The Ambush Of The Sinarians

The Sisters Grimm - Call Of The Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sowon dragged her heavy feet back to the quarters as the image of the ships she destroyed with her bare hands burned deeply into her mind. She flinched as she recalled the shouts of hatred at her by the clan members, all she wanted right now was to forget about everything and get some rest.

she wanted to forget about the destruction she had made, about the people she had harmed and most of all, she wanted to forget the rush of excitement which flowed tbrough her as she blasted those ships to kingdom comes.

As she reached her quarters, the hammock which was hung seemed to be calling out to her. She leaped onto it and laid there silently uncertain of what to do, she raised her palms in front of her and stared at it. Her pale skin glistened even in the darkest of rooms.

She started to feel a sudden temptation to channel the energy to her palms, and so she did. Sowon’s palms began to glow red as she swung it slowly in front of her. Her eyes watched in amazement at the beauty that she could make with her abilities. The red aura dancing in the dark room providing minimal light to the moody ambience.

A sudden new urge then began to suffice in her head as a voice spoke to her.

“Do it...use your powers.” The whisper spoke in her head tempting her.

Sowon tried to fight this new desire but the whisper was persistent, much so that she found herself about to unleash her wrath onto the ship.

“Hey, Sowon, can i come in?” A voice sounded from the quarter’s entrance as Yuju stood there at the entrance.

Sowon immediately hid her hands behind her back and at that same time she finally realised what could have possibly happened if Yuju didn’t interrupt her in time.

“Yeah...sure...” Sowon stuttered in her words.

“Are you alright? Of course you’re not, you just destroyed three sinarian ships....I probably shouldn’t have brought that matter up again...i’m such an idiot.” Yuju said while having a short quarrel with herself.

Sowon just stared at Yuju without saying a word, her heart was racing in her chest from the sudden rush of almost killing everyone on board the Dunkleosteus.

“Sowon?” Yuju called out to the older girl once again.

“Yes?”

“You know if you want to be alone, i’ll be happy to leave-“

“No!” Sowon exclaimed loudly which startled Yuju a little making her flinch.

“I’m sorry, but i think i really shouldn’t be alone, especially at times like this.” Sowon cotinued as Yuju nodded her head and stepped into the quarters.

The both of them sat in the same room in silence until Sowon decided to break it with a question.

“Can i ask you something?” 

“What’s bothering you my hunter friend?”

“I’m afriad Yuju, this power inside of me is breaking me from the inside, back there when i did that horrible act i finally realised how dangereous i really am.” Sowon said voice filled with fear for herself.

“I know you Sowon, you won’t hurt someone unless they deserve it. You don’t murder people, you punish them.” 

“You don’t get it Yuju, I enjoyed what I did, I utterly enjoyed destroying those ships just now. If Eunha wasn’t there to stop me, more would have died under my powers.”

Yuju stared at Sowon without saying another word, she just watched Sowon in a new light.

“I scared you didn’t I?” Sowon asked meekly.

“On the contrary, i have never met someone more relatable in my life.” Yuju replied with glimmer in her eyes as she disappeared from where she was.

She reappeared right in front of Sowon and sat down on the same hammock as her.

“You know about the other side of me right?”

“You mean Yuna?” 

“Yes, i understand what you are going through, the urge to let your other half take control, to surrender to the utmost power that exists deep down in you.”

“Yuju...who is Yuna exactly?”

“That’s an origin story for another day.” Yuju replied with a wink and a cheeky smirk before standing back up.

What are the others doing?” Sowon asked as she watch Yuju walked towards the entrance.

“They’re planning for the upcoming attack. Three Sinarian ships are inbound and the captain is going to rain hell on them. Care to join?”

“No. I think i should keep my powers tamed for the time being.”

“A word of advice, the more you try to control it the more you will lose to it.” Yuju said before walking out of the quarters leaving a confused Sowon behind.

Sowon sat on the hammock for a few minutes without saying anything but continued to stare at her hands. She took a huge sigh before slumping back down onto the hammock as she tried to close her eyes and get some rest.

Meanwhile back in the captain’s quarters, Tiffany and the rest of the girls crowded to round table where a huge map was being laid out. Tiffany rested both of her palms on the table as she studied the map thoroughly while thinking of a plan.

“Any ideas Tae?” Tiffany asked.

“It’s kind of tricky, look here.” Taeyeon said as she pointed to a spot on the map. “We’re here open to many directions of attack.”

“But Sinaris is west of where we are, we can easily predict their attack path.” Umji voiced out.

“The Sinarians are tricky bunch of scums, they’re clever and i’ve underestimated them once and i won’t do that again.” Taeyeon replied.

“Easy there.” Tiffany calmly said her eyes never leaving the map.

“I have an idea.” Yuju said while raising her hand.

“Well that’s a first.” Sinb quietly scoffed but was nudged in the shoulder by Yerin for her remarks.

“I can make an illusion, i can make it seem like the ship is destroyed. So when they come over to inspect on the wreckage-” 

“We can strike them when they least expect it and we would win the fight! That’s a brilliant plan!” Taeyeon exclaimed as she finished Yuju’s sentence.

“That’s actually a decent plan. Who knew Yuju had it in her?” Sinb playfully scoffed.

“She must have been with me for too long, my battle tactics skills probably rubbed off onto her.” Umji replied proudly.

“Let’s get ready to greet our new friends.” Tiffany said her final command as the others prepared themselves.

The next couple of hours passed by as the entire ship prepared for the i coming attack. Lucas and the rest of the crew members were armed and were hiding at different points of the ship. Yoona set Icarus off to scout the skies while Taeyeon sharpened her blade.

Yuju stood at the edge of the ship and placed her hand onto the railing, Umji stood behind her and watched as Yuju turned the ship into a massive wreck. The wooden floorboard which once covered every inch of the ship was now broken and dismantled. The sails were torned and tattered and flag was broken off.

Sowon and Fenris stepped out from the lower deck and watched in confusion as the ship was now a completely destroyed. 

“So glad you could join us missy.” Tiffany greeted Sowon.

“Did we lose already?” Sowon smirked while asking the question.

“It appears your friend has came up with a brilliant plan. Will you joining us for the fight?” 

Sowon looked at her palms once more and shook her head. Tiffany sighed, she moved over to Sowon and tightly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter