Episode 16 - Seeing Double

Me And The Twins Next Door

Pets took Grace home that evening. Grace sat on the couch, as Pets handed her a mug of hot chocolate. "Look at you, you're drenched." Pets said. She took the towel from her Grace's shoulder, and dried her hair. Pets could see her twin sister is still in a daze after all of what happened to her that night. 

 

"I have nowhere to go now..." Grace sadly. "Silly girl! What's the use of us being sisters if I don't take you in. Stay here with me as long as you want." Pets told her. "But you're leaving soon, right?" Grace said. Pets let out a sigh. "I decided not to leave. I'll take care of you for now, all right. After all, I promised your dad." Pets said. 

 

Grace looked at her, and then tears began to fall from her eyes again. Seeing her sister cry again, Pets pull her sister into a hug. "Hey, don't worry. Big sis is here now. Forget your evil stepmom. I will take care of you, and protect you, all right?" she told her as she consoled. "I'm sorry, Xiao Yue... sorry if I'm inconvenience for you..." Grace said. Pets let out a laugh. "You're not an inconvenience, silly girl. You are my sister, after all." Pets said. 

 

"Pets?" Pets heard Aaron call. Both Grace and Pets looked back at him. Aaron was surprised to see her with her twin sister, but he managed to smile at them. "Xiao Xing! You're here!" he said. "I know you! You're with Xiao Yue at the orphanage, right?" Grace said. Aaron nodded her head. "I'm Aaron." he introduced himself. 

 

As Grace smiled at him, he remembered a familiar feeling. "Are you Xiao Yue's boyfriend?" she asked innocently. Pets could only cough, as Aaron laughed. "No, silly. I'm her friend." Aaron told her. "We both like girls. Remember what I told you? I'm your twin brother. And I'm more handsome than Aaron" Pets told her sister. Grace pouted at her sister. "Why do you even like girls, Xiao Yue? Besides, you and Aaron look good together." Grace said. 

 

Aaron's cheek turned red upon hearing what Grace said. "Aaron, do we have guests?" Wayne said as he got out of his room. Upon seeing Pets and Grace together, his jaw dropped. "T-t-t-two Pei Ci's?!" he stammered in shock. The two girls stood from the couch to face Wayne. Aaron sweat dropped at Wayne's reaction. "Wayne, let me explain." Pets tried to say. 

 

Before Pets could speak, Sam and Ben went out of their room, and were both shocked to see the twin sisters. "Am I seeing double?" Ben said upon seeing Grace. "Double creature!" Sam exclaimed. "Can you guys please let Pets explain first before reacting?" Aaron asked in an annoyed tone. Ben gave Aaron a confused look. "You know something?" Ben asked him. Aaron just sighed. 

 

"Guys, this is my twin sister, Grace. Grace, these are my roommates. You met Aaron. That's Wayne. That's Ben. And you should stay away from him." Pets said, pointing to Aaron, Wayne, Ben and Sam. As Grace looked at Sam, she let out a smile. She recognized him. "My knight in shining armor..." she said dreamily at him. The four boys looked at each other with confusion. "But, I didn't know Pets had a twin sister..." Wayne said. 

 

"I just found out recently. We're both adopted. Our biological mom left us at the orphanage, and we got separated when our families adopted us." Pets explained. "I see..." Wayne said as he nodded. Then, Pets turned to Ben. "Ben, is it OK if my sister live with me here? Her father died, and she was chased out of her house by her stepmom." Pets asked him. "Then, I would have to increase your rent and bills." Ben told her. 

 

Upon hearing that, Aaron pinched him. "Are you kidding me?" Aaron hissed at him. "Ouch! I'm running a business here, Ya Lun!" Ben flinched at him. "Fine with me." Pets said to Ben with a smile. "Then, you two can live here as long as you can pay the bills." he told her.

 

Meanwhile, Grace was just staring dreamily at Sam, making him feel awkward. "Why is she looking at me like that?" he thought. "I can't believe my twin sister is friends with my knight in shining armor." she thought as she smiled at Sam. "She's a total opposite of that creature. But hey... she's cute though." Sam said, finally smiling back at Grace. when Grace saw Sam smile her way, her cheeks blushed. She bit her lips to contain her happiness. "He has a cute smile!" she thought. 

 

"Let's just talk about the terms and conditions later." Pets told Ben. Then, she looked at her sister, and saw her smiling giddily. She looked Sam, and saw him smiling flirtatiously at Grace. "This ert..." she thought as a vein popped on her head. She folded her arms, and cleared . "I'm warning you.  No one is allowed to touch my sister, do you understand?" she told the boys.

 

Grace looked at Pets, and pouted. "But, why?!" she protested. Pets glared at Sam. "Because if you touch one of them, you'll probably get pregnant." Pets said. Ben poked Wayne. "I'm pregnant. It's Wayne." he said. Wayne looked at him with disbelief. "It's not me!" he said defensively.

 

Aaron laughed, seeing how protective Pets is with his sister. "Don't worry, I won't let anyone touch your sister." Aaron said. "Including you, Aaron." Pets said. Aaron let out an awkward laugh. "I knew it." Aaron told her. Sam folded his arms, and smirked at Pets. "Well, let's see about that, creature." Sam told her before going back to his room. Aaron just smiled to himself. "Well, this is going to be interesting..." he thought. 

 

--

 

"So, here's my room..."

 

Pets said as she and Grace enter her room. Grace looked around her room. It wasn't as big or as grand as the room she had back in the Ming mansion, or as fancy from the five star hotels she had stayed in, but this is home. "I know it's not something you're used too, but I promise you, once I get a job, we can move in to a bigger house." Pets told her. 

