The Call Of The Gods - Part 3

The Sisters Grimm - Call Of The Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


As the bright beam of light continued to shine, the battle was heating up on the outside of the cave. Wave after wave of  undead warriors began to crawl out from the under world leaving the sisters and the crew of the Dunkleosteus a never ending assault. But they were not going to give up, they fought bravely and courageously. 

They wanted to prove to themselves that they are worthy to be acknowledged as members of Captain Tiffany’s crew. Fear had cleaned out of their minds, as every single one of them lead by the leader Taeyong laughed in the face of death.

Meanwhile, Sowon and Adam took swings at each other but none were successful so far as the duo dueled it out to the end. The clashing sound of metal filled the battlefield from the exchange of strikes between to two rivals.

“Just give up! Thomas has the helmet, there’s no hope left.” Adam snarled.

“There will always be hope...” Sowon replied as she kicked Adam backwards making the latter stumble.

Sowon slashed forward but Adam countered as the both of them tried to push the other off, their face close to each other. Adam’s eyes were wide opened like a deranged maniac as if they were trying to escape from his skull as his mouth formed a huge smile which went from one ear to another.

Just then Sowon felt something grab her ankles and upon looking down saw multiple withered arms clasped around her legs. She hissed in pain as the withered arms seemed to have a burning effect on her skin. Looking back up she saw Adam’s loaded bow aimed directly at her face making Sowon’s blood run cold.

She tried take another swing but more hands began to burst out from the ground holding her other unrestrained limbs as Sowon began to struggle and yell in pain from the burning sensation. She was restrained, fighting with all her might to break free from her clutches as her heart started to beat rapidly from the thought of her life ending right there.

“Die!” Adam shouted but before he could squeeze the trigger his body had been thrown back by a strong force.

Adam’s body flew and crashed into the bark of the trees nearby causing a dent in them before smashing into the tree adjacent to the previous ones. This carried out for a few more times as blood started to splatter all around and stained the trees and grass below. His bones either broken or dislocated from the strong impact of each hit.

Finally his body stopped as he laid on the ground but he was still moving, Sowon turned to the side and saw Eunha standing there, her forehead covered in sweat while she panted. 

“Eunha, a little bit over the top don’t you think?” Sowon chuckled as Eunha rushed over and took Sowon’s sword from her hand.

“I will not let anyone harm you, you will not die...” Eunha said as she slashed through the withered hands as the dropped and shriveled up.

Sowon looked at the area which the withered arms clutched onto and saw that her skined were blackened and shriveled up as if it had been hit with a strong curse.

“, that doesn’t look good...” Sowon said.

“Hang on.” Eunha said carefully pulling Sowon closer towards her to examine the injury.

Eunha gave Sowon a quick heal but stopped after seeing Adam’s body slowly rising up as his bone began to fix themselves back into their rightful spots. The lunatic started to laugh as he felt his body painfully heal itself.

“You got to try and hit a lot harder than that little girl, you may be strong but you won’t be able destroy Hade’s curse that easily!” Adam exclaimed as he slammed his foot into the ground making is quake slightly.

Sowon and Eunha cautiously looked around themselves not wanting to be caught by surprise by whatever Adam just did. 

The ground then suddenly erupted as more of those withered arms from before began to shoot out from the ground. Thankfully, both girls were quick enough to react and quickly jumped out of the way but to their horror when they turned around they saw that the withered arms were following them.

Sowon and Eunha began to sprint off trying to outrun the arms which seemed to be desperately locked onto them. 

“Run you ants! Flee from your demise!” Adam screamed like a madman as he continued to shoot his cursed arrows at the two of them.
The two girls tried as much as they could struggling to run and at the same time dodge the incoming arrows. Sowon tried to steal a few shots towards Adam as she hopped and spun while dodging the incoming arms.

Eunha stopped and summoned a barrier but as the approaching arms touches the surface of the barrier, its white angelic glow began to fade and crack up destroying the barrier as it withered and scattered around.

“Eunha!!” Sowon shouted as she watched helplessly.

Eunha froze as the blackened arms were just moments away from grabbing her, but in a blink of an eye the arms were severed by a strong slash as Umji intercepted the attack standing between her friend and the withered arms. 

“I got you!” Umji chimed as she rested her blade on her shoulders

The arms chasing Sowon were also destroyed as the ground was now covered in sharp black feathers which fell from the sky like hail. Sinb landed next to Sowon and gave the latter a playful smile and a pat on the back.

Adam clenched his fists in frustration and raised his corssbow once again.

“Hi~!” Yuju sang as she suddenly appeared in front of Adam and landed a punch straight into his face.

Adam fell back from the sudden attack as Yuju continued to chase after him. Drawing her daggers she swung around ferociously as she pranced around him. Adam fought back but wasn’t fast enough to catch up with Yuju. Sinb swooped in and replaced Yuju as she spun around with her wings spread widely like a razor sharp spinning top while inching towards Adam whom took large leaps in the opposite direction to avoid the attack.

Sinb then opened up her wings and with a strong flap of her dark wings sent a wave of feathers straight towards Adam hitting him all over the body. He screamed in agony as he looked at the multiple feathers sticking out of his abdomen and torso and blood started to trickle down.

The sisters were relentless unwilling to give him the time to recover as Umji stepped in taking over Sinb. She jumped in and slashed her blade downwards, Adam rolled to the side and fired a few arrows at Umji. Umji leaned back steeply as the arrows flew past above her, she swung her blade again in a circular motion but Adam blocked the attack with his blade held closly to his cheeks.

“You think you’re strong enough to stop me? You’re nothing but pests under my feet.” Adam snarled.

“If there’s one advice i can give you as queen, is that never unde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter