Episode 20 - Coffee Heartthrob

Me And The Twins Next Door

First day of school. 

 

"Grace! You're going to be late!" Pets shouted as she prepared her sister's breakfast. "Good morning, Pets." Aaron said as he walked inside the kitchen. "Good morning, Aaron. Hey, I made you some sandwich to go. Sorry for troubling you with Grace." Pets told him as he handed her the brown paper bag. Aaron took it, and smiled at Pets. "Thank you." he said.

 

Deep inside, he was so happy that Pets gave him a sandwich. "She's so thoughtful! I feel like I'm loving her more each day..." he thought as he stared at her. "Xiao Xing! Don't keep Aaron waiting!" Pets shouted again. "Good morning." Wayne said as he went inside the kitchen. He opened the refrigerator to take his lunch. "Is Grace walking with us to school, Aaron?" Wayne asked. "She is. Let's wait for her for a little bit, all right?" Aaron said. 

 

Annoyed, Pets shouted at her sister again. "Grace Ming Xiao Xi-"

 

"Good morning!"

 

Grace came inside the kitchen. The three were surprised to see how she looked like. She was wearing big eye glasses, her bangs were tied, and she was wearing a simple shirt and jeans (her usual disguise when she go out on the street market). 

 

"Wow, Grace, you look like a nerd. Like me." Wayne said. "Why aren't you wearing a dress? Why do you have glasses on?" Pets asked. "It's a new school. I don't want people to think I'm still rich, or that I'm Gregory Ming's daughter. From today, I'm going by my name, Grace Ming Xiao Xing." Grace said. 

 

Aaron smiled at her. "You look so cute!" he said, pinching her cheek. This made Pets glare at him. "Hey, Aaron... you're growing fond of my sister, huh?" she told him. "Why? She looks so cute in her attire!" Aaron told her. Then, Pets held out a knife in front of him, making him and Wayne scared and back off a little. "Aaron, you are my brother, but if you start liking my sister..." she threatened him. 

 

"Xiao Yue! Aaron is like a brother to me. Don't threaten him. And I don't think he likes me that way." Grace told her. Pets looked at her sister, and smiled. "Just making sure." she said. She put away the knife, and that was the only time the two guys were able to breath properly. "Pets, you're a scary big sister. Good thing you're not Diana's sister, or I would have been dead a long time ago." Wayne said. 

 

Pets whipped out the knife again, and Wayne backed off. "Do you want me to kill you now so I can have Diana by myself?" she said with an evil smile. "Xiao Yue! Stop it!" Grace reprimanded her. Pets put away the knife, and Wayne mouthed a thanks to Grace. 

 

"I think we should go to school before my sister gets one of your murdered." Grace told Wayne and Aaron. "We all know who Pets wants to murder, anyway." Wayne said. Grace gave Wayne a confused look. "Who?" she asked. Wayne just smiled at her. 

 

"All right, we're going." Aaron said as he put on his back pack. "We'll be back after school!" Grace said. "I'll visit you later at your work, all right?" Aaron said to her. "Why don't you bring her flowers on top of that?" Wayne said. Wayne and Grace looked at each other, and gave each other a high five. A vein popped on Aaron's forehead, and glared at Wayne. "You..."

 

"You're all going to be late. And yes, you can visit me later, as long as you buy something. Also, no flowers." Pets told her. Aaron smiled at her, and nodded his head. "Wayne, let's go!" Grace said, pulling Wayne out of the kitchen, and leaving Aaron and Pets alone. 

 

"You should go with them." Pets told Aaron. Aaron nodded his head. "I'll see you later." he said. "All right." Pets said. "I can't wait to see you later..." Aaron said as he turned to leave the kitchen. 

 

--

 

Pets went to work as soon as Aaron and Grace left. "Good morning!" Pets greeted everyone as she entered the cafe. "Good morning, Pets. You're early today." Xiu greeted him. Pets nodded her head. She went to the counter, and put on her apron. Then, she helped Xiu prepare for the day. A few minutes later, Xiao Hou and Riley came in.

 

"Good morning!" The two of them greeted. "Eh, Pets... you're early too?" Riley asked. Pets nodded her head. "Then, do you have classes today?" he asked again. Pets shook her head. "I'm not enrolled this semester, so I'm most likely to work here the whole day." she explained. Riley just nodded his head. 

 

"Later today, I will have to leave early because I need to work on my dissertation. Sorry to trouble you, Pets and Xiu." Xiao Hou said. "No worries. Xiao Hou. I hope you can finish it on time." Xiu said. Then, they heard a loud knock on the door. "Weird, the delivery is still this afternoon, right?" Xiu asked. Then, they all looked by the door, and saw all the girls wanting to get inside the cafe. 

 

"Uh-oh!" Riley said worriedly. "We've been having a lot of lady customers again since..." Xiao Hou stopped his sentence midway, and he, Xiu and Riley looked at Pets. "Since someone new joined us." Xiu ended his sentence. Pets gave all of them a confused look. "Me?" she asked. The three nodded their heads. 

 

"Well, it's no use. Xiao Hou, Riley, open the door and let the customers in." Xiu told them. Xiao Hou and Riley nodded their heads, and then proceeded to open the door. As soon as they opened the shop, all the girls came inside in a flash. As soon as the girls seated, both of them looked dissheveled. 

 

"Uggghhh... this happened agan?!" Riley said as he looked at his uniform. "We can't help it. Let's just fix ourselves, and take their orders, all right?" Xiao Hou said. Riley nodded his head. 

 

--

 

Sam was was walking around the school, and noticed that all the girls have a drink on their hand. "Weird, is there a latest trend here at school that I didn't know?" he asked himself. As one of the girls passed by him, he noticed that the cup is from Ikemen Coffee House.

 

"Ah! He's so cute! I wanted to ask for his number but I'm too shy!"

"He looks so cool, though!

"Have you seen the new barista at Ikemen Coffee House? He's so handsome and cool!"

 

Sam just shook his head as he listened to the girls talk about this new barista. He just shook his head as he walked around. "What's so good about that new barista? I'm way more handsome." he thought. Just then, he saw Fifi passing by, with a coffee in his hand. "Fifi!" he called as he greeted her. Fifi just ignored him, and continued to walk.

 

"She actually ignored me?" Sam said in disbelief. He decided to follow her. "Hey, Fifi. Are you still mad at me? I thought we're OK now?" he asked. Fifi stopped walking, and turned to face him. "So?" she asked. Sam could not believe how Fifi turned cold to him. "What do you mean 'so'? Why are you ignoring me?" he asked. 

 

Fifi rolled her eyes at him. "Sam Lin. Don't ever think you're the only handsome guy around. For your information, there is someone more handsome than you." Fifi told him. A vein popped in his forehead upon hearing what she said. "What do you mean?" he asked. "I've already set my eyes on the new barista of Ikemen Coffee House. So, I'm dumping you." Fifi told him. 

 

Sam's eyes widened upon hearing that. "Me? Dumped by you?" he asked. Fifi nodded her head. "Then, he let out a laugh. "Are you kidding me? You'll come back begging for me." he said. "Not this time, Sam. Not this time." Fifi told him before walking away. 

 

"I'm being dumped?" he said to himself as soon as he was alone. "I don't get dumped! I get even! Aaaahhh! I need to get to the bottom of this!" he thought. 

 

--

 

"Wow, everyone seems to be buying from Ikemen Coffee House, huh?" Ben commented as he and Aaron were walking around the school. Aaron just let out a smile. "Ah! I remember, Pets is already working there right? You must be happy for her." Ben said. Aaron nodded his head. "I am. Hey, let's go there, and get a cup of coffee to support her, all right?" he said. Ben nodded his head. 

 

Then, they passed by the Foreign Studies building, where Grace is. "I wonder how is Grace doing in her class..." Aaron wondered aloud.  Just then, he saw Grace walking out of the building. "Grace!" he called. He waved at her. The moment Grace saw him, she waved back and ran towards him. "Hello! Is it your break?" she asked. Aaron nodded his head. "Hey, Aaron wanted to go to the Ikemen Coffee House after classes to check on your sister." Ben told her. "Then, can I go with you?" she said. "Well, the more, the merrier. At least if we are all there, we can show Pets our support, right?" Aaron said. 

 

"Ha! If I know, you only miss Pets that's why you want to go to her work." Ben told him. Aaron sweat dropped at him. "You're saying nonsense, Ben." he said. "I miss my sister too, that makes me and Aaron." Grace told him. Ben let out a sigh. He walked towards Grace, and put her arm over her neck. "Young miss, you don't know the kind of miss Aaron has for your sister." Ben said. Grace gave him a confused look. "What do you mean?" she asked. 

 

Ben smiled at her. "The kind of miss Aaron has for your sister, the kind of longing that he has is 'one day, three autumns'." Ben said. Grace scratched her head in confusion. "One day, three autumns?" she asked. Ben nodded his head. Then, he looked at Aaron. "You miss my sister that much?" she asked. 

 

Aaron knew he was already found out. All he can do is let out an awkward laugh, making Grace even more confused. He pulled Ben away from him, and held him by his neck. "What nonsense are you sprouting again, Ben? You're so talkative, you know that?" he told him. Ben let out a cough. "Let... go... can't... breathe..." Ben said. Only then, Aaron let him go. 

 

"Hey, do you guys want to have lunch? I'm a little hungry now." Grace said. Aaron nodded his head. "Then, are you going to treat us for lunch?" Ben asked. This time, Aaron glared at him. "Xiao Le..." he hissed at him.

 

--

 

Sam stood outside the Ikemen Coffee House, and looked at the sign. "What's so special about this place? They only have cute guys who serves coffee here." he thought. He let out a sigh, and decided to enter the cafe. He looked around, and all the customers they had are girls. 

 

"This cafe really is weird..." he thought. "Welcome to Ikemen Coffee House!" the waiter greeted him. He looked at his name tag, and read his name. "Riley..." he said. Riley smiled at him. "Table for how many?" Riley asked. "One, please." Sam said. "Right this way, sir." Riley said as he directed him to his table. 

 

As soon as Sam is seated, Riley gave him the menu. He flipped through the menu and read it. "Please call me if you're ready to order." Riley said. Sam nodded his head. As he was reading the menu, he heard a familiar voice. 

 

"Riley, order for table 18." he heard the voice said. He furrowed his brows as he listened to it. "Weird... I've heard that voice somewhere..." he thought. "Ian, order for table 5." the voice said again. He chose to ignore it, until he heard the two girls chatting behind him. 

 

"The barista is so cute!" one of the girls said. "I wonder if he already have a girlfriend..." her friend said. "I want to be his girlfriend!" the girl said. Sam lifted his head, and looked at the counter. Just then, Pets turned around from the counter, and this time, Sam was able to see him. "Creature?!" he thought. 

 

"Awww... he's such a cutie!" he heard the girl said. "He looks so cool!" another cooed. "Don't tell me, they're talking about this creature?" he asked in his thoughts. "Coffee for table 10!" Pets called. "He is so cute and cool!" the girls behind him cheered. Sam sweat dropped as he looked at Pets with disbelief. "No way this creature is my love rival!?" he thought.

 

He slammed his hand on the table as he stood up. Then, he walked towards the counter to confront Pets. "Creature..." Sam called her. Pets looked at him. "What the hell are you doing here?" she asked. Sam took a deep breath as he pointed at her. "You..."

 

Pets and Xiu looked at each other. "Did you do anything wrong, Pets?" Xiu asked her. "Or maybe Pets stole his girlfriend." Xiao Hou said, as he popped out of nowhere. Xiu was startled upon hearing him. "Xiao Hou! Who do you think you are, Na Ge Shei?!" Xiu told him. Xiao Hou let out a laugh. "Yes! She stole my girlfriend!" Sam accused Pets. 

 

Pets let out a sigh as she brushed her bangs. Her action made all fer fan girls swoon. The four guys sweat dropped as they looked at the girls. "Look, ert. I did not steal anyone's girlfriend. Why would I do that?" she said. "She broke up with me because of you!" Sam said. 

 

Pets let out a sigh. "If she broke up with you, the problem is with you, not me. Understood?" she said. Sam glared angrily at him. "I'll get back at you, I swear." Sam said. Then, he stormed out of the coffee shop. As he got out, he took a deep breath to calm himself down. "I swear, that creature..." he said to himself. As he turned around to face the coffee's door, he noticed the sign hanging on it. "Help. Wanted." he read it. 

 

Then, an idea struck his mind. He took the sign, and went back inside the coffee. "Oh, the broken hearted guy is back!" Xiu said as he watched Sam walked towards the counter. Sam slammed the sign on the counter, and looked at Xiu and Pets. "I want to work here." he said, as he glared at Pets. Xiu let out a smile. "You're hired!" Xiu said. Pets could only sigh as she shook her head. Meanwhile, Sam smirked at her.