The Call Of The Gods - Part 2

The Sisters Grimm - Call Of The Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A while back at the Dunkleosteus, as Icarus kept going at the underwater beast Kshandha which retalited by thrashing about and attempting to devour the flying griffin. Yoona was thinking of a way to get herself out of there.

The ship was trembling mercilessly as the wood which held it together started to warp and eventually snap from the immense grip from the sea serpent’s body.

Yoona didn’t notice that Kshandha had already changed its target and was headed right for her. Its ginormous head and razor sharp famgs was flarred as it charged straight for her.
Frozen where she stood, Yoona could only watch as the monstrous beast got closer towards her, but Icarus came in and with great accuracy grabbed Yoona by the back of her collar with its talons and flipped her onto its back. Kshandha’s head smashed onto the ship breaking though the top deck.

“Thanks buddy.” Yoona said as Icarus took to the skies letting out a shriek of happiness.

Kshandha roared in anger as it tried to catch up with the fast griffin. Yoona studied the beast carefully seeing that its long muscular tail did not contract but instead just constricted itself onto the ship.

“It’s not leaving without a fight, so fleeing isn’t the answer. We just have to find another way.” Yoona thought loudly while Icarus kept flying circles over the beast.

Yoona couldn’t use her powers for her skill requires her to meet with both working eyes of her target in order to activate it.

Just then a wild idea ran through Yoona’s mind as she manoeuvred Icarus down and hopped off her back. 

“Icarus keep it distracted for a bit, i have a plan.” 

Icarus shrieked and flew towards Kshandha smashing into its thick hide and clawing at it with sharp talons. The beast roared as it attention turned solely onto the flying creature.

Seeing that Icarus had successfully gotten her out of the serpent’s gaze she scurried towards the bottom deck hopping over the broken stairs and missing floorboards.

She navigated her way as the ship continues to rock with sea water flowing in. She kept on moving until her eyes fell upon the objects she was finding for. Before her lay several large barrels filled to the brim with black powder, gifts from the gunslinging captain herself back in Sinaris.

She knew the destructive powers those black powers hold and was about to use it to aid her during this crucial moment. She turned back and ran back out as the ship continue to slowly break apart. 

Once reaching the top deck she saw that Icarus was barely holding himself with Kshandha as the poor griffin had been flying desperately trying to escape the beast’s fangs.
She ran across the ship top deck trying to avoid the coils of Kshandha’s body but suddenly came to a stop. She pulled out her blade and started to yell at Kshandha.

“Hey! Come at me to stupid beast!” Yoona screamed as the serpent turned towards her.

“Yeah come here...” Yoona whispered to herself silently. 

She stood her ground as the serpent repeated its attack from before, from the corner of her eyes she saw Icarus coming towards her as well. She gritted her teeth, she prayed in her mind that her plan would work. 

Kshandha drew closer and closer but Icarus was faster as Yoona leapt towards her friend and grabbed onto its back as they flew off into the sky. Then there was a bright flash followed by a thundering blast that sent a shockwave that even caused Icarus to lose its balance.

Yoona turned and saw the destruction below her, the ship looked like it has been engulfed by a bright orange flower made of out of fire as the heat was so immense she could feel it from where she was.

Once steadying herself on Icarus back the duo flew around for a while observing the wreck.

“Is it over?” Yoona asked but before she knew it a stream of flame was shot towards her.
Icarus quickly rolled to the side the flame merely scraping past Icarus as the it shrieked from the contact of the flames.

“You got to be kidding me...” Yoona sighed as from the flames Kshandha emerged once more.
Half of its face had broken off as bits of its hard scale crumbled off while it lifted itself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter