Eye Of the Calamity

The Sisters Grimm - Call Of The Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Tiffany sat in her quarters with her hands clasped with each other as she stared blankly at the door awaiting for the sisters to enter. She gave them some time to compose themselves, she felt bad for eavesdropping on their conversation especially since it was such a devastating situation.

She tapped her feet against the floor repeatedly as she kept on rethinking the idea she had in mind and was wondering if it was a good idea to let them know about it. 

Just then a knock came from the door as it creaked open, one by one the sisters entered the cabin their heads low and spirits shattered. Tiffany saw this vast difference in their spirits, her heart ached for them.

“Gather round.” Tiffany said as the girls walked closer towards them captain.

“I can’t even begin to imagine what you all are going through right now, i would feel like too...

But there’s hope. The artifact we are after is called the Helmet Of Chagaolym, the helmet worn by the first great sorcerer who’ve said to have faced every single god and stole every single one of their powers .

Whoever wears this helmet gains the knowledge of the great Chagaolym, i will do anything in my power to stop my brother from gaining this power, with his corrupted mind our whole existence as humans could be at risk.

One of the god’s powers whom Chagaolym had stolen was Asclepius, the god of healing. I’ll use the helmet and call upon this divine power to heal Sowon and revoke whatever curse she has.”

“Really! T...that’s amazing! Sowon’s going to be fine.” Yerin exclaimed after hearing the news.

Eunha’s eyes widened as well, the whole time that Tiffany was speaking she was tightly holding onto Sowon’s arm not wanting to let go. After hearing what the captain had said she too started to feel a sense of hope.

“Wait...” Yuju’s voice gained the attention of everyone. “Sowon’s condition is something very unpredictable yet very dangerous, we’ll have no idea when she’ll reach her limit. It could happen in a week, tomorrow, hell....it could even happen right now.”

“Hey!” Yerin said as she walked towards Yuju and held her by her collar and pulled it upwards. 

“Yerin stop!” Sinb was about to move them apart but as she took a step forward a jet of water was fired in between the two as both of them instinctively pulled apart.

“Listen to me mate and let me finish. Don’t start acting like savages before me.” Tiffany warned as she lowered down her fingers.

The girls froze in fear at the stern captain before them.

“I understand the situation, i know what it’s like to see someone you love leave you for good. I watched my entire family burn back at the orphanage, i don’t want you to go through what i went through, with all the time spent together i hate to admit it but i’m kind of attached to you landlubbers.” Tiffany said as the girls listened to her.

“Plus if i let anything bad happens to Sowon Taeyeon will kill me.” The captain added.

Tears streamed down from Eunha’s eyes as she released Sowon and rushed towards Tiffany and wrapped her arms around the captain. She began to sob uncontrollably into her coat staining them with het tears as she thanked her profusely. Tiffany stared down at Eunha and reached out to pat her head. 

“Leave it to me, i swear i’ll save you.” 

“Thank you.” Sowon replied.

Tiffany forced out a smile while gently pushing Eunha off her body. She watched their backs as they strolled out of the room. Tiffany sat back at her seat fiddling with the handle of her blade which tucked neatly next to her desk. 

She had made the promise to help them, she saw the look of fear in each of their eyes. They wrre trembling at the thought of losing one of their friends, the pirate captain chuckled to herself finding it strange as to where her sudden generosity had emerged from.

“They deserve to be happy.” Tiffany said as if ending the conversation between the voices inside her head.

She picked up her blade and stepped out of her room letting the cool sea breeze hit her as the sudden gust of wind startled her a little. She made her way towards her post behind the wheel seeing Yoona with both hands on the wheel as she directed the ship.

“Where’s Taeyeon?” Tiffany asked as she scanned around the ship looking for her friend.

“She’s checking in with the crew seeing how they’re doing after the whole siren incident.” 

“I see...” Tiffany sighed as she turned back to face Yoona only to see a look of distress on her face.

“What seems to be the problem?” Tiffany asked as she approached her.

“Nothing, just thinking.”

“You can’t just be thinking, i’ve known you ever since we first opened our damn eyes. Tell me...”

Yoona paused for a moment, her hands releasing the wooden wheel. She looked into Tiffany’s eyes and felt the worry in them. Yoona was always like a little sister to Tiffany, she had always taken care of the younger and carried both of their burdens on her own back.

“When we find the artifact and face your brother’s crew, i’m going to give my all...i’m not going to hold back. But...” Yoona began to hesitate.

“Spit it out my dear, what is it?”

“Do you think that there is a possibility that Sooyoung will come back to us?” 

At the mention of her friend’s name Tiffany flinched, her fists instinctively clenched up as she recaleld of Sooyoung’s betrayal as she joine dher wicked brother.

“She won’t listen to us.” Tiffany coldly spat.

“We wouldn’t know until we try.”

“She’s corrupted-“

“SHE IS OUR FRIEND!” Yoona yelled at Tiffany making the elder stunned by the sudden outburst

“She left us because of your brother! He seduced her and molded into a figure of his desire, but i know she is still in there...”

“Then let me ask you this.” Tiffany said a she stepped forward till the space between the two was barely an inch. “When the time comes and we face each other off, what do you think will happen first? Will your words penetrate her fogged up mind or will the descendant of Hermes pierce through you like a thin sheet of cloth.”

Yoona’s body began to tremble at the words of her friend, but her fear soon switched into anger as she challenged the captain leaning into the older girl.

“Why don’t you worry about your own brother first, what kind of captain trembles at the sight of her enemies.” 

“What’s going on here?” Taeyeon’s voice suddenly sounded as the two descendants turned to face the eldest as she stood before them with her arms crossed.

Yoona didn’t respond but instead forced herself pass Tiffany as she walked away, Taeyeon tried to call out to her but Yoona just ignored everything as she left the place.

Tiffany felt like she was suffocated at that moment, she took in a sharp breath as her feet began to wobble. Taeyeon moved to her side but Tiffany just raised her palm telling the girl to stay put. 

“I demand an explanation...” Taeyeon said.

“I doubt you do, you were probably listening throughout.” 

“I heard your words but i don’t understand your intentions. I know that you want nothing more than for things to turn back to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter