The Secret Is Out

The Sisters Grimm - Call Of The Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


Yerin staggered down to the lower deck carefully dragging each of her sister’s unconscious bodies over her shoulder escorting them to their hammocks one by one. As she laid them down she noted the same look of discomfort and agony splashed all over their faces ruining their beautiful features.

She sat down in the corner of the room as she watched them rest, she brought her knees up to her chest as she cuddled them resting her chin in between her legs. She thought back to the fight that just ended, how everyone turned against each other swinging their blades recklessly not caring if it would destroy the ship.

Just then Tiffany dropped by as she tapped on the doorfram of their small little room gaining the attention of the saddened flautist. 

“Can i speak with you for a moment.” Tiffany whispered as the younger girl slowly stood up and walked out of the room.

As she stepped out of the room she quickly glanced her head back taking another look at her team defeated and unconscious as she let out a heavy sigh.

“There was nothing you could do, follow me.” Tiffany said as she squeezed Yerin’s shoulder as the girl followed her.

Yerin walked out from the bottom deck and saw that Yoona and Taeyeon were standing together as they watched the duo approach them. From the looks on their faces Yerin could tell that this is a serious matter.

“Yerin.” Tiffany called out as the younger girl looked towards the captain. “Yoona said that you tried to break the siren’s song with your flute, is that true?”

Yerin’s head dropped slightly as she nodded her head.

“But, i failed, i couldn’t do anything. I just couldn’t stop my friends from brutally attacking each other.” 

“Don’t blame yourself, we were caught off guard. I should have sensed them sooner and alerted the crew...maybe you could have saved them.” Taeyeon chimed in producing an equally bitter look.

Tiffany glanced over and noticed that look, she hated it. She hated how that look breaks the happiness she knows that Taeyeon possessed. 

“You’re both jumping into conclusion, no one is at fault. If we were to blame someone it’d be me. The crew’s life is the captain’s responsibility. We should be thankful that the siren’s song doesn’t work on descendants.” Tiffany said.

“The sirens, were they sent by your brother?” Yerin asked meekly.

“No. He controls the creatures of the sea not the demons.” Tiffany replied grimly.

“Anyways, we didn’t call Yerin here to point fingers, we’re here to help you out...” Yoona said her cheerful tone adding comfort to the others.

“Right! We need you to control humans with your song.” Yoona blurted out.

“What!” Yerin exclaimed shocked by their sudden request. 

Yerin looked at her elders before her, waiting for them to tell her that this was all just a joke to lighten up the mood but they just stood there and smiled at her.

“You guys already saw it, i cannot do much with humans, mostly nature. I can’t mimic the sirens.” Yerin said as she fiddled with her flute.

Taeyeon stepped forward and held onto Yerin’s hand making the younger girl look into her eyes.

“You won’t know unless to try it, you just need to understand how it works and do it for yourself.” Taeyeon said.

“You see, the sirens sing at a high frequency at which the soundwaves are able to mess around with the human brain. You can’t hear it, but it’s there.” Tiffany said as she began to poir out her knowledge towards the younger girl.

“So you’re saying that i should increase the pitch of my sound?” Yerin asked again.

“Exactly.” Replied the captain as she snapped her fingers and pointed it towards her.

“Try it on Yoona...” Taeyeon said as she grabbed Yoona’s wrist and dragged her clueless friend towards Yerin.

Yoona looked around in confusion as she was brought before Yerin who was getting more nervous as the seconds past. Taking a deep breath, she decided to try it out after learning more about how it functions.

Yerin placed her flute towards and slowly began to blow a single note, slowly increasing the pitch the longer she held it. After a few more seconds, she began to play a tune that she was familiar with, one she always use when seeking help from the creatures around her.

She kept on playing while staring at Yoona hop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter