Into Enemy Waters

The Sisters Grimm - Call Of The Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Tiffany laid on her hammock as it swayed back and forth from the waves beneath the ship. Her eyes fixed to the wooden ceiling of her quarters, her mind never stopped thinking about what had happened. 

“I just need to see her, do we have to go through this everytime?” A voice from the other side of the  door caught her attention.

Tiffany helped herself up off the hammock and walked towards the door and pulled it open. She saw Umji standing there as the both of them locked eyes with each other. Tiffany turned to look at Taeyong giving him a  slight nod.

The red haired crew mate stepped to the side and lowered his head allowing Umji to enter Tiffany’s room. Umji walked in and carefully closed the door behind her. 

“He’s a loyal one that guy, he only serves the captain, i apologise if he had insulted the queen in any way.” Tiffany spoke while walking back to her hammock and slumping back onto it.

“Let’s just say if he was back in Valrida, he would either be one of my highest ranking generals or dead.” Umji said trying to lighten the mood.

“So what brings you here?” 

“I wanted to apologise for acting so rashly previously...i was mad and was not thinking straight.”

Tiffany remained silent as Umji watched over her, the queen was just standing there not sure what else to say to the captain. 

“After we reach the port we’ll part ways from there. As the queen of Valrida you should be able to get a ship back to your kingdom.”

“Wait what do you mean?” Umji said taking a step foward being flustered by the captain’s sudden words.

Tiffany turned her head towards he queen and saw her face filled with confusion. 

“I have no use for any of you anymore, i’ve realise that i already have all the power i need to take down my brother. You guys would just slow us down.”

“Slow you down?” Umji asked her tone getting harsher as her fist started to clench. “Just now you were worried about what your brother and Adam could do and now you are telling us this.”

“My decision is final...” Tiffany said ending the conversation there as she gestured towards the door.

Umji was struck with shock and anger, without even trying to reason with the captain she walked out of the room leving Tiffany alone on her hammock as it continued to sway back and forth.

Seconds later Yoona walked in and noted her friend’s expression. She sighed loudly and stood over Tiffany with her arms folded across her chest. They both stared at each other for a few seconds before Tiffanu broke the silence between them.

“What?” Tiffany asked.

“What did you tell Umji? Why was she angry?” Yoona asked.

“I told her that we do not need her and the sisters anymore, they would just slow us down on our mission.”

“In no way is that your reason for kicking them out.” Yoona said before leaning down and caressing the captain’s forehead. “Now tell me the real reason.” 

“If they stay with us. They will die. People around me will die sooner or later. You and Taeyeon know that, the things we do, it’s just crazy and suicidal.”

“You’re right Tiff, we know that our lives are in danger, in fact everyone on this ship knows that. But yet here we are, nobody even thought of leaving.”

“It’s not their fight...” Tiffany said again her voice getting louder.

“ It’s not their fight. But in the end of the day we all live in the same world that is at stake.” Yoona’s words made Tiffany silent.

Yoona knew that her message was delivered and saw how distress her friend was. 

“Rest now. It will take at most a few more hours till we enter Sinarian waters.” Yoona turned towards the door and closed it behind her leaving Tiffany alone in her quarters.

The captain tossed and turn on her narrow hammock, she turned to her sode and shut her eyes getting as much rest as she could. Before she knew it, she had already drifted away into her slumber.

The next moment Tiffany opened her eyes she found herself in a room. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter