The Darkest Time

The Sisters Grimm - Call Of The Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


The Dunkleosteus made a swift and smooth docking with the help of some of the locals there. Mark and Jaehyun helped to lower the wooden plank to make a way off the ship as Tiffany and Yoona disembarked.

“Taeyeon stay on board and help the crew with restocking the supplies.” Tiffany said as Taeyeon replied with a quick nod.

“Let me help too, with my powers this could be easier.” Eunha said as she remained on the ship while the others got off.

The tropical fishing village was quiet and still with hardly any villagers roaming around. There were many small wooden huts sprouting all over the place as the girls walked and looked around.

“Hey!” Yoona said as she tossed a bag of coins towards the girls.

Yuju caught it instinctively and started to shake it as the coins began to clatter as they hit each other.

“Is this stolen money?” Yuju asked while holding the bag in her hand.

“No...that’s borrowed money.” Yoona explained.

“Borrowed money? We’re not using this money, it’s no ours to begin with.” Yerin said as she grabbed the bag and tossed it back at Yoona who caught it in return.

“Look it was borrowed and the person is now dead. So technically it’s the captain’s money so go buy something at that inn over there.” Yoona threw it back and Yuju caught it again.

“Curtesy of the captain.” Yoona said one more time with a wink.

“We’re just going to meet up with one of our contacts, so don’t do anything stupid until i come and fetch you guys okay.” Tiffany said with a commanding tone before walking off with Yoona.

“How about a drink guys?” Umji said as she grabbed the bag of coins from Yuju’s hand as she entered the inn.

“Stay here boy we’ll call you when we need to alright?” Sowon told Fenris as the wolf whined before lying down right next to the door.

Umji carefully opened the wooden door which made a creaking sound grabbing the attention of everyone. The five girls entered the inn one by one while everyone kept looking at them. 

“Don’t mind them ladies, we don’t get enough visitors around here to begin with.” The bartender said as he walked over towards them.

They sat along the counter and Umji placed the coins on the table and ordered their drinks. Once the order was made everyone stopped paying attention to the girls.

“Never had this much attention since i burned down half a village from my power spikes.” Sowon remarked as she took another glance around the place.

“You still have those spike?” Yerin asked as she took a sip from her cup in front of her.

“Rarely.” Sowon replied.

While the sisters were chatting and speaking in the inn, the captain and Yoona were slowly walking up a walkway towards the abandoned cathedral.

The outside of the cathedral was an old cemetery which held the corpses of everyone who lived in that village since it was first founded. As Yoona walked oast the stone tombstones she felt a sudden chill run up her spine.

“I don’t have a good feeling about this Tiff...I don’t like it one bit.” Yoona said as her grip on her blade handle grew tighter.

“Icarus is watching over us isn’t he?” Tiffany asked and Yoona nodded her head.

“Then we should be fine.”

“Tiff! The graves...they’ve been dug up...” Yoona gasped in shock.

“Something’s off...”

Tiffany walked towards the main entrance and pushed the door opened and the sunlight brought life to the inside of the dead church.

“Hey chief! We’re back’ere where ye at!” Tiffany called out hoping for a response but no reply was returned.

“Ahoy sister...” A dark voice of a male was heard as a silhouette came out from behind one of the church pillars.

He was dressed in a dark blue long vest which flowed down to the side of his knees. His hair messy and dark as night as the curls covered up his eyes, he let our a sinister smile upon seeing Tiffany.

“Thomas.” Tiffany spat his name out in disgust as the sound of metal was heard.

Yoona drew her sword in one swift motion and stood next to Tiffany ready to attack at command.

“Come on sister dearest, aren’t you a little excited to see me? Must you have your little lady friend here draw her inny bitty sword.” Thomas said with another laugh.

“To davy jone’s locker with you.” Tiffany snarled back angrily as her brother just laughed at her effort.

“You should have said that to your little spy you sent out to watch over us. He paid his price already.”

“You killed the chief!” 

“Honestly sister dearest you really should have seen this coming.” Thomas now drew his blade and pointed at Tiffany.

“Where is the other two sons of biscuit eater?” Yoona asked as she eyed him carefully.

Thomas let out a smirk and snapped his finger and in a second Yoona was hit with a strong and fast punch followed by a choke as her body was held against the wall.

A lady in short raven hair held her against the church walls with a mischievous smile on her face.

“Yoona!” Tiffany cried out as she 

“Hey Sooyoung, i see you’re still fast as ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter