Episode 25 - Black Framed Glasses

Me And The Twins Next Door

Her eyes were on the screen. She let out a smile as her fingers typed on the keyboard. She read what she have written, editing the phrases as she went on. A few hours later, she pressed on the final key. She let out a smile. 

 

"Finished." she said. She opened the web browser, and then entered the site. A few minutes later, her work as been uploaded. Then, she heard everyone's phone beeping in notification. "My work here is done." she said as she turned off her laptop. 

 

--

 

"Morning!"

 

Grace said as she got inside the kitchen. She saw Wayne is glued on his phone. "Aiya, that's a cliff hanger!" she heard him say. "What was that?" Grace asked as she joined him on the table. "This Ultimate Hunters is a cliffhanger. I wanted to know of Meng Zhu will kill his loyal imperial guard that got demon possessed. Also, how will Meng Zhu cure her right hand, Henry." Wayne explained.

 

"Ah, the update last night!" Aaron said as he joined them. "Yes. Now I have to wait for her next update. I wonder what will happen next." Wayne said. Grace just smiled as she listened to Wayne. "I think at this rate, Meng Zhu will have to let go of Lance. Also, I think Olga, one of the hunters know of a way to cure Henry. If not, then they will probably ask The Teacher." Aaron told Wayne. Wayne simply nodded his head. 

 

"Grace, don't you also like Autumn Amaranthine's story? Did she update your favorite story?" Aaron asked her. Grace nodded her head. "Yeah, I'm also reading 'Ultimate Hunters' like Wayne. It is a cliff hanger." Grace said. Aaron nodded his head. 

 

Then, they heard a knock on the door. "Let me get it." Grace volunteered. She rushed to the door, and opened it. She saw Butler Jin standing in front of her. "Young miss!" Butler Jin exclaimed upon seeing her. "Butler Jin!" Grace said with a smile. She hugged the older man for a long time. "I missed you, Butler Jin!" she said. The elder man patted her back. "I missed you too, young miss." he said. 

 

She let the butler inside the house, and both Aaron and Wayne saw him. Wayne immediately recognized him. "Mr. Jin!" Wayne called him. Butler Jin smiled at him, and nodded his head. "Hello, Young Master Wayne. It's been a long time." he said. Wayne smiled at him. Grace gave the butler a confused look. "You know Wayne?" she asked. Butler Jin nodded his head. "We were involved in an accident before. He was the one I hit with the car when I was about to pick you up from the airport." Butler Jin explained. Grace just nodded her head in understanding. 

 

The two of them sat on the couch. "I'm glad you visited me today." Grace told him. "Actually, I can't stay long. I'm here because I need to give you something." he said. Then, he handed Grace an envelope. "What is this?" she asked as she opened it. She saw some documents inside. "This is some information regarding yours and Miss Xiao Yue's mother. Your father gave it to me before... before..."

 

Then, Butler Jin began to cry. Grace rubbed his back to console her. "I understand, Butler Jin. Don't cry. I also miss daddy..." she said. Before she knew, the two of them are both crying. Aaron and Wayne, who are still at the kitchen, can hear everything. They could only sweat drop as they peeked at them. 

 

"Anyway..." Butler Jin said as he stopped crying. "You need to let Miss Xiao Yue see that, all right?" he told her. Grace nodded her head. "I will." she said. "Then, I have to go. Miss Xiao Xi, always remember to take care of yourself, OK?" Butler Jin said as both of them stood up. "I will, Butler Jin. Please send my regard to Claire and Rachel." she told him. They gave each other a hug before the old butler left the house. 

 

--

 

"Xiao Xing, don't wait up for me tonight, all right?" Pets told her twin as Grace got inside the room. "Wait, Pets. I want to show you something." Grace told her. Then, Grace handed her the envelope that Butler Jin gave her this morning.

 

"What is this? The real last will and testament of your dad?" Pets asked. Grace shook her head. "It contains all the information about our past. Especially our biological mother..." Grace said. Pets paused, and looked at her. "You dad had our real mom investigated?" she asked. Grace nodded her head. Then, she sat at the edge of their bed. 

 

"Daddy dearest probably think since we already know the truth about us, we might want to find where our real mother is, right? The orphanage doesn't have much information about her since she left shortly after giving birth to us." Grace explained. Pets let out a sigh, and sat next to her. 

 

"What are we going to do with this information?" she asked her. Grace shrugged her shoulder. "I don't know. Maybe we could go and find her? Maybe she also wants to see us."

"She didn't want us when she gave birth to us. What made you think she'll want to see us now?"

"But... didn't you also wanted to look for her before when you were looking for me?"

"I did. But when I found out why she left us, I just decided to look only for you."

 

Grace let out a sigh. "It would be nice to meet our real mom, just once..." she said sadly. Pets looked at her sister, and saw the sadness in her face. She put his arm around her shoulder. As Grace looked at her, she let out a smile. "Do you really want to see our mom?" she asked. Grace nodded her head. "All right. When I come home tonight, let's look at these documents, and then let's see when we can go and see our mom." Pets told her. 

 

With that, Grace let out a smile. "Really, Xiao Yue?" she asked. Pets nodded her head. With that, Grace smiled, and hugged her sister, "Thank you, Xiao Yue! I can't wait to meet our mom!" she told her. "As long as it makes you happy..." she told her. 

 

--

 

She put on her black framed glasses. She pulled up the lid of her laptop, and turned it on. As soon as she saw her wallpaper, she opened her favorite writing software, and began to type away. She typed for hours, and once she's done, she re-read her work. 

 

A smile formed on her lips, satisfied with her work. Then, she uploaded her masterpiece. "Done." she said to herself. "Aiyo! Autumn Amaranthine updated again!" she heard someone say outside. "No way! She's fast today!" another said. "Be quiet! I'm reading her update."

 

She rubbed her hands as she smiled to herself. 

 

--

 

Aaron was busy reading his favorite web novel on his phone. His eyes were glued at his phone, as each scene he is reading excites him. "Hey, Aaron!" he heard Grace greet her. He looked up at her, and saw her sat beside her. 

 

"Don't tell me, you're also reading Autumn Amaranthine's latest update?" she asked. Aaron smiled at her. "Actually, I'm reading her new story." Aaron said. "Which one?" Grace asked again. "'Spring After Winter'. It's a really nice love story actually." Aaron told her. 

 

Grace smiled as she peeked at his phone. "Really? What's the story all about?" she asked. "Well, it's about an heiress who lost everything. She had no choice but to marry this cold, rich guy who wants to get his revenge at her, despite the fact that she's in love with her childhood sweetheart." Aaron explained. "Sounds like a good story!" Grace said. Aaron nodded his head. "The moment I read the first chapter, I'm hooked! Autumn Amaranthine really had ways with words, I can't wait for the next chapter." he told her. 

 

"Then, you finished everything?" she asked. Aaron nodded his head. "Yes. It ended at the part Xiao Lan made a deal with Xue Hua. That if she marries him, he'll do everything he can to return the wealth that was stolen from her. I can actually imagine the next chapter..." Aaron told her as he smiled dreamily. 

 

[Aaron's imagination]

Xue Hua = Pets

Ah Zhe = Sam

Xiao Lan = Aaron

 

Xue Hua sat in front of the mirror, and stared at her reflection. Today is her wedding day, but she could not bring herself to smile. Although she's wearing the most expensive wedding gown, it wasn't enough to make her happy. It's because the man she is about to marry is not the man she loves. 

 

"Xue Hua..." she heard a familiar voice call her. She looked through her mirror, and saw Xiao Lan walking up to him. He looked at her with his icy stare, and let out a cold smile. "Good. You look lovely today." he commented.

 

Xue Hua looked away from him. "I have a gift for my lovely bride." he said as he put a long, velvety box on her table. She looked at the box, and then she looked up at him. "What is this?" she asked. "Why don't you open it to find out?" Xiao Lan said. 

 

She took the box, and opened it. Inside was a necklace with a snowflake pendant. At the center of the pendant was a bright pink diamond. Xiao Lan took the necklace from the box, and then put it on her neck. "This necklace is as beautiful as you are, Xue Hua..." he whispered to her ear. She closed her eyes, and tried to be away from her. 

 

Then, Xiao Lan held her chin, and made her face him. "Remember, we had a deal." he told her. "You may have my body, Xiao Lan. But never my heart. My heart belongs to Ah Zhe." she said tearfully at him. Xiao Lan could feel his heart wrenching at those words. He gritted his teeth as he stared at her. "As long as I'm alive, I won't let anyone have you. You're mine, Xue Hua. Remember that." he told her. 

 

He let her go, and then left her room. When she's finally alone, she buried her head on hands, and cried. "Xue Hua?" someone called her. She looked around, and by the window, she saw Ah Zhe climbing to her room. This time, her face lightened up. She stood up from his seat, and went to the window to help Ah Zhe. As soon as he got into her room, the two of them hugged.

 

"I missed you, Xue Hua..." Ah Zhe told her. "I missed you too, Ah Zhe." she replied. Ah Zhe broke their hug, and stared at her. "Xue Hua, you don't have to do this. Run away with me. You don't have to marry Xiao Lan." he told her. Xue Hua looked at him with hesitation. "But... but... Xiao Lan... I'm scared what he will do to you, to us, if I don't marry him." Xue Hua told him. Ah Zhe shook his head. "I don't care. All I want is to be with you forever." Ah  Zhe told her. Then, Xue Hua hugged him again. "Then, I'll go with you. I'll go wherever you want take me..." she told him.

 

[End Of Aaron's imagination]

 

"Wait, wait, wait.... you really think Xue Hua will just go with Ah Zhe like that?!" Grace told him. Aaron nodded his head. "Why not? Xue Hua loves Ah Zhe. And Xiao Lan doesn't seem to care about Xue Hua. He's just marrying her for the sake of marrying her." Aaron told him. "But didn't occur to you that maybe Xiao Lan love Xue Hua too, that's why he's doing that? That's why he asked her to marry him? Could it be possible that Xiao Lan had been in love with Xue Hua all this time?! If Xue Hua will elope with Ah Zhe, then that would be the end of the story!" Grace explained. 

 

"But what if, Xiao Lan caught them trying to run away, and he separate the two?" Aaron said. Grace thought for a while as she scratched her chin. 

 

[Grace And Aaron's imagination]

 

Ah Zhe held on tight to Xue Hua's hand as they tried their best to run as fast as they could. But as they made their turn at a corner, they saw Xiao Lan's men in front of them. "Oh no!" Xue Hua exclaimed. They decided to turn back, but they are surrounded. 

 

"Xue Hua!" 

 

Xue Hua turned around and saw Xiao Lan walking after him. Ah Zhe hid her behind his back, and faced him. "I knew this would happen. Do you think I did not come prepared for this?" Xiao Lan told them. "I'm not going to let you have Xue Hue. She loves me, not you!" Ah Zhe told him. Xiao Lan let out a smirk. "We had a deal. And she should honor her words when she agreed to marry me." Xiao Lan told him. 

 

Ah Zhe looked back at Xue Hua. He saw her looked at Xiao Lan with anger in his eyes. "Just let me go!" she cried to him. Xiao Lan let out an evil laugh as he walked towards her. He gripped her arms, and lifted her chin. "I'm not going to let you go that easily, my little snowflake." he whispered to her. Ah Zhe could see how scared Xue Hua is, so he pushed Xiao Lan away. "Stay away from her!" Ah Zhe shouted at him. 

 

Xiao Lan looked at Ah Zhe with anger. "Take this man away from here." he ordered his guards. The guards pulled Ah Zhe away from her, but Xue Hua tried her best to hold him tight. "No! Ah Zhe!"

"Xue Hua!"

"Ah Zhe!"

"Xue Hua!"

 

Xiao Lan let out an evil laugh the moment he successfully separated the two.

 

 

[End Of Their imagination]

 

"Oh, that would be a good scene!" Aaron told her . "Then, Xue Hua have no choice but to marry Xiao Lan, right?" Grace asked. Aaron nodded her head. "But... will Xiao Lan fall in love with her? He's just using her for revenge." Aaron asked."I think he will. After all, they are going to be married. Maybe Xue Hua will make him soften his heart."

"But, will Xue Hua fall for Xiao Lan?"

"Maybe."

"What about Ah Zhe?"

 

Grace let out a sigh. "Aiyo, you're thinking too much. Let's just wait for Autumn Amaranthine's update on this story, all right?" she said. "Then, who will she chose in the end? How about you, Grace. If you're in Xue Hua's situation, will you choose Xiao Lan, or Ah Zhe?" Aaron asked. 

 

Grace thought for a while. "I think I'll choose Xiao Lan." she answered. Aaron gave her a confused look. "Why would you choose Xiao Lan?" Aaron asked. "Because I think he really loves Xue Hua. Despite being too cold and being the bad guy, deep inside I think he is in love with her. He just doesn't know how to express it because his heart is filled with anger." Grace said. Aaron let out a sigh, "Why do girls end up loving bad boys?" Aaron asked with a pout. 

 

"Well, not all girls like bad boys." she told him. She looked away from him, and sighed dreamily. "I hope I could find me a nice guy that's as hopeless romantic as me." she said. Aaron let out a smile. "If you found that guy, you won't give him a good guy card?" he asked. Grace shook her head. "Nice guys are endangered species. Why would I reject a nice guy?" she said. 

 

Then, she looked at Aaron and smiled. "Hey, you know it's rare for a guy to like love stories, huh? You must be a very romantic and loving boyfriend." she told him. Aaron let out a sad smile. "I am. It's too bad, i don't know why my ex-girlfriends just dumped me." he said sadly. Grace felt sorry for him. "Awww, Aaron. Don't worry, I know you'll find someone who will love you just the same." she said. Aaron smiled at her. "Well, I really hope so." he told her. 

 

--

 

Aaron's phone beeped again. He looked at it, and he saw another update from the story he's reading. "Wow, too many updates in a day. Autumn Amaranthine sure is on fire today." he said to himself. As he read the update, he noticed something. It's similar to the scene he imagined, the one he discussed with Grace a while ago. 

 

"Hi Aaron!" Grace said as she got out of her room. She headed to the kitchen to get something to drink. Aaron stared at her for a long time. Then he looked at his phone. "Is it a coincidence that Autumn Amaranthine wrote what I was imagining for the next chapter?" he thought. Then, he sighed. "Or, could it be... Grace is Autumn Amaranthine?!" 

 

As Grace drank from her glass, she secretly looked at Aaron, and smiled to herself.