The Call Of The Gods - Part 1

The Sisters Grimm - Call Of The Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chap 39


Sooyoung watched from the tree she was placed under, the look of hope glimmered in each and everyone of their faces. She hated it. She hated that they were getting overzealous and confident in themselves. 

She doesn’t get it, they knew how powerful Thomas was, they saw what he can do, the power he has over others and yet they still put themselves out there. Acting as the final line of defence between him and his goals.

If there was one thing about Thomas that Sooyoung knew about was that. Whatever Thomas wants, he gets, let no man stop him or face his wrath.

Her train of thoughts was disrupted by a soft whining sound, she turned to her left and saw Fenris sitting on his hind legs and staring at her. 

“Get lost beast!” Sooyoung snarled at the wolf which just stood still watching her.

She glared back at the wolf trying to get it to leave her but Fenris just tilted its head at her before slowly moving towards her.

Fenris began to rub its head against Sooyoung’s body letting out small whining sounds as it tries to earn the affection of the corrupted pirate. The confused girl just sat there as she tried to slither away but instead just writhed as the purple chains held her in place.

“That’s strange...” Sowon’s voice sounded as the tall girl stood in front of Sooyoung.

Sowon didn’t do anything but watch as her pet began nuzzling against Sooyoung especially in the area around her back. Scratching her chin in bewilderment, she whistled Fenris over as the wolf obediently followed. 

Sowon knelt down and began rubbing Fenris face as the wolf happily enjoyed the touch of its best friend. 

“Is everything alright?” Taeyeon said as she walked towards them.

Taeyeon’s gaze travelled from Sowon and Fenris to Sooyoung as the descendant of Hermes kept on avoiding eye contact. Sowon walked over towards Sooyoung and knelt down next to her, she reached out and tapped gently on Sooyoung’s back as the latter flinched and hissed out in pain.

“As expected. Yuju...” Sowon called as Yuju appeared resting on the tree branch above them. “Release her...” 

Yuju tilted her head in confusion unsure if her ears had betrayed her after hearing Sowon’s words. 

“What?” Taeyeon chimed in surprised at Sowon’s sudden actions.

“Just trust me, and bring Eunha over...” 

Taeyeon went ahead as Yuju waved her hands letting the purple chains which bound onto Sooyoung slowly fade away. Sooyoung rubbed her wrist and stretched out her legs. 

“Dangerous move kid, I can easily take on all of you and give Thomas his well deserved victory.” Sooyoung spat but Sowon just kept a blank stare.

“Then do it, go ahead, take us all out.”

Sooyoung glared at the tall girl in front of her, she wanted to kill all of them but her body froze her legs refusing to move as she continued to stare down at her.

“You could, but you won’t...” Sowon said ending their little conversation there just in time as Taeyeon returned with both Eunha and Tiffany.

The captain stood there staring at her unbound captive while folding her arms in front of her. 

“You called for me?” Eunha asked as she looked up to face the taller girl.

“Lift up her shirt and see for youself.” Sowon walked away after instructing as Eunha moved over.

She lowered herself to Sooyoung’s level and reached out to grab the fabric of her top. Sooyoung tried her best to move away but found it useless as Eunha slowly began to raise her top.

Sooyoung tried to oppose Eunha by blocking with her elbow but once Eunha caught a glimpse of redness she immediately jerked the fabric upwards.

The girls broke out into a chorus of gasps while Sowon just averted her gaze. Sooyoung’s back was covered with bloodied bruises and vicious cuts. Sooyoung looked at them as her breath began to quicken, her pupils jumping back and forth before she smacked Eunha’s hands away and quickly pulled her top back down.

“I...you...he...” Sooyoung’s words were caught in . “I don’t need your pitiful gazes!” She screamed and scambled to her feet.

By now all were staring at the scene with the rest of the sisters rushing over. Sooyoung tried to run away but purple chains were already crawling up her ankles locking her in place. 

Yerin walked over and forcefully gripped onto Sooyoung’s shoulder and pushed her down. Sooyoung screamed in agony as she was brought to her knees.

“Yerin stop!” Sowon exclaimed and pulled Yerin away from her.

“What’s your problem!” Yerin chided.

“Yuju hold her down but make sure you avoid her back.” Sowon ordered

Yuju nodded her head as she controlled the chains making them stop near her torso.

Eunha rushed over and lifted her top once again revealing her scars to everyone. Sooyoung heard their gasps and felt their stares and began to quiver slightly as an unknown emotion began to overwhelm her.

Eunha traced her fingers along the bruises on Sooyoung’s back with a dusgusted look pasted on her face. 

“These scars are as recent as this morning. How did you manage to sustain this much damage?” Eunha asked.

“I’ll tell you how, it was Thomas-“ 

“Shut up!” Sooyoung yelled back at Sowon her body trembling with a mix of enotions. “He wouldn’t hurt me on accident, unless i disappointed him.”

“He shouldn’t even be hurting you at all!” Tiffany shouted back with irritation.

“Eunha please heal her, and Sowon, how did you know?” Tiffany continued

“Actually it was Fenris who discovered it captain, Fenris must have sniffed out the fear that Sooyoung had and the fact that he went over to comfort her tells me that she has a good heart as well. My Fenris is a smart one.” Sowon said praising as her wolf sat next to her with pride.

“Fear? Please, surely you jest...” Sooyoung said with a shaky voice.

“Really? Then explain why you didn’t even try to break free even though you were being held captive...” Sowon paused for a second waiting for a possible reply but carried on eventually.

“Because you knew that no matter where you may be, you will always be safer as long as you are far away from him. Deep down you are crying for help.” 

The silence was deafening, everyone stood amazed by Sowon’s intuition, all except Sooyoung whom slowly sunk to her knees. Sooyoung’s eyes were cast downwards, the harsh words swarming in her mind clouding all her thoughts and perceptions she once had of the man she loved the most.

She began to doubt herself, her eyes began to tear as she desperately tried to recall the good moments she once had with him. She could remember the times they laughed as they sailed the seas, his praises that he showers her with constantly and the love that he definitely had for her.

“He loves me...and i love him...” Sooyoung’s words were soft yet resolute.

Now she was afraid, she was overwhelmed as she breathing began to quicken. The only thing in her head right now was her beloved Thomas. She believed that he would protect her.

“I need to go back to him...” Sooyoung cried as she turned back to face them.

She began crawling on her knees as she shuffled her chained up legs over towards Tiffany and began crying at her feet begging that they would let her return to Thomas qnd to be reunited with the man who ‘loves’ her.

Everyone eyed her, the girl betrayed by her emotions begging to return to her tormentor. A sad fate indeed for a descendant of a mighty god.

Tiffany couldn’t bare watching much longer as she too dropped to her knees and lifted up Sooyoung’s chin so that their eyes can meet. 

“Look at yourself! What has become of you? The Sooyoung i knew and grew up with wasn’t like this, she wouldn’t just stand there and get a beating...you really just-“ 

Tiffany’s mind stopped working there as the words stopped forming sentences in . She saw Sooyoung’s face and the cluster of emotions plastered on it, the fear of the truth and the embarrassment of being discovered.

“Fine. I’ll let you go.” 

“Tiffany.” Taeyeon stepped in but stopped by Tiffany herself.

“But not until you get treated by Eunha, let her heal you and then you can run off to wherever you want to go...” 

“You’re healing me, but i’m your enemy...” 

“Aye matey you are, but, I promised someone that i would save you. So i’ll do as much as i can.” Tiffany said as she stood up and signaled Eunha to come closer.

Eunha scrambled quickly to Sooyoung’s side as her hand began to glow green. Sooyoung stared at Eunha’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter