Attack Of The Duskbringers

The Sisters Grimm - Call Of The Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sowon was still kneeling on the floor, her hand wrapped around herself as the pain slowly subsided. Taeyeon knelt next to her watching over her not knowing exactly how to help. Soon Sowon’s breathing returned to normal, she reached out towards Taeyeon as the latter helped her back up to her feet.

Taeyeon carefully guided the tall girl to a nearby crate before slowly setting her back down. She stood in front of her student crossing her arms against her chest waiting for her to explain what just happened. Minutes passed and no words were being spoken between them, the music was still being played lively at the background as Taeyeon tapped her feet impatiently on the wooden floorboards.

“Nothing, do you really have nothing to say?” Taeyeon asked.

“I have nothing to say...” Sowon said faintly.

Taeyeon lunged foward at the girl and gripped both her shoulders tightly forcing her eyes to meet with her own.

“What is happening Sowon?” Taeyeon asked.

“Whatever i’m about to say, you have to promise me you won’t tell anyone. Cause nobody knows about this.” Sowon said with a tense tone as she stared seriously into Taeyeon’s eyes.

“Ok, you have my word.” Taeyeon said taking a step back and folding her arms in front if her.

“There’s no other way of saying this, i am dying.”

Taeyeon’s arms dropped to heer sides as her mind tried to process what she was told. 

“What did you just say?” 

“I’m dying Taeyeon.”

“That’s nonsense, which healer told you about your conditions anyways.”

“Jericho, my grandfather.” Sowon said with venom coating her every words.

“Isn’t he dead? Swallowed by the depths of hell i presume.” 

“He visited me in my dreams saying that he may not have flesh anymore but his spirit is still growing in hell.” Sowon said as she noticed a grim expression growing on Taeyeon’s face.

“Anyways, he told me that it was a bloodline curse, the more i used my magic the quicker i will be consumed by it and would eventually die.”

“And you believed him? The same evil soul that nearly wiped out three kingdoms if it weren’t for the six of you.”

“I refused to believe him at first but then one day what you saw happened to me for the first time. That’s when i started to believe.” Sowon said before slowly standing up.

She limped over towards the railing and looked down at the crew members as well as her sisters dancing together and celebrating, the sight was more than enough to bring a smile on the hunter’s face. Taeyeon joined her student by her side, her eyes never leaving her tall frame. She leaned in and placed her arm across Sowon’s shoulder pulling her in.

“You can’t keep this from the others forever. I won’t tell a soul, but the next time this topic comes out it should be you telling them.” Taeyeon said.

“I understand, thank you Taeyeon. You were always there for me.” Sowon replied.

Time was passing as the air became colder and the seas got calmer, the music eventually came to a stop as the crew members were lying all over the ground resting their bodies after the fun they had. Yerin was the last one awake as she held her flute in her hands. 

Yuju and Umji were cuddling each other as their bodies leaned against the wooden sides of the boat soundly asleep. Eunha wasn’t that far from them as she rested her arms on a barrel and fell asleep with Sinb lying against her back. Yerin was about to call it a night when she noticed Sowon walking towards her direction.

“Still awake?” Yerin asked as she leaned her head against the wooden pole behind her.

“Indeed, i was watching your performance from the captain’s station. I’m impressed by your stamina.” Sowon chuckled as she joined her best friend.

“I have the instrument of an actual god, i should be able to play for days without feeling tired. I even played a simple lullaby for them so they could rest easily.”

“Well it definitely worked, the three captains are sleeping too, it’s just the two of us on this ship who are still awake.” Sowon said as she began to stretch.

“Do you need a lullaby you big baby?” Yerin mocked at which her friend gently nudged her shoulder.

Suddenly, Yerin felt the boat shake a little as she got up from her seat and stood silently. 

“What is it?” Sowon asked as she got up and walked towards Yerin.

Just then Yerin saw someone behind Sowon pointing a crossbow at her back. Yerin’s eyes widened immediately as she saw the pers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter