cradle

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

Sowon hummed quietly as she rocked back and forth, Umji was asleep in her arms, her squishy cheek pressed against the older's chest. SinB stared at Umji's sleeping face, watching as Sowon still focused on her homework while patting Umji's back.

"Unnie, why do you move? Isn't it better to hold still?"

Sowon put down her pencil and wrapped her right arm around Umji as well, shifting her just a little bit before answering.

"Mm, it's because it's soothing, if I move just this much."

"Soothing?"

"When you're asleep, you relax because it reminds your brain about the time you were in your mama's stomach."

SinB nodded, but it didn't quite make sense to her. Maybe when Jessica came to get her later, she could ask to see if it was true.

"Inside my mum's stomach?"

"It's supposed to be imitating when you were curled up as she moved around, walking or something like that. Sohyun unnie told me that when she rocked me to sleep several times. It works when I can't sleep because of thunderstorms."

Nodding again, SinB sat comfortably, if Yewon was sleeping, then all she can do is wait. Yerin rolled into her side lightly, bumping her hip with a smile. Laying down with Yerin, SinB made sure she was still able to see Umji around Yerin's hold.

"Do you wanna nap too DdinB?"

"DdinB? Why'd you call me that?"

"Becauth I bit my tong."

Worried, SinB patted Yerin's shoulder caringly.

"Wanna kiss my oo?"

Squealing as Yerin pushed forwards with her lips pursed, SinB giggled as Yerin continued to chase her for a kiss. Rolling over as Yerin managed to hug her tightly, she laughed until she couldn't breathe.

"Kiddo? You alright down there?"

Gasping, SinB pushed Yerin off with a grin.

"Jessica mama."

Jessica just chuckled and squat down, ruffling her daughter's hair gently. Giving Yerin a playful glare, Jessica sat down between them, Sowon murmured a hello, slightly shy because of Jessica's beauty.

"Be careful, I can't have my baby getting hurt, even if it's for a kiss."

SinB blushed and hid her face in her arms as Yerin giggled. Hearing a soft noise, they all looked to Sowon who quickly rocked Umji back and forth again. Patting Umji's back softly, Sowon smiled as their youngest remained asleep.

SInB went over to check as well, peeking over Sowon's shoulder carefully. The way Sowon was sat crisscross on the floor, her homework splayed on the floor next to her and Umji in her lap, her arm had to have begun to get sore from holding up Umji's weight, keeping the maknae tucked against her.

"Unnie are you okay? Does your arm hurt?"

Sowon just shook her head and gave SinB a smile.

"It doesn't hurt as long as Muji gets a good rest."

"Good rest? How do you know that Yewon is tired?"

"Because she had a tummy ache yesterday remember? She didn't go to school, did you forget?"

SinB rubbed her neck sheepishly, she must have forgotten with the joy of being with Umji today. Looking back at Jessica, she made eye contact and saw Jessica smile at her, making her blush again. Hiding behind Sowon, SinB didn't know what to do.

"SinB? Aigoo what's wrong with this one?"

Sowon just shook her head with a smile. She was glad to see SinB like this, much better than when SinB didn't say anything, much better then when SinB cried by herself in the corner.

"Shouldn't you have to go soon? You're keeping Jessica waiting."

"Oh fine Sowon unnie, I'll go."

Kissing Sowon's cheek quickly, SinB moved around the eldest to kiss Umji's forehead softly and going to Jessica.

"Aw, you won't kiss me too?"

SinB just stuck her tongue at Yerin who pouted childishly.

"Fine, I'll just have Yewon do your share of kisses as well later, when she wakes up."

"Aniya!"

Hurrying over, SinB kissed Yerin's cheek several times, smushing her lips harshly to Yerin's cheek bones as well.

"There! Enough?"

Yerin laughed holding her stomach as SinB rubbed her lips harshly.

"I'll see you tomorrow Eunbi SinB."

"Yea!"

Jessica also bid the girls farewell before picking SinB up in her arms, meeting her daughter's friends was a great experience, she got to see SinB's other sides, as well as how she interacted with other people she loved.

Placing SinB in the backseat of her car with a new children's carseat installed, Jessica kissed SinB's cheek quickly.

"You had a great day today? Right?"

"Of course!"

SinB smiled brightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jessica was seated on the couch, working on her laptop as SinB played with building blocks nearby, they were still at the orphanage house, only because Jessica said that her house was dusty still and not ready for SinB's arrival. She was going to clean it when SinB went to school, but hadn't finished in one day like she planned.

Stacking her cubes on top of each other, SinB held still as she placed a cone at the top of the tower. Grinning, she whispered to herself as she looked from the top of her tower to the bottom.

"Lapunsol, lapunsol let down your hair."

"Rrrr."

SinB looked up quickly, Jessica smiled back.

"It's Rapunzel."

"Rrrr?"

"Like rawr!"

"Rawr? Arrr rrrrrr."

"You got it."

SinB smiled and repeated to herself several times when she saw Jessica look back at her laptop.

"Rrrapunzel. Rrapunzel. Rapunzel."

Feeling herself getting lifted up, she had to stop and remember the feeling, it was careful and warm, don't punch Jessica in the face, that would be bad. Looking up curiously at Jessica who sat back down on the couch, SinB blinked several times.

"Wae?"

"Why'd you pick me up?"

"Because I wanted to hold you?"

SinB hummed, looking down at her hands, Jessica reached to hold one of SinB's hands, softly squishing the baby's soft hands.

"Do you know when I'll grow my front teeth back?"

"Soon, when did you lose them?"

SinB hummed, she didn't quite remember the date, and she didn't really want to remember.

"Before I came here. I took one out at the daycare, and the other...."

Looking down, SinB pouted a little, trailing off her thoughts.

"The other?"

"Dadd- my father knocked the other one out...."

Jessica gasped a little before tucking SinB under her chin softly hugging her.

"Don't worry about it baby, they'll grow back, promise."

"C-can I ask a favor?"

"Go ahead."

SinB snuggled warmly against Jessica, finding a comfortable spot, she let Jessica hug her again.

"Sowon unnie said that rocking a sleeping person can help them sleep better."

"Well, I understand the logic, and I've heard it before. You wanna try?"

SinB nodded as Jessica kissed her forehead, she blinked.

"Then close your eyes, and relax."

SinB listened, closing her eyes and clearing her thoughts, as Jessica rocked her from side to side slowly, she didn't feel anything different. Opening her eyes, she stared unfocused as she thought. Sowon had said it was soothing because it reminded the brain about the time in the stomach. Imitating the feeling of being safe and curled up in a mother's womb, the rocking was of when the mom walked around and did things.

"I wonder what my mother did when she had me."

"Hm?"

"Did she want me at all?"

Jessica kept quiet.

"I guess she didn't if I ended up here right? I was a mistake, like what the kids say at kindergarten."

"No baby, you're no mistake. Whoever tells you that is wrong. The only mistake is that your mom didn't treat you right. It's never a mistake to be born."

SinB blinked back her tears, her hands lightly gripping Jessica's sweater.

"You can't choose who gave birth to you, but you can choose who you view as your parents. It's not your fault."

Jessica wiped SinB's tears for her gently, giving SinB a loving squish to the cheek along the way.

"No one should ever hate you, because you are the most loving, adorable little being I've ever met in my life, and I'm proud to be your mom."

"Really?"

"Really honey. It's okay if rocking doesn't relax you, heck I don't even remember the last time I was rocked to sleep."

"LANGUAGE JUNG!"

Jessica rolled her eyes as SinB sniffled a little with a small smile.

"Miyoung ah, just let me be, I swear I won't say anything worse."

"LANGUAGE!"

Sighing, Jessica smiled when she heard SinB's giggle.

========================

brrrrrrrrrr wah!

uwu

wrapping up their individual stories soon, I feel melancholic...