Episode 42 - Fall In Love With Me

Me And The Twins Next Door

Grace sat on the couch with a mug of hot chocolate on her hand. Aaron sat beside her, bringing with him a towel. "Are you OK?" he asked worriedly. Grace nodded her head. Then, he put the towel on her hair, and helped her dry her hair. 

 

"Next time, bring an umbrella with you, OK?" Aaron told her. Grace looked at him, and their eyes met. They stared at each other for a long time. Grace's cheeks turned pink as Aaron smiled at her. "T-thank you..." she said. "Y-you're welcome..." Aaron stuttered as pink tints appeared on his cheeks. 

 

"H-h-how did you know?" Grace asked. Aaron gave her a confused look. "T-that I always visit the mansion w-when I miss my daddy?" she asked. "I've been following you." Aaron said. Grace looked at him with curiosity. "Why are you following me?" she asked. "Because I want to look after you. Because I'm worried about you." 

 

"But... why?"

"Because I care for you."

"Why?"

"Because I..."

 

Aaron looked at her for a long time. "... love you..." he thought. He wanted to say it aloud, but he's scared it will change things between them. He let out a smile as he put his arms around her. "You're my best friend, remember? Best friends care for each other." he said. Grace just nodded her head. "Then, can you  help keep this from Xiao Yue?" she asked. Aaron smiled, and nodded her head. "But you have to promise me. If you want to go back to your old house, I should accompany you, OK?" he said. Grace smiled, and nodded her head. 

 

--

 

"Matcha latte please for table 12."

 

Sam said as he placed the note in front of Pets. "Working on it." Pets said as he started on the drink. Sam leaned on the counter as he watched her make the drink. All of a sudden, he saw pink bubbles around her as he hears someone singing love songs. 

 

"What's happening to me?!" he thought. He shook his head, and looked at Pets. He saw her smiling at him as the wind blew in her hair. "Sammy, here you go..." he heard her say in her sweetest voice. 

 

"Sam, here you go." Pets actually said in  a cold tone. She looked at him, and saw him smiling at her like an idiot. "Sam?" she called again. But Sam just made a cute smile at her. "This idiot looks weird and stupid." she thought. "Sam Lin!" she shouted angrily at him, making him jump in surprise. "What?!" he shouted back at her. 

 

An angry tick formed in her head as she looked at him. "Stupid idiot ert! I've been telling you that your order is ready!" she shouted angrily at him. Sam just let out an awkward laugh. "I'm sorry. Thank you, Pei Ci!" he said in his cutest voice, making Pets confused. "What's wrong with that idiot?" she thought. 

 

--

 

Evening. 

 

Aaron knocked on Wayne's door. "Come in!" he heard Wayne said. He opened the door, and saw him busy doing work on his computer.

 

"Wayne, can I borrow your DVD of One Punch Man?" he asked. Without looking at him, Wayne nodded his head. "It's on the top shelf. You can't miss it." Wayne said, his eyes still glued on his computer. Aaron walked to the shelf, and saw the DVD. 

 

As he took it, he looked at Wayne. He let out a smile as he watched him work. He knew he's working hard on his thesis for that semester. "Thanks, Wayne. Good luck on your thesis." he said. Wayne just nodded his head, and gave him a thumbs up. 

 

Aaron went to the living room, and was getting ready to watch the DVD. Then, Grace came out  of her room. "Aaron, my sister said she and Sam will be out late because it's their boss' birthday." Grace said. Aaron looked up at her. "Did she say what time they will be back?" Aaron asked. Grace shrugged her shoulder. 

 

She then sat on the couch, while Aaron sat beside her. "I know you won't be able to sleep again because your sister will be coming home late. Let's just watch an anime, OK?" Aaron suggested. Grace looked at him, and smiled. "OK!" she said. 

 

Aaron took the remote control, and began to play the DVD. Much to their surprise, it wasn't an anime on the DVD. It was a compilation of Romantic Comedy movies. A vein popped out of Aaron's forehead upon realizing that. "Wayne... I'll kill you!" he thought. 

 

"I thought we're going to watch anime? Rom-Com movie is nice too! I need an inspiration for my stories." Grace said, smiling sweetly at him. As Aaron saw her smile, he felt his cheeks became warm. "Oh... OK..." Aaron said. "Aaron, you're turning red again. Are you OK?" Grace asked worriedly. Aaron slowly nodded his head as he looked away from her. 

 

"Stop, Aaron. Stop!" he scolded himself. "So... should we start?" he asked Grace. Grace nodded his head. Aaron then pressed the play button on the remote control, and they watched the movies. 

 

The were already on their second movie, when suddenly there was another blackout. "Uh Oh! Black out!" Aaron said. Then, he felt Grace hug him. "I'm scared..." she said as she hugged him tighter. Aaron looked at her, and let out a smile, even if he knows she can't see him. "Don't worry. I'm here, all right? Let me just get some candles." he said. 

 

Before he could stand up, Grace stopped him by holding tighter to him. "Don't leave me!" she said. Aaron decided not to get any candles and just stay with her. "All right, I'll stay with you. Don't be scared anymore." he said. Grace just held on to him tightly as she buried her head on his chest. 

 

Aaron could see how scared Grace is with the dark. He also know she can't see anything if its black out and everything's pitch black. He had to find a way to calm her down. Then, he decided to sing for her. 

 

"Love warms the frozen ferry boat

A scarf connects two people

I only just understood the wandering path

It's in order to meet you

Let us share each other's body temperature

 

White snowflakes fall

Eternally on the verge of making a promise

Your tomorrow is my dear love for you

The place where I belong

 

White snowflakes fall

It's like the the sky to the ground is endless

Finally you have arrived at my side

I just want to embrace you and never let go"

 

After he ended the song, the lights went back. He found himself staring at Grace. He found himself gazing in her eyes. He got lost in it, but he found her. 

 

His face inched to hers as his thumb traced her lips. Grace couldn't help but gaze at him as well. Holding him close to her just felt right. She's scared of the dark, but knowing Aaron's with her, all her fears disappeared. 

 

Without any warning, Aaron leaned on Grace, and captured her lips with his. 

 

--

 

Sylvia sat in her dark room as she clutched on her teddy bear. Tears fell from her cheeks as she closed her eyes. 

 

"Zheng..." she whispered as she cried.