A Tale From The Past

The Sisters Grimm - Call Of The Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The silence was deafening from the event that had occured, the sacrifice was dire but it had to be done for the greater good. Tiffany steered behind the ship’s wheel, her focus was foward as her stare was blank.

Deep in thought, her mind raced with the scenario back in the cathedral as it played over and over like a broken record. A sudden voice spoke in her head, a voice she dreaded to hear as her past spoke to her.

“All you do is bring death to the people around you.” 

The words harsh but true hit her harder than before, the village chief a close friend of the captain for quite sometime. If only she didn’t entrust the duty to him, would he have survived? 

Would the whole village still be alive?

Just then Icarus came flying back towards the ship as it brought Tiffany out of her train of thoughts. She watched as the pink bird landed on Yoona’s arm followed by brief silence between the bird and it’s owner.

Yoona’s face was suddenly striken with guilt before she turned towards the captain. Yoona shuffled herself towards the wheel and shook her head with regret.

“I’m sorry Tiff...no one survived Adam’s wrath.” Yoona spoke with her tone filled with both anger and disappointment.

“I guess we have to deal with a bigger army now...” Tiffany sighed.

“Is that all that is troubling you?” A sudden voice caught the captain’s attention.

Umji stood a few feet away from the captain after over hearing the conversation between the her and Yoona.

“An entire village perished and you are worried about dealing with a bigger army. Don’t you feel even the slightest of guilt?” Umji continued expressing her thoughts.

“I do not have the time to mourn for those lives that we could not save, right now they are after us with a stronger force than before.”

Umji covered the gap between them and grabbed Tiffany’s collar staring straight into her eyes.

“Men. Women. Kids. All dead and all you care about is the increasing army against us. We should have stayed and fight, we could have won, don’t you feel guilty for their deaths.” Her voice was cold and harsh.

A pool of water formed underneath Tiffany which slowly spreaded out below Umji who didn’t seem to notice it at all. With a snap of a finger the water shot out from beneath her and wrapped itself around all her limbs.

Umji was forced to release her grip as the water held her in place. Yuju reached for her daggers but couldn’t move as the liquid summoned by the captain held her in place, in fact all the sisters were binded, unable to move.

“I can’t break through this...” Yuju grunted as she tried to use her powers to escape her shackles as her eyes glowed purple from her efforts.

“Tiffany what are you doing?” Taeyeon questioned as she walked next to the captain who didn’t even acknowledge her.

“Aye. We could have stayed back and fight, but the odds were against us no? He had the upper hand mate, he ambushed us and gave us no winning choice.” Tiffany said.

“Adam is the walking god of death, the only way to kill him is with the shot of his own magic crossbow. Anything less will just hurt him, but he’ll just keep getting back up.” Taeyeon added.

“Plus with Sooyoung’s speed, they can take us out in less than a second. Thomas maybe useless on land but the other two can dominate us if we engage without a plan.” Yoona said it this time.

“What happened between you and your brother, why is he out there causing so much destruction.” Yerin spoke out from behind and an immediate look of grief struck all three of them.

The captain decided to release the girls from her watery trap, she paced back to her wheel grabbing a wooden crate on her way. She slumped down on the crate with her elbows resting on both of her knees hands dangling in front of her.

“All three of them were like family once, we all grew up together.” Tiffany replied with a deep sigh.

“Care to elaborate further?” Sowon said as she stepped forth from the group.

Tiffany eyed the tall warrior in red from top to bottom contemplating, in the end she nodded her head with another heavy sigh.

“Very well grab a crate landlubbers and i’ll tell you a quick tale of our past.”

“We all grew up together in an orphanage, apprently people didn’t want to keep descendants as children. My brother and i met Yoona, Adam, Taeyeon and Sooyoung at the orphanage and became friends almost instantly because of our common backgrounds.” The captain spoke each word filled with grief as she struggled to continue the story.

“We were close, spent our entire childhood together, playing, hunting, fighting. We were our own small family and everything, we had each other’s back and no one left the other behind. 

Then it changed, Adam and Thomas ventured deeper into the knowledge of their powers and felt like they have more to life than being unwanted children. They found out about the artifact so powerful that even the gods fear whoever weilds it.

The both of them got too fervent and determined that they changed completely, they were bloodthirsty and kept on asking us to join them but we knew immediately it was wrong.

Taeyeon had already left the orphanage at that time to venture on her own and Yoona, Sooyoung and i were against the idea but things took a turn for the worst.

Sooyoung fell in love with Thomas, got swept off her quick feet, she ended up joining them leaving Yoona and I who oppose them.” Tiffany stopped speaking at this point as she choked on her own words.

She tried to speak but no words coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter