Where is she?

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

SinB held Tiffany's hand as they entered the house, she neatly gathered her shoes and put it in her cubby at the door, quickly following after her guardian. They hadn't talked yet because Tiffany was on an important phone call since earlier, she had been using difficult words and sometimes yelled at her earpiece, making SinB flinch. But she noticed and kept her tone in check after.

"Is that all you needed from me?"

SinB stopped just short of crashing into Tiffany's legs, forgetting that she was following so closely.

"Good bye."

Putting a hand out to tap Tiffany's thigh, she tried to catch her attention.

"Hm? SinB yah what is it?"

"I wanted to tell you about my day."

"Even about the police calling me all of a sudden?"

"Y-yea, Yewon told me that telling you about my day would make you happy."

Tiffany smiled and squatted down, picking SinB up easily, moving them to the livingroom to sit at the couches.

"Was today a good day?"

"I guess so, it was a little frustrating actually."

"Frustrating?"

SinB twiddled her fingers, her lips trying to find a good way to put it.

"I..."

"You?"

"I didn't know how to use the chopsticks."

A realization dawned Tiffany and she apologized, really loudly.

"OMG I'M SO SORRY! Are you hungry? Do you want food? I can get you food!"

SinB was surprised, her eyes wide she quickly shook her head, stopping Tiffany from going to the kitchen.

"No, at daycare Yewon forced me to learn how to use them, if I couldn't figure it out, I wouldn't be allowed to talk with her until I did."

"Did you really figure it out?"

"Yea! Yerin unnie and Sowon unnie helped me a bit."

Tiffany hugged SinB, surprising the child again. She was used to the other girls giving her hugs, and she had a slight fear of hugs by adults, but Tiffany was growing on her. A small jolt of surprise always settled before she could relax into Tiffany's hug.

"You're a smart kid."

"I am? Thanks?"

"Mm. Well, I have to start going around to get the other kids from their schools, Taeyeon will be here in a little bit so if you're hungry or need anything, she'll be back soon."

SinB nodded, those were simple, easy orders. But she had one more question.

"I-is Jessica unnie here?"

"Hm? I think she went out? Or maybe she went home. She'll call later anyways if she's not here. Its a rule I have, do you miss her?"

"Not really. Just curious."

SinB waved at Tiffany as she took off in her minivan, ready to get the children from the schools that Taeyeon's car couldn't fit. Walking back in from the main door, she went upstairs to get changed into something more comfortable. Loose shorts and large tee.

Peeking into the guest room where Jessica usually stayed, she saw that the room was empty. Wandering in, she saw a small suitcase laid open on the floor, nothing was packed in it yet. Taking a seat in the middle of the room, she observed the surroundings. It was a habit of hers, to sit right in the middle of a new place, turn her head around to look at everything before going on an adventure, exploring the place. She couldn't do it downstairs, she'd be sat in the middle of the hallway and some other kid would ask her what she was doing.

Then she closed her eyes, thinking of the daycare. How the curtains of their windows billowed during strong winds until Sowon unnie went to shut them on her tippy toes, how the lighting of the room seemed to be too bright sometimes, how the other girls would just be there with her, having fun.

"What are you doing in here?"

Alarmed, SinB's eyes shot open, and she zipped out of the room as fast as she could.

"Weird kid, I just wanted to know why she looked so happy sitting there."

SinB held a hand to her heart, the racing pulse under her skin throbbing through her entire body. Why did she do that? Why did that room feel so similar to the daycare room? She had only been in there a few times, hiding from the other kids as they played hide and seek. Jessica often would give her one look and then ignore her for the sake of either her laptop or a book. SinB would initially sit by the door, hiding behind it in case anyone came to find her, but they never checked Jessica's room.

Eventually, when they played hide and seek, SinB just used it as an excuse to sit in Jessica's room, observing the cold adult. But, why couldn't she just say they were playing hide and seek? SinB knew something clicked inside herself, but she denied it as much as she could.

"Nah, I shouldn't try calling her mom."

"Calling who mom?"

"Ahhhk!"

SinB stumbled and fell on her , Jessica just raised an eyebrow. Leaning over and offering a hand to help SinB back up, SinB took it and hurriedly stood back up, muttering a thanks.

"Don't think too deeply kid, it's not healthy."

"Huh?"

"You were lost in thought right? That's hazardous."

Utterly confused, SinB just tried again and again to process the meaning of those words. Jessica ruffled SinB's bangs and went back downstairs.

"W-wait! Let's go together."

SinB hurriedly went beside Jessica, jumping each step to keep up with Jessica's pace.

"Tiffany unnie said you were leaving soon."

"Oh, that? Yea, I'll be gone for a while."

"Do you know when you're leaving?"

Easily taking the seat next to the adult on the couch as Jessica cracked open her book, SinB looked up at Jessica curiously.

"Probably the day after tomorrow, my manager is getting angry."

"A-and when will you be back?"

"That I dunno."

Jessica shrugged and found the page she had dogeared before, scanning the page to find which paragraph she had left off on.

"Why are you so curious about me?"

"Nothing in particular."

The young adult smirked a little out of habit as she realized how close SinB was to her, given, the child was no longer staring at her, but it was still intresting to her. Usually everyone was afraid of her, too scared to come close, despite her caring for them.

"You're a weird kid."

"How many times do you have to say that to me? I get it."

Jessica shook her head as SinB leaned into her side, this kid didn't know what she was doing did she.

==============

Sorry if the jump to SinB is sudden, I just want to explain that the format of this story is always evolving, as each child gets their arc and their own story to develop, individual chapters will start after, so if Eunha's arc started, her story would be happening, but so are the others. The beginning format was 1 school 3 daycare, now its sometimes school, 2 daycare, and then increasing the number of individual chapters. Thank you.