Overcoming The Storm

The Sisters Grimm - Call Of The Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chap 34


The Dunkleosteus kept on sailing towards the massive hole on the surface of the waters, the storm continued to rage on with everyone on board struggling to keep the boat a float. The sails were about to give way as lightning continued to break off small parts of the ship with the raging sea waters spewing all over the deck.

Eunha decided to help out a bit as she pushed her hands out towards the dark sky creating a giant white barrier which protected the ship from the lightning. 

Yuju still remained on the top of the mast as her dagger kept the main sail in tact, the wind continued its ruthless assault on her but she held on tightly as she gritted her teeth and braved through the pain.

Tiffany had it worse with her powers dampened due to the strong unpredictable currents she only had her experience as a ship captain to rely on. Her hands gripped tightly onto the wheel of the ship making vigorous turns as she continued to shift the direction of the ship away from the whirlpool.

Countless times, the waves hit against the side of the ship knocking Tiffany away from the wheel, but each time she got back up and continued.

“Tiffany! We’re getting a bit too close to the whirlpool! Do you have a plan?” Taeyeon asked.

Tiffany didn’t answer, her focus was completely on steering the ship away from total destruction.

“Tiffany, we need a plan!” 

“I know! I can’t control the waters from here-“ 

Tiffany paused mid sentence coming up with an insane idea, she turned to face Taeyeon and let out a small smirk a look Taeyeon was very familiar with. 

“That look, don’t do something that you might regret...” Taeyeon sighed as Tiffany moved away from the wheel.

“It’s the only plan i have. Here take the wheel.” Tiffany said as she reeased the wheel from her grasp causing the ship to jerk sharply.

Taeyeon then threw herself towards the wheel as she fought to gain back control over the ship. By now the ship was getting dangerously close to the whirlpool, Tiffany stood by the edge of the ship as she gazed down towards the dark raging waters.

“Whatever you’re planning to do, do it quick and no matter what. I expect to see you back here when this is all over.” Taeyeon said her words calm despite the worry she was feeling.

“Don’t worry, i’m the descendant of the god of the seas. The waters are like my playing field.”

With that being said, Tiffany leaps off the edge of the ship and dived straight down into the waters. Using her powers she pulled herself down deeper into the dark waters below the chaos on the surface. Once she had descended she slowly opened her eyes and saw the monstrous shape of the whirpool which sent a chill down her spine.
The size of the whirpool was so huge that it looked as if it could swallow a whole kingdom, imagine what it could do to a mere ship. She got back her focus and pushed her hands forward reaching out towards the whirpool.

“I can feel it, the whirlpool, i must close it up so that the Dunkleosteus can safely pass through it.” 

Tiffany thought to herself as she felt the edges of the whirpool on the tip of her hands. Mustering everything she had, she tried to close it up but she couldn’t do much, she looked up and saw the ship inching slowly towards the edge of the whirlpool.

Her heart began to beat faster, she began to panick as she continued to try and close it up. 

“I have to do this, i won’t let them die on me...It’s now or never, i’m sorry Taeyeon.” 

She closed her eyes and pushed her palms together as she began to recite a prayer in her head.

“Almighty Poseidon, Emperor of the seas, i beseech thee, lend me your powers so that i may do the impossible, unlock my divine powers and allow me to take over your domain so that i can grant my friends a safe passage through this calamity. For i am your descendant.” 

Back on the ship, everyone was still scarmbling around the deck as the continous assaults of the waves pushes the ship closer and closer towards their impending doom, Eunha’s barrier which has been protecting the ship from the relentless lightning strikes already had multiple holes and cracks on it.

Yuju was also losing her grip on the mast as her arms began to sore but she fought through the pain and held on wirh gritted teeth determined to keep the sail attached to the mast at all times. But wirh a great force the ship began to sharply tilt forwards causing everyone to be thrown towards the front of the ship.

Yuju watched in horror from where she held firm as bodies were being thrown around the deck as the Dunkleosteus entered the whirlpool. Sowon and E

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter