winter games 3

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

Yerin cheered as she watched Sowon happily eating her rice, topping it with seasoned fish, shrimps, and other seafoods on the table.

"Kim Sojung HWAITINNNNGGGG!"

"Hey, who said you could cheer louder than me?"

Yerin looked up behind her and quickly hugged their visitor.

"Sohyun unnie! You made it!"

"Of course I made it, but shhhhh if Sojung finds out I'm here, she's going to tease me to the ends of the Earth."

Yerin tilted her head confused as Sohyun knelt down to hide behind Yerin but still keep a watch on her sister.

"You see, our mother, called me a siscon. You know that's not true right? Right?"

Yerin could only laugh and hold her stomach as Sohyun pleaded her.

"If you say so Sohyun unnie!"

"Aw geez, you don't believe me either. Well anyways, shhhh. I'm not here alright? I'm only here for just my break anyways. Gotta run back to work right after."

"You can't stay?"

"No, I have to make money too you know? Sojung said she wanted good food."

Yerin could only snicker at Sohyun's admission, there was no way Sohyun wasn't a siscon, look at her running all the way here just because her little sister was in a competition. Sowon started eating her second bowl of rice.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"And like they were getting mad cuz I just kept landing on my own spaces and adding houses!"

SinB excitedly told Umji about her monopoly game, her gold medal hanging brightly on her chest. Umji listened with a smile as her own gold chest was also, around her neck.

"So were you the one who made them all bankrupt? Or did they forfeit?"

"The first round forfeited when I got a monopoly on the light blue spaces, the finals, I made them bankrupt on accident."

"On accident?"

"See, I got boardwalk my first time through the board. Then every round after that, I kept landing on boardwalk. No one could land on Park Place. The round I landed on Park Place, one of the others had just gotten out of jail and rolled another double. They were being sad about probably landing in jail again when suddenly someone landed on Boardwalk."

"How is this an accident Eunbi? This was definitely planned you little trickster."

SinB could only smile as Umji giggled.

"I'll admit the person I wanted to land on it didn't land."

Umji laughed harder.

"So what happened specifically? How many hotels did you build on it?"

SinB blushed as she told Umji.

"The max amount on the card."

Umji rolled over in the grass, of course SinB would go overboard. She had heard rumors that SinB never landed on anyone else's space every turn, seeing as SinB had managed to gather enough money to max the hotels on the most expensive place on the board, it had to be true.

"Hey, I like red okay? It's a great color."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin stood at her mark, waiting for her name to be called. They were taking turns to throw the shotput ball, the boys had gone first and now it was the girls. Wincing as she saw another girl struggle to throw the ball far, she wondered whether the shotput balls were configured to their grip strength. Picking up her ball as she watched the girl before her give her best, she nervously looked where it landed. The girl who went before her was older by four years, it was odd that she was still at this daycare, but there was no judgement in this place.

Shuffling to the line, Yerin bounced a little, building her momentum. Looking over to where the last ball landed, she wondered if she would hit it. Glancing at where the girls were saeted, she saw Sowon pump a fist of encouragement, a grin on her lips. Returning a smile, she took a deep breath before taking her step forwards, and pushing the ball outwards with all her strength.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The girls gathered around their round table in their room. The winter games had just finished and it was about time for most of the children to go home, save their room. Yuju's father was going to bring Yujin from the hospital before getting her, Eunha's parents allowed her to stay as late as she wanted. Sowon and Yerin waited for Sohyun's shift to end, Umji and SinB were just hanging out. Jessica was here already, but she was working in the hall, on a business meeting over the phone. Umji's sister stopped by and then left to run an errand.

"Let's put them all on the table."

Each putting their gold medal in front of them on the table, Sowon grinned as they had every pattern of the gold medal. For each event, the print on the medal was different and they just stuck a sticker with your name on it.

"Let's put it together."

Moving the medals around to find which edges connected to the others, they revealed a flower printed on the backside of their medals. Sowon assumed it was to let the children make new friends outside of their daycare, they'd meet up to learn about each other an compare medals. Too bad, they won every competition this time.

"We did great today."

"Of course we did unnie, you picked the perfect roles for us."

Giggling as they congratulated each other, the girls were content with being complete.

===============

happy new years!