Episode 43 - I Can See Nothing But You

Me And The Twins Next Door

Wayne was busy doing his program, when the power went out. Good thing he was able to save the last lines he was writing. "Ah! Darn blackout!" he shouted. He took out his laptop, and decided to continue his work from there. A few minutes later, the power got on. "Weird power outage..." he thought. 

 

He realized he had been working on his thesis for a long time. He stood up from his seat, and decided to go to the kitchen to find something to eat. He went out of his room, and passed by the living room. From where he is standing, he could clearly see Aaron and Grace on the couch, kissing. 

 

His jaw dropped upon seeing them together. He pointed at them and let out a loud shout, as if he had seen a ghost. "Aaaaaaahhhh!" he shouted. 

 

Aaron and Grace pulled away from each other, and looked behind them. They were both surprised to see Wayne looking at them. "W-w-w-w-w-w-what are you two doing?! Why are you... you...  you... kissing?!" Wayne asked. 

 

Both of them looked away from him. There was a pink tint on Grace's cheeks as she glanced at Aaron. "Whats happening? Can you explain?" Wayne asked. "I'm going back to my room!" Grace shouted in embarrassment. She stood up, and rushed to her room, leaving the two guys alone. 

 

Wayne let out a sigh, and sat beside Aaron. "What just happened?" he queried him. Aaron fell silent as he looked away from him. "Why did you kiss Grace?" Wayne asked again. "I... I don't know!" Aaron said. Wayne could see the confusion on his face as he looked at him. "I don't even know what I'm thinking. All I know is that I was hugging her because she was scared of the blackout, and when the lights came on I just... I just wanted to kiss her." Aaron said. 

 

Wayne stared at Aaron. He moved his face closer to his. "Are you in love with Grace?" he asked. Aaron's cheek became redder at his question. Wayne let out a smile. He didn't have to answer with words because his reaction says it all. "You are in love with Grace! I knew it!" Wayne told him. With that, Aaron just smiled shyly at him. 

 

--

 

Grace leaned on the door as she closed it. She touched her lips as she remembered how the kiss happened. She closed her eyes, and the scene flashed before her. 

 

She shook her head as she walked to the bed. She sat down as she bit her lips. "Why did I kiss him again?" she thought. Then, she let out a sigh. She didn't know what came into her, that she kissed him. All she knows is that she wants to kiss him. 

 

"Am I in love with Aaron?" she pondered to herself. 

 

--

 

"Cheers!"

 

Everyone raised their glasses, and then went on to gulp down their drinks. "Happy birthday, boss Jenni!" They all said. "Thank you everyone!" Jenni told them. Instead of going to the Karaoke bar for her birthday, Jenni decided to treat them at her favorite club. 

 

"Thank you for the treat, boss." Ian said. "Boss, we have a gift for you!" Marcus said as he handed their boss a big gift box. "Wow, you guys prepared for today, huh?" Jennie said. She smiled as she took the box from them. Then, she opened it and saw a bag that she had always wanted to buy. 

 

"Boss, I have a gift for you too!" Riley told her. Jenni rolled her eyes at him. "Riley, if it's an engagement ring, I won't accept it because I won't marry you." she told him. As Riley pouted, everyone laughed at him. "Well, it is an engagement ring. Because I want to marry you!" Riley said. Everyone laughed at him again. 

 

Xiao Hou patted Riley's shoulder, and smiled the moment Riley looked at him. "Don't rush. Enjoy being young, all right?" he said. Riley simply answered with a sigh. 

 

Sam let out a smile as he put down his glass. "Since it's boss' birthday today, I'll buy drinks for everyone." Sam said. Everyone cheered on him. He stood up, and went to the bar to order their drinks. 

 

"Sam?"

 

He heard someone call him. As he looked back, he saw his obsessed ex-girlfriend, Lucia. His eyes widened upon seeing her. "Lucia!" he exclaimed. 

 

Lucia walked to him, and clung to his arms. "I missed you, Sam. Why aren't you calling me anymore? Don't you love me anymore?" she asked in a cutesy voice. Sam rolled his eyes at her. "Didn't you realize that the moment I stopped calling you, it means I'm no longer interested in you." he explained. He heard Lucia whine as she held on to his arms tighter. 

 

"Oh, good Lord, I won't be able to get away from her clutches..." he thought. "That's not true! Didn't you say I'm the only girl you love?" Lucia told him. He can't think of a way to get away from her. That is, until he saw Pets walking up to him. "Sam, do you need help carrying the drinks?" she asked. 

 

A light bulb appeared on top of his head as he thought of an idea. He looked at Lucia, and took her arms off from her. "Lucia, you're right. You're the only girl I love." he said. With that, Lucia smiled at him. Pets, on the other got confused at him. "Here we go again with his playboy ways!" she thought. 

 

Then, Sam walked to Pets, and put his arms around her shoulder. "Because now, I love guys." Sam told Lucia. Pets was surprised at what he did. When she looked at Lucia, she could see her face became pale. Then, she looked at Sam, ready to scold him. Before she could speak, Sam leaned on her, and whispered in her ears. 

 

"Just help me out, I'll explain everything." he said. Pets could only nod her head. "I don't believe you!" Lucia shouted at him angrily. She folded her arms as she pouted at him. "I need proof you're gay." she added. 

 

Sam looked at Pets, and smiled at her. Then, Then, he cupped her chin,and leaned down on her. Before she knew it, Pets found herself being kissed on the lips by Sam. Her eyes widened at what he did. She help her breath until Sam broke their kiss. 

 

Sam turned to Lucia, and let out a smile. "Is that enough proof for you?" he asked. Lucia glared at the two of them. She walked up to Sam, and slapped him on the face. She glared at Pets and slapped her too before walking out on them. 

 

"Ouch, that hurts!" Pets said as she massaged her cheek. "I broke up with Kimmy, but she didn't slap me like this!" she added. Then, she looked at Lucia's direction, and shouted at her. "Hey, miss! If this stupid idiot ert won't want you, I do!" she shouted. 

 

Sam glared at Pets, feeling jealous at what she shouted. "No! I won't let that happen. You're -" he stopped midway, as he whispered the last word to his sentence. "... mine..." he whispered. Pets looked at him with confusion. "You broke up the girl, and you don't want her to have happiness with me?" she asked. 

 

Sam roller her eyes at her. "How sure are you you can give her happiness, and she can give yours? First of all, she's brat and clingy and demanding. It's like you're dating someone like Kimmy, but ten times worse." he argued. 

 

Pets let out a scowl as she folded her arms. "You won't find your happiness in her." Sam told her. Pets let out a chuckle. "Do you know me that well to tell me that?" she asked. Sam smiled sincerely at her. "All I know is that you need someone who would spend time to understand you. Someone who treats you right. You need someone who understand how moody you can get, how to read the smile and expressions  in your face. You need someone who looks at you like you're the brightest moon in the solar system. You need someone, not only to make you happy, but also to love you with all their heart. Someone who will give you the whole universe when you're merely asking or a small star. That's the kind of happiness you deserve." he told her. 

 

Pets could only look at him after he speaks. "Why does he know me so well?" she thought. "And that won't be Lucia." Sam added. She could only nod her head. "All right, if you say so. Also, why did you kiss me again?!" Pets shouted at him. Sam just let out a laugh. He actually planned it. 

 

"Why, is that our second kiss?" he asked. Despite it being dim,, Sam could see the pink tints on her cheeks. She looked up at him with a scowl. "I hate you!" she said before walking out on him. Then, Sam shouted at her. "Creature, aren't you going to help me with the drinks!" he said. He just shook his head as he watched her direction. 

 

--

 

The next morning. 

 

"I'm going, bye!"

 

Wayne and Aaron looked at Grace as she rushed out of the door. "She's avoiding you..." Wayne said to Aaron. Aaron could only sigh. "Why? Because of what I did last night?" he asked. Wayne nodded his head. "Why did you even do that?" Wayne asked. 

 

Aaron let out another sigh. "Because that's what I felt at that moment..." he said. Wayne gave him a confused look. "Do you have feelings for her?" he asked. Aaron looked at him for a long time, and then nodded his head. 

 

Seeing that as a confirmation, Wayne gaped at him. "B-but... but you know... her sister..." he said. "I don't feel this way to Pets. I only felt this to Grace."

"That's not what I meant! You know how strict Pets is! She didn't want any guy around her sister. Look at Sam."

 

Aaron gave him a confused look. "What do you mean?" he asked. "Do you think Pets will allow you to court Grace? She entrusted her to you. And if you court her, it means you broke her trust..." Wayne explained. 

 

Aaron let out a sigh as he looked up on the ceiling. "Why is my life so complicated?" he sighed. 

 

--

 

Sunnee entered the comic store shop, where Dylan had a shift that day. As she entered, the only person she saw was Teddy, hi colleague. "Hi, Teddy! Is ice princess here?" she asked. Teddy nodded her head. "He's putting back the mangas on the shelf." Teddy told her. Sunnee nodded her head. "Then, I'll go look for him and see what mangas to borrow, all right?" Sunnee told him. 

 

Sunnee went to the shelf, and saw Dylan standing, as if looking at someone. Curious, Sunnee walked up to him, and called him. "Raccoon?" she called. Dylan looked back at her, and signalled her to be silent. Sunnee joined him, and as she looked behind the shelf, she saw Grace sitting on the floor in a daze with a manga on her hand. 

 

"What happened to her?" Sunnee whispered to Dylan. Dylan shrugged his shoulder. "I don't know. When I got here, she's like that. I tried calling her but it seems like she can't hear me..." Dylan told her. Sunnee smiled at him. "Let me handle this. Go, and do your work, all right?" she said. Dylan nodded his head. Before leaving Sunnee, he gave her a peck on the lips. 

 

"P'Grace?" Sunnee called as she approached her. Grace looked at her. "I need help..." Grace told her. Sunnee gave her a confused look, then she sat beside her. "About what?" Sunnee asked. "I think... I think I'm in love with Aaron... and I don't know what to do..." she said. 

 

Sunnee put her arms on her shoulder, and smiled at her. "Well, you got the right person to ask help to." Sunnee said with a smile. 

 

--

 

"Coming!"

 

Sam rushed to the door, and open it. He found Sylvia by the door with a sad look on her face. "Is... Is Wayne here?" she asked in a sad tone. "He and Aaron went to the university library for research." he told her. 

 

He looked at Sylvia, and it seems like she's in a daze. Her eyes were puffy, probably from crying. "Did Wes made you cry?" he wanted to ask. "Oh... then, I guess I'll just come another time..." Sylvia said sadly. As she turned to leave, Sam stopped her by holding her hand. 

 

"Sylvia, wait. I can't let you go with that condition." Sam told her. Sylvia looked at him, and forced a smile. "I'm all right..." Sylvia told him. Sam shook his head. He knew that look, because that's the expression on her face when they broke up. She was smiling, but he knew she wanted to cry. 

 

"You're trying to be brave, when all you want to do is cry. Don't put on a brave front. You need to let it out, all right?" Sam told her. Sylvia stared at him for a long time. Then, he saw tears fall from her eyes. She began to cry, and all Sam can do is hug her tight.

 

The moment Pets saw Sam hug Sylvia, anger built up inside her. She clenched her fist as she glared at them. "I'm not going to let you steal Fei Fei from Zheng ge..." she swore  in her thoughts.