A Brief Moment Of Silence

The Sisters Grimm - Call Of The Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Washed up on the shores of an unkown island, Tiffany laid there on the sandy bed sprawled all over and drenched to the skin with the salty seawater which she summoned to carry her here. The island was vast and menacing with a dense forest which surrounded the humongous mountain it contained.

Tiffany’s eyes finally began to twitch after lying on her back as the blazing sun glared down on her body. She shot up into an upright sitting position, her breath suddenly began to quicken as she tried to collect herself.

“Hey, you’re up...” Umji’s spoke as she stood next to the captain. “I’ve been watching you for almost an hour now, i was beginning to get worried even though Eunha already checked on you.”

Tiffany didn’t respond as if her mind was readjusting itself making it difficult for her to speak.

The queen reached out her hand as Tiffany grabbed onto it and was helped back up to her feet.

“What happened? My head hurts...” Tiffany groaned as her head began to ache.

“I don’t quite recall everything’s a blur after we encountered that giant serpent on the ship.”

“Aye, you’re right matey, I’m rather astounded as to how we-“ 

Tiffany paused mid sentenced before throwing Umji a very worried gaze. 

“Where’s everyone else?” Tiffany asked her voice trembling slightly. 

“They’re over there...” Umji pointed towards the front as Tiffany immediately began moving.

But her legs failed her making her lose her balance as he collapsed to the ground. Umji rushes over and grabbed onto the captain’s arms and lifted her up once again but Tiffany was eager to confirm a thought that she had, gently shoving Umji to the side she continued and pushed past the dense forest of the island till she began to hear the sound of mummuring getting louder and louder each step she took.

Pushing past one final tree, she saw herself facing her crew and the sisters as they all became silent as they stared at her. She saw Sooyoung being tied up by purple chains as they rested her body against the side of a tree. Taeyeon saw Tiffany, disgruntled and confused as she stood there silently and watched them blankly. Umji walked past the captain to join back the others.

“Tiffany, thank the gods...” Taeyeon ran over and pulled the captain in for a hug.

Usually Tiffany would return the hug, especially if it was Taeyeon hugging her, but this time was different. She looked over Taeyeon’s shoulder her eyes sweeping and gaze hovering over every single one of them. 

“Taeyeon...where’s Yoona?” The captain finally spoke.

Taeyeon winced after hearing that dreadful question. Pushing herself away from the captain, she stared into her eyes, a grim look splashed across her face.

“My head it hurts..I can’t fully remember what happened back on the ship...and my mind is all in a mess right now...don’t tell me...did she, really...” Tiffany’s voice died out as Taeyeon just nodded her head.

“She used her powers on us, she knew that we wouldn’t listen to her.” Taeyeon said her lips began to quiver as the words left .

“She sacrificed herself to save us...” Lucas added, his fists clenched and gazed lowered.

“She was a kind soul, none of us ever felt out of place serving her.” Taeyong spoke out as the rest of the crew members agreed with him.

“She loved my food, and enjoyed watching me cook...” Mark added as the young crew member began to shed a tear.

Tiffany couldn’t believe what she was hearing, no, she refused to. It was all too sudden. Taeyeon then reached into her pocket and pulled out a crumpled and wet piece of paper and handed it to the captain.

“We found this on you when we were washed up, you gripped it tightly in your hands. It has Yoona’s hand writing on it, i think she wanted you to read this.” 

Tiffany stared at the paper and with a simple glance knew all too well as to what this letter would contain. She reached out to it hands shaking but then she snapped, she swatted the paper out of Taeyeon’s hand as the note flew away. 

Everyone watched in shock at the captain’s sudden action. Eunha reacted quickly catching the note mid air woth her telekinetic ability. 

“No! Not till i confirm it myself. She is still alive, my Yoona will not die on us so easily!” Tiffany exclaimed arms flailing.

“You!” Tiffany spat as she walked towards Sooyoung. “You did this to her, you drove Yoona to her death. How could you! She cared for you, even though you hurt her times and times again she still thought about you! It should have been you...”

Sooyoung didn’t reply but instead just looked away Tiffany was enraged to see a drop of tear flowing down Sooyoung’s face.

“Tears...what a load of ! You should be shedding blood instead of your tears.” 

Tiffany raised her hand as Sooyoung braced herself. But, the captain stopped as the conversation she had with Yoona suddenly came to her mind.

“Tiffany don’t.” Taeyeon spoke.

“I know, i won’t, i already promised Yoona...” Tiffany dropped her hand and stepped away.

“Tiffany, i know it’s hard-“ 

“You know not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter