My Song About Yoo (NoJamBros)

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

A/N - This is a prompt from tinajaque - show her/him/them some love!

 

My Song about Yoo (NoJamBros)

 

Dahyun was in the practice room having a very detailed discussion about music with Lisa and Jennie, the bell was going to go soon and there was no sign of Jeongyeon or Chaeyoung - not that she thought there would be. Neither girl had been around all of last week and it was beginning to get very frustrating. It had been Jeongyeon’s idea to start a band years ago, Chaeyoung had started learning the drums while both she and Dahyun had been perfecting their instruments for years. Usually the trio were inseparable but lately things had been really weird.

 

Jeongyeon burst into the practice room happier than she’d been since the party. Dahyun looked up from where she had been discussing classical music with Lisa and Jennie, eyeing her giddy friend as she began to set up her guitar, tuning it by ear as she often did. Ever since Chaeyoung and Mina had kissed at the party the older girl had been avoiding her so called favourite dongsaeng. This had led to Dahyun spending more time with their other friends: Jisoo, Jennie, Lisa and Rose (aka other Chaeyoung) and Chaeyoung to spend more and more time with Mina. Jeongyeon didn’t deal with change very well, usually she would drop off the face of the earth for a while and either trash her room or write a new song.

 

From the beaming smile Dahyun saw, it could have been either.

 

On Jeongyeon’s part she had finally stopped feeling weird about Chaeyoung kissing someone, she hadn’t stopped fantasizing about stabbing Mina but that was what it was. She skipped school all of last week in order to process how she felt. She refused to believe that she had a crush on Chaeyoung, what she had felt