Episode 24 - Dizzy Part Two

Me And The Twins Next Door

She paused for a while as she stared at his figure. He is sitting on the bench together with that new student from Foreign Studies. She had been hearing how close the two of them together, and lately, she had seen them have lunch together. 

 

She watched as she laughed with him. She watched as he pinched her nose. She watched the way he looked at her. She could feel her own heart breaking, seeing him happy with another girl. 

 

"Aaron..." she called in a soft voice. She wanted to get close to him, but she couldn't. What she did before to him was unforgivable. She let out a sigh as she turned her back on him. Maybe, on another day, she will have her chance to approach him. 

 

--

 

"What do you want for dinner?"

 

Aaron asked Grace as they were walking home. "Xiao Yue and I like the spicy beef you cooked last week." she said. "Then, spicy beef it is! Hey, let's do some grocery shopping first all right? Then, maybe you can help me cook?" Aaron told her. Grace nodded her head. 

 

"Ah, Aaron, can you teach me how to cook?" Grace asked as they were walking. "Why?" he asked. "Well, I know we all have to divide the chores at home, and my sister won't let me do any of her chores. I want to cook for Xiao Yue so that I won't be much of a burden for her." she explained. Aaron looked at her, and smiled. "Then, I'll teach you how to cook, all right? I'll teach you how to make that spicy beef, so next time, you can cook it for Pets." Aaron said. 

 

He saw her eyes light up, and her smile widen. "Really? Oh my God. Thank you, Aaron! You're the best!" she said. Then, she hugged him. Aaron froze in his place when Grace hugged him. Then, he felt his heart beat fast. "Weird... why am I feeling this way?" he thought. He let out an awkward smile. "Hey, I'm just teaching you how to cook, I'm not saving the world." he told her. Grace looked up at him, and smile. "Still the same thing." she said as she smiled. 

 

Aaron stared at her as she smiled. "I didn't notice she looked prettier when she smiles this way... wait, what am I thinking?" he thought. He felt Grace let him go and held his hand instead. "Let's go, Aaron!" she said as she pulled him. As she pulled him, Aaron stared at her back. He found himself smiling at her. 

 

He's amused at how childish Grace could be sometimes. "Silly girl..." he thought as he let her pull him away. 

 

--

 

"Iced brew for table 2."

 

Sam said as he reached the counter. He placed the order notes on it, hoping Xiu would pick it up instead of Pets. "Pets, can you do Sam's order?" Xiu said. Pets looked at Xiu. "Why me?" she asked. "I'm doing Ian and Marcus' order." Xiu said. Pets let out a sigh, and took Sam's order notes. "Ugh, why does it have to be her?" Sam thought as he watched her make his order. A few minutes later, Pets has finished it, and placed it in front of Sam. 

 

"Here you go." Pets told her. "Thanks." Sam said. Then, he looked at her, and saw her smiling. "Is she smiling at me?" he thought. Then, he smiled at her. "Riley!" Pets said as she waved. Sam sweat dropped at that. "And I thought she's smiling at him. "Pets!" he heard Riley call. 

 

Sam shook his head, and took his customer's order to the table. "Why would I think she would smile at me?" he thought. He placed the coffee on his customer's table, and then left. As he turned to the counter, he saw Pets smiling at Riley. Then, he found himself staring at her, and he could see pink bubbles around her. "Wait, what am I thinking?" he thought as he shook his head. 

 

He looked at her again, then their eyes met. Suddenly, he felt dizzy at that moment. "What is happening to me?!" he thought as he massaged his temple. "Hey, are you all right?" he heard Xiao Hou ask. Sam looked at him, and nodded his head. "I'm OK." he told him. "If you're not feeling well, you can have a break for a while." Xiao Hou said. Sam shook his head. "No, I'm OK. Don't mind me." he said.

 

He let out a sigh, and looked at Pets. "Maybe I'm like this because she looks a lot like Grace. After all, they're twins, right?" he told himself. Then, he smiled to himself. "Yes, that's right. I don't like this creature. I like her twin more. I'm like this because I miss Grace. I can't wait to go home today to see her." he thought. 

 

"Sam?" 

 

He heard someone call him. He looked beside him, and saw Pets. Sam jumped in surprised upon seeing her. "I thought you're at the counter?!" he asked her. She then hit his head. "Idiot! I've been calling you, but you're in a daze." Pets told him. 

 

"What do you want from me, creature?" Sam asked her. "Jenni was asking if you're free on Saturday after our shift. She wants to go to a karaoke bar for a little celebration with the staff." she asked. "Are you coming too?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I?"

 

Sam let out a sigh. "I'll see first if I have a date on Saturday. And besides, I don't want to get deaf hearing you sing." he told her. Pets got annoyed at him. "You..." she said pointing at him. Sam smirked as he put down her hand. "As long as you're not going to sing, I'll go." he told her before leaving her. Pets just watched angrily as Sam walked away from him. "Stupid idiot ert!" she mumbled under her breath. 

 

--

 

"Aaaaaaahhhhhh!"

 

Aaron could feel his ears hurt as he heard the loud shriek outside. "Grace!" he thought worriedly. He stood up from his seat, and went outside to check on the girl. "What is it? What happened?" Aaron asked her. He saw Grace standing on the couch. "There... there's a cockroach!" Grace told him. Aaron looked up, and saw the flying cockroach heading Grace's way. "Aaaaaahhhhh!" both of them shrieked. Grace jumped from the couch, and hugged Aaron. "Kill it!" Grace told him. "I can't!" Aaron told her in a scared tone. "Why?" Grace asked, trying to duck from the flying critter. "I'm scared of flying cockroach!" Aaron told her. The two hugged tighter as the cockroach circled them.

 

"Can you guys tone it down?" Wayne said as he approached them. Upon seeing the flying cockroach, Wayne shrieked, and jumped to Aaron and Grace, hugging the two. "Someone save us!" Wayne said, almost in tears. Ben got out of his room, and saw the three hugging. "Group hug!" he exclaimed as he ran towards them and hugged the three. "We're not doing a group hug, stupid!" Aaron told him. "Then why are you hugging each other?" he asked. Ben looked up, and saw the cockroach flying towards them. This time, he jumped and hugged them for protection. "Lord, save me!" Ben cried. 

 

The front door opened, and Pets and Sam came inside, coming from their shift and the coffee shop. When Pets saw the three guys hugging her sister, she got angry. "Why are you hugging Xiao Xing?" she asked angrily. The four pointed at the flying cockroach. The moment Sam saw that, he shrieked, and jumped to the four for protection. "Kill it with fire! Set this house on fire!" Sam told them. "Are you serious?" Wayne asked Sam with disbelief. "Let's get a torch and set that creature on fire!" Ben suggested. 

 

Pets sweat dropped at them. "Sissies..." she muttered under her breath. The cockroach landed in front of her foot. "Kill it, Xiao Yue!" Grace pleaded. "Kill it before it flies again!" Wayne told her. Pets let out a sigh, and then stepped on the cockroach, and all they can here is the crunching of it's helpless body underneath her slippers. The five looked at Pets with awe, as if she just saved them from the end of the world. "It's dead now." she told all of them. Then, she bent to take the cockroach by it's antenna and showed it to them. "Throw it away!" Sam told her. 

 

Pets looked at the lifeless body of the insect, and smile. She let out a smirk at him. "All right, I'll throw it." Pets told Sam. Then, she threw it at Sam. Unfortunately he caught it in his hand. "Aaahhhhh! Gross!" Sam said, throwing it at Wayne. Wayne shrieked like a girl when he caught it. He passed it to Aaron, who also shrieked, and the passed it to Ben, who this time was able to throw the dead cockroach outside the window. 

 

"That was close...." Ben said in relief. Pets looked at Sam, and laughed. "Sissy." told him. Sam could feel a vein popping out of his forehead because of what she said. "I'm not a sissy! It just so happen that cockroaches are gross, all right?"

"You're scared of a tiny cockroach. How embarrassing."

 

Sam's face became red with embarrassment. "There goes my reputation..." he thought. "Can you guys stop fighting. Eh, Aaron, have you cooked our dinner?" Wayne asked Aaron, who is still hugging Grace. "Well, not yet. But don't worry, it's a quick one." Aaron said. "Then, I'll help you cook, all right? You promised me you'll teach me how to cook today." Grace said, smiling at him. Aaron nodded his head. 

 

"Aaron, before you start preparing our dinner, can you stop hugging my sister, or I will cut your arms." Pets told him. Both Aaron and Grace looked at each other, and became conscious when they realized they were still hugging. The two broke their hug. "Call me when dinner's ready." Sam said before going to his room.