me." 

"But you are my sister. I should help you, right?"

"But I am the older twin. I should also work for the two of us."

 

Aaron folded his arms as he looked at the twins. "Just curious. How much money did your father left you? He should have left you all of his wealth, right?" Aaron asked. Grace let out a sigh and pouted. "That should have been the case, but he only left me a little of his wealth." Grace explained. "Knowing how rich your father is, a little percentage should still be a lot, right?" he asked. "2 million. He left me with 2 million." Grace said casually. 

 

Aaron and Pets gaped upon hearing that. "2 million NTD?!" they both exclaimed. Grace nodded her head. "Still, that's a lot." Aaron said. "Well, it's just a month's fee at Royal Cardinal, so now you understand why I can't afford it now." Grace said. Aaron nodded his head. "Wow, and I asked my dad to sell my car so we can have money..." Pets said, 

 

Grace gave her sister puppy eyes. "I'm sorry, Xiao Yue, I didn't know..." she said. Pets ruffled her hair, and smile. "It's OK. I didn't know because I didn't ask. Still, I have to find a job, because it would be boring to stay here alone when school starts." Pets said. Then, Pets looked at Aaron. "Aaron, I'm counting on you to help Xiao Xing to transfer to your school, all right? And to look after her." Pets said. Aaron smiled at her. "I won't let you down." he told her. 

 

--

 

"Boss, we need more people around." Xiao Hou complained as he got inside their boss' office. His boss turned around to face him. "We're getting a lot of customers, and we're so short-handed lately." he added. 

 

Jenni looked at him, and sighed. "I know, I know. But I can't find a suitable replacement for Derek and George yet." he told her. Then, Xiu, the barista, came inside her office. "I'm going to die with so many orders! Jenni, I can't do all the coffee orders alone." Xiu told her. 

 

Jenni leaned back on her chair, and massaged her temple. "I'm sorry. I didn't know that even if it's semester break, we would still have a lot of customers." Jenni apologized to them. "We need someone to help us until Ian and Marcus comes back from their vacation. I doubt if Xiao Hou and Riley can handle everything by themselves." Xiu said. "Also as replacement for Derek and George." Xiao Hou said. 

 

Jennie slammed her hand on the table, and then stood up from her seat. "All right!"  she shouted, making the two jump in surprise. "The next person that will walk at our door and ask for a job, I'll hire him right away!" she said. 

 

--

 

That day, Pets was walking around the university area, after sending Aaron and Grace to the university for her sister's registration.  She passed by a coffee shop a block away from Bai He to get something to eat. Before she pushed the door open, she noticed a sign outside. "Help, Wanted." it says. 

 

"Hmmm... maybe I can apply for a job here..." she thought. She went inside, and saw how busy it is inside. There are only two waiters, and one manning the counter. "Hey, where's my order!"

"Why are you guys so slow?"

"Waiter, we've been waiting for our coffee for 30 minutes now!"

"I'm sorry miss, I'll prepare your food now."

 

Pets looked around, and let out a sigh. "Such a busy coffee shop..." she thought. She then decided to approach the counter, where a man was busy preparing coffee. "Xiu! Do you have my red velvet frappe?" one of the waiters called. 

 

The waiter looked at her. "Sir, we'll have your order soon. Why don't you go back to your seat first?" he asked. Pets smiled, and shook her head. "I'm actually here to apply for a job." she said. Upon hearing that, Xiu, looked at her and smiled as if she just saved the day. "You're hired!" he said. 

 

Pets gave the guy a confused look. "Huh?" she asked. Before she knew it, the waiter shoved her behind the counter. "Help Xiu with the coffees for now, all right?" he said. Pets could only look at the guy with confusion. Then, she looked at Xiu, and saw him handing her an apron. "OK... I guess this is much better though..." she said as she took the apron from him. She put it on and began to help the barista in making the coffees. 

 

An hour later, they have finished all the orders. "That was close..." Xiu said. Then, he looked at Pets. "Thanks, man. By the way, what's your name?" he asked her. "I'm Pets. And I'm actually a girl." she told him. Xiu was surprised at what she said. "Really? Well, that's too bad..." he said as he scratched his head. Pets gave him a confused look. "Why?"

"Because the boss only hires guys. Good looking guys."

 

Pets let out a sad sigh. "Then, I guess I'm no longer hired?" she asked him. Xiu smiled at her. "Don't worry. If Jenni found out how you helped us, I'm pretty sure she'll consider." he said. "But why does the boss only want to hire good looking guys?" she asked. 

 

"Because this is Ikemen Coffee House. And our specialty aside from our coffees are our good looking staffs." Pets heard someone said. She looked back, and saw a y lady walk towards them. "Xiu, is this the new guy you hired?" she asked Xiu. Xiu nodded. "But she's not a guy. She's a girl. But, she did help us out." Xiu said. 

 

Jenni looked at Pets from head to toe, and circled her. "Hmmm... a girl? You don't look like one." she said. Pets let out a smile. "I get that a lot." Pets said. "Or, are you here to flirt with my boys?" Jenni asked. "I'm not here for the guys here. I don't even like guys. I like girls." Pets said. Jenni let out a smile. "Then, you're hired. Officially. Besides, some girls here like boyish girls too. For example, me." Jennie said, smiling seductively. 

 

Pets let out an awkward laugh. "T-thanks, boss." she said. Then, Jenni turned to Xiu. "Teach her on how to make our coffee, all right?" she said. Xiu nodded his head. "No worries. She's a fast learner. I'm pretty sure it's easy to train her." Xiu said. Jennie turned to Pets, and smiled. "Then, go easy on my cutie pie, all right?" she said. She kissed Pets on the cheek before going back to her office. 

 

"Wow, you're lucky." Xiu said. Pets was stunned at her kiss, as she it was very unexpected. "If Jenni kisses you, it means she really likes you to work here." Xiu explained. "Oh, OK." she said. Then, the two waiters came to the counter. "Boss kissed you? So lucky!" Xiao Hou said. "I want to be kissed by boss again, too." Riley, one of the waiters, said with a pout. 

 

Pets and Xiu let out laugh. "By the way, guys. This is Pets, our new barista. Pets, this is Xiao Hou and Riley." Xiu said.  Pets smiled at the two, and nodded before them. "It's nice to meet you. Please take care of me." she said. "You look too feminine for a guy..." Riley commented. "Because I'm not a guy. I'm a guy trapped in a woman's body." she said. Xiao Hou and Riley looked at each other. "Ooohhhh..." they both said in awe. "So, you guys won't mind?" Pets asked. "As long as you're a bro, we're all bros." Xiao Hou told her. "Welcome to our coffee shop!" Riley said. 

 

--

 

"Well, I think you're all set for the first day of school." Aaron told Grace as they were walking out of the building. Grace looked at him, and smiled. "Thank you for your help, Aaron." she said. "Don't mention it. I'm glad to be of help." he said. "I'm glad they accepted me here even if it's already in the middle of the school year." Grace commented as she looked at her paper. "Hey, your father is an alumni here, so they better accept you." Aaron told her. 

 

"Aaron! Grace!"

 

The two looked up, and saw Wayne, Ben and Sam walking up to them. "Are you two done with the enrollment?" Ben asked them. Grace nodded her head. "I wonder why Pets didn't enroll..." Wayne asked. "Well, she's still enrolled in her school in Canada. She's just taking a leave of absence. But I guess she will transfer here once she have her documents on hand." Aaron explained. 

 

Wayne gave Aaron a playful smile. "Ah, Aaron... you know a lot about her, huh?" he . This made blush. "How come you know that, and not me?" Grace teased too. "Aiyo, Pets told me before, all right? Stop teasing me!" he said as his cheeks become redder. 

 

"So, now that we're all registered for the new semester, what are your plans after this?" Aaron asked them. "I'm going out with Diana." Wayne said. "Play video games." Ben said. "I don't know, probably catch up on some readings." Grace said. 

 

Sam let out a smile at her. "Cutie, you want to get something to eat at the street market?" he asked. Upon hearing that, Grace blushed. "S-sure..." she said. Aaron looked at Grace, then at Sam. "Pets is expecting us home right away. She knows we're just going to finish your registration today." Aaron reminded her. Sam let out a sigh. "You're such a spoilsport, Aaron..." he told him. 

 

"Maybe Pets will understand. After all, Sam is her friend too, right?" she asked. This made Wayne cough. "If pigs fly..." he muttered. Grace looked at Aaron with puppy eyes. Then, she clasped her hand, pleading him to let her go with Sam. Seeing the look on her face, Aaron couldn't help but give in to her. "All right, all right. But you two need to go home right away, or Pets will kill me." Aaron said. 

 

Sam rolled his eyes at him. "Hey, Ya Lun, are you our dad? Why are you being strict on us?" Sam said. "I'm not the strict one. Pets doesn't want her sister to be around guys..."

"Why, does she want Grace to be a spinster?"

"She's just protecting her."

"From what?"

"From you."

 

Sam sweat dropped upon hearing that. "You must be the one that Pets was talking about. The one who gets a girl pregnant when he touches them." Wayne said. Sam glared at him. "Hey, did you hear anything about me getting some girl pregnant?" he asked him. "But knowing you..." Wayne tried to reason out. 

 

Sam raised his hand to silence Wayne. "We'll just eat out. Nothing will happen, all right?" Sam said. "You just have to make sure you'll return Grace home like how you took her from us, OK?" Ben said. Aaron and Wayne nodded in agreement. "Guys, I'm going to be fine. I know Sam will take care of me. Right, Sam?" Grace said, smiling at Sam. Sam smiled and nodded her head. "Of course, cutie." he said. 

 

"Just be home right away." Aaron said strictly. Sam let out a sigh. "Yes, dad." Sam told him. Then, he held Grace's hand, and looked at her. "Let's go?" he asked. Grace nodded her head.