 

Grace looked at her sister, and smiled. "This room is just enough for the two of us." she told him. "We have our own bathroom, so you don't have to use the one the guys are using. I'll cook for the two of us. Also, if you need snacks, I have some here." Pets said, pointing at her drawer. Grace nodded her head. 

 

"My father left me a little, but I guess it's enough for us." Grace said as she sat on the bed. Pets shook her head. "Keep it for yourself. You'll be needing it when you enroll to a new school. Besides, I don't want to depend on you." Pets said. "But I want to help too..." she said as she pouted. Pets folded her arms. "Xiao Xing, I am your big sister. I will work for the two of us, all right? I'll take care of what you need." Pets assured her. "But... but promise me if you need money, you'll tell me, all right?" Grace asked her. Pets nodded her head. 

 

"Take a rest for now. Tomorrow, we'll unpack your bags, all right?" Pets said. Grace nodded her head. She let out a yawn, and crawled onto the bed. As Grace slept, Pets went out of the room and into the living room, then called her father on the phone.

 

"Hello, pops?" she said. "Hello, Pets! How are you doing?" her father asked her. "Grace is with me now...."

"Your twin sister?"

"Yes, dad."

"Why is she with you?"

"Her father died in an accident. Her stepmom asked her to leave their house. Good thing I found her right in time..."

 

Pets heard her father gasp on the other line. "Oh, that's too bad..." her father said. "You can say that again. "Oh, that's too bad..." her father repeated. Pets let out a laugh. "So, does that mean you will stay there for a long time?" Benjamin asked her. Pets let out a sigh. "Most likely, dad. I'm sorry about that..."

"No, no, no. Don't say sorry. Your twin sister needs you right now. Stay as long as you want. If you need any help, just let us know." 

 

Pets let out a smile. "Dad, I'm not sure how long I can stay here. I'm not even sure if I could find a job right away..." 

"Do you need us to send you money?"

"No, dad. I'm still OK. It's just that..."

 

She let out another sigh. "I want to be able to provide a good life to my sister." she said. "I know you would be able to do that, Pets." Benjamin told her. Then, she let out a sad smile. "Dad, can you sell my car for me?" she asked. Benjamin was silent for a while. "I don't know how long I would be here, of if I could find a job right away. And I don't want to depend to you and mom for a long time. I know you're having problems with your business right now. If you're able to sell my car, send me half of the money, and keep the other half to help with your business." Pets told her father. "But... but, Pets, you love that car! You saved up for that, remember? And we helped you buy that for your 19th birthday..." her father protested. 

 

"I know, dad. I love that car. But I love my family more. I love you, and mom... and I love my sister too. If we sold my car, it's going to help me, and it's going to be a big help for you too." Pets told her. She heard her father sigh on the other line. "All right... I'll do what you want. But promise me, if there's any other help that you need, you'll tell me." Benjamin told her. Pets let out a smile. "I will, dad... I will...." she said. 

 

From the kitchen, Aaron heard Pets' conversation with her father. He just smile to himself as he listened to her. "I'm glad she decided to stay here for a long time... I'm pretty sure my chance with her will come..." he thought. 

 

--

 

Grace woke up the next day. As she sat up, she saw her sister is sleeping. "Thirsty..." she thought. She got out of the bed, and out of the room to head to the kitchen. As she was looking inside the refrigerator, Sam came into the kitchen. 

 

"The creature's twin..." he thought as he looked at Grace. He let out a smirk as he decided to flirt with her. He put his hand on the ref, and smiled at her. "Good morning." he greeted her in his suave, baritone voice. Upon hearing his voice, Grace stopped. She slowly looked up, and saw Sam smiling at him. She felt her cheeks become warm as he looked at her. 

 

"G-good morning..." she said shyly. "Having breakfast?" he asked as he he got near her. "J-j-j-just a drink..." Grace stuttered. She looked at Sam dreamily. He took a bottle of water, and drank from it. As Sam drank, he let a few drops of water, drip to his chin, and to his shirt. Grace's jaw gaped as she looked at him.

 

"I think she's falling for my charm..." Sam thought as she looked at him. He could see how she blush at her. "You know, you look cute when you blush like that." Sam told her. Grace looked at him, and smiled. "Really?" she asked shyly. Sam nodded his head. "And, I like cute girls like you..." he said as he lifted her chin. Grace looked at him as he smiled. "Don't tell me he likes me?" she thought happily. 

 

Then, heard someone clear his throat. Sam looked back, and saw Aaron looking at them sternly. "Xiao Xing, go back to your room first." he told Grace. Grace nodded her head. "I'll see you later, cutie."  Sam told Grace. Grace smiled at him, and hurried back inside the room. 

 

"You're such a spoilsport." Sam said to Aaron in an annoyed tone. Aaron folded his arms as he looked at Sam. "Sam, please spare Grace. She's Pets' sister after all." Aaron told her. Sam smirked at him. "Can't I have a little fun once in a while?"

"Do you really want to get in trouble with Pets?"

"I don't care."

 

Aaron let out a sigh. "If you're just going to play with a girl's heart, then stop. I won't let you play with Grace's feelings." he told her seriously. "Do you really think I'm someone who takes a girl seriously?" Sam told him. "I know you can. If you find the right girl to love." Aaron said. 

 

Sam looked away from him. "Don't let one heart break and one mistake stop you from loving again, Sam..." he heard Aaron say. Sam just let out sigh. "Says the guy that always gets dumped!" he said in his defense. Aaron let out a smile. "I may have had a lot of heartaches, and broke my heart a few times too many, but I still believe that one day, I will find a girl that will love me the way I deserved to be loved..." Aaron said. 

 

Sam looked at Aaron, and saw him smiling at him.