The Heart Of The Map

The Sisters Grimm - Call Of The Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Tiffany couldn’t feel anything around her yet she felt herself drifting around in an empty abyss. Her mind was calm and blank feeling like there was nothing to be afraid of but there was small distant voice calling out to her telling her to wake up.

She did not want to, she was at peace. The storm which once raged on continuously in her mind finally stopped and everything was well. But the voice was persistent no matter how small and how irrelevant it was it kept calling out to Tiffany.

Just then another voice joined in speaking louder and more firmly as it said to her,

“Open your eyes Tiffany.” 

Just like a switch being flipped, the captain’s eyes shot wide open as a gasp escaped her lips. She frantically looked around and saw nothing but blue emptiness that surrounded her. 

“Who’s there? Show yourself!” She called out trying to find the source of the voice she heard.

“Tiffany.” The disembodied voice called out to her once again.

“I hear you, but it would be nicer if you would show yourself. Why? Afraid of little ol’ me?” 

A scoff was heard followed by a very deep chuckle.

“Aye, you never fail to amuze me little one. The sea must have molded you to have this personality as the one who chose you i have expected this.”

Tiffany’s eyes widened at the sudden realisation of who the voice possibly was and with a meek voice she confirmed it with the voice.

“Poseidon?” 

“It’s good to meet you little one...” 

Tiffany immediately began to panick, she began flailing her arms before covering her face with them as she began to mentally curse herself for acting so harshly in front of an actual god.

“Forgive me lord of the sea for my behaviour. I..i did not know who you were.” 

“All is well, i’ve called you here in this state to acknowledge you and your bravery for risking your own life to save your friends.”

“Risked my life huh...i guess...i’ve moved on to the next stage then?”

Poseidon made a low humming sound as if the god of sea was deep in thoughts thinking of the right words to use.

“Not quite. You have unfinished business with your destiny. I have not much time, i’ve sent your body back to your friends and you are being revived at such a rapid pace that even a god like me is shocked.”

“Eunha...” Tiffany softly muttered to herself proud to have such a remarkable person on her team.

“Defeat your brother Tiffany, don’t let Thomas get his hands on the helmet. Whatever happens then, i leave it to you...”

As the words filled Tiffany’s ears she felr a sudden tingle as she felt it surge through her body, her vision began to blur out as well.

“Wait before you go-“

Poseidon then told Tiffany something else.

Something that made Tiffany’s eyes widened with shock and confusion as her vision finally out.

Seconds later her eyes shot open again this time what she saw was the glaring bright sun which shone down on her. 

“She’s awake!” Tiffany recognised Eunha voice as she slowly sat herself up.

Before Tiffany could even register anything she felt a strong body pressed onto her as the arms wrapped tightly around her body. Without looking she was already certain who it was.

“Come on now Taeyeon, i can’t breathe if you embrace me so tightly.” Tiffany joked.

Taeyeon pulled herself away and only then did Tiffany noticed the tears which was dripping down her cheeks. 

“I must have scared you didn’t I?” She then turn to look at the crew and everyone which surrounded her. “I must have scared all of you. I’m sorry. Truly.”

“It’s not Taeyeon that you should be worried about.” Yerin chimed in as she pointed towards the back.

Tiffany turned and saw Yoona standing still, her hands visibly shaking as her eyes were swollen red. She was too shocked afraid to do anything ever since they fished out Tiffany’s body from the water. Her legs rooted to the ground as they carried the unconscious captain as Eunha began to heal her.

“She’s the most shaken one here.” Sowon added with a slight shrug.

Tiffany didn’t say anything but instead walked over to Yoona with a warm and reassuring smile plastered on her face. She opened her arms once closed enough to the younger girl as Yoona fell into her embrace and began to sob once again.

Tiffany comforted the young pirate rubbing her hands along her back as Yoona stained the captain’s shirt with her tears. 

“I’m here now, i’m sorry-“

“No.” Yoona’s voice interrupted Tiffany as the latter pulled back slightly to look at her.

“You sacrificed yourself so that all of us could live, you once again threw yourself into danger for the sake of others. I thought that i was not going to see you again. Not only that...i didn’t want our last conversation to be an argument.”

Tiffany was then reminded of the arguent that they had moments before entering the death storm. Feeling more guilt rise in her the captain resumed her hug.

After a few moments of settling down, Tiffany resumed her position behind the wheel as the Dunkleosteus continued its voyage. They sailed for the next few days through the calm seas and natural weathers. Eunha tended to Sowon often trying her best to heal the red scar on her back as much as she could. 

Studying th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter