movie day at daycare

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

"Yewon ah Yewon ah!"

Yuna ran over with her arms full of movie disk boxes, all disney. Arriving in front of Yewon at her desk, the younger was just coloring in a coloring book, Yuna dumped all five movies on Yewon's desk, covering her work.

"What's this?"

"Movies! Disney ones! Our teacher said for you to watch them, since you're learning English."

"So they're not dubbed?"

"Nope! All English!"

Yewon looked through them, she wasn't sure how to read some of the titles but one stood out to her particularly, especially because it was her favorite story.

"The Little Mermaid."

"You wanna watch it?"

"Yea."

Yuna happily took the disk from Yewon and ran full speed to their small tv, rushing to put it in the dvd player. Yewon put the other movies in a neat stack for when Yuna had to return them. Joining Yuna on the beanbag chairs, her attention was focused as the opening played.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time the ending credits rolled, both Yuna and Yewon were excitedly trying to sing along to the songs that replayed during the credits.

"You want thingamabobs?"

"I got twenty!"

They laughed together for a looooong time, until Sojung came back from her one on one tutoring session that was available at their daycare for the older kids.

"I hate multiplication."

Taking her seat at her desk, she started to work on her supplementary homework, it wasn't going to affect her school grade directly, but her tutor was strict and she really didn't want to get scolded again for not doing it.

"Why am I learning multiplication already?"

"Because you're in third grade."

"I know! But I don't want to."

Grumbling as she held her fingers in front of her face, she realized that she had run out of fingers.

"Yerin!"

"Ne?"

Yerin came running from across the room, dropping the story book she was reading to little Eunbi.

"Giraffe! I was listening to a good story!"

"Shush! Unless you want to help me too!"

Little Eunbi puffed her cheeks in annoyance and went over to Eunha with the story book.

"Eunbi unnie read this to me."

"Okaaaay, once upon a time~"

Sojung smiled a little hearing big Eunbi's sweet voice reading to little Eunbi, they were like real sisters somewhat, being the two who had known each other the longest.

"Yerin ah, I need to borrow your fingers."

"Borrow? I can't give them to you, they won't come off."

"Ani! You just need to hold up the fingers I count okay?"

"Okay!"

The particular question Sojung was doing was: 2 times 6. Lifting her own fingers by twos until ten, she then turned to Yerin and told her to raise two fingers. then counting them, she hurriedly wrote down twelve.

"Next."

3 times 4. Raising her fingers by threes, she stopped at nine, confused. Then Yewon pulled three of Yerin's fingers up.

"Sojung unnie, now count."

"Ah, right, one, two, three..."

Yewon waited patiently, if she told Sojung the answer, she wouldn't learn properly, it was best to let her struggle a little.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yewon? Yewon ah? Unnie is here?"

Hearing Jiwon's voice, Yewon threw down her crayons and ran to the door, her arms readily spread to hug her favorite sister, well, only sister.

"Unnie!"

"Yewon ah! I came as fast as I could, I'm sorry for being a little late."

Yewon shook her head, it was okay. Noticing Eunbi watching a little ways away, Yewon felt a little sad. When waiting to be picked up, Sojung left first with her sister, Yerin and big Eunbi were picked up by their mothers, Yuna was picked up by another bus driver. It was just her and little Eunbi waiting to be picked up.

"Eunbi yah, when are you getting picked up?"

"Me? Soon probably."

Hesitating to take her sister's hand, Yewon fumbled around a little bit. Her sister noticed immediately and pulled out her phone.

"Yewon ah, do you want to call mom and tell her we'll be a little late to get home?"

Looking at the phone in Jiwon's hand, Yewon looked back at Eunbi who was watching. Picking up the phone and unlocking it, she pressed the speed dial for her mom.

"Hello? Mommy? Yea, it's Yewonie. Can- can I stay at the daycare a little longer? Eunbi hasn't been picked up yet."

Jiwon waved shyly at Eunbi who just stared back.

"Really? Promise! I promise one more hour. Love you mommy, bye bye. Here unnie."

Quickly handing her sister's phone back to her, Yewon ran back to Eunbi's side, drawing with her crayons once more.

"You..."

"What?"

"You're....not going home?"

"Hm? Not yet."

Eunbi was pleasantly confused, for a friend who she knew for only almost two days, Yewon would stay late?

"It's not like I hate this place."

Hearing her name being called, Yewon turned to smile at her sister.

"I'll be doing my work here okay? I'll stop you when an hour is up okay?"

"Yeah!"

Eunbi stared at Yewon, wanting to hug her. Hesitantly, she raised a hand, catching Yewon's attention.

"What is it Eunbi?"

"I..."

Seeing Eunbi make slightly hesitant hand movements, Yewon grinned and tucked her arms around Eunbi's waist, pulling her in to squish their cheeks together.

"Is this what you wanted?"

"U-uh yea."

"By the way, do you know if Moon bin went home yet?"

"Why're you asking about him?"

"Just curious."

"He probably went home already, I think he said that he had a bus that drove him to his house, like Yuna unnie."

"Is that so? I wonder if my mom would make me do that when I get older."

"I dunno, maybe."

They turned back to their joint drawing of a purple dragon spitting red fire. It looked more like a fire spitting chicken in Yewon's opinion, but Eunbi could imagine anything she wanted to.

"Eunbi ah, is your ride home always this late? I don't know because I usually leave before Yuna unnie."

"Uhhh sometimes. When I'm alone, I have to go to the teacher's lounge, cuz it's not safe to be alone."

Yewon nodded.

"Are you still going to come over during recess? After being chased today?"

"Of course!"

It amused Yewon, the way Eunbi was so daring to challenge every rule. This also made her feel a little better about going to school, they could go to the back of her kindergarten together, away from the mean kids.

"Yewon ah, one hour is up."

Hugging Eunbi one more time, Yewon even snuck a present into Eunbi's hand.

"Make sure to eat it before your mom finds out!"

"Huh?"

"No more than one candy a day, don't you know?"

Eunbi shrugged as she waved to Yewon by the door, she waved until Yewon was out of sight, around the corner at the end of the street.

"Hwang Eunbi! What did I tell you about going to the teacher's lounge!"

"I got it, I got it."

She hid a small smile from the adult.

=========================

Hmmm something is werid with little Eunbi~ but its harmless, for the most part lol. To my surprise, I think I'm doing well writing stuff with more substance, thoughts? :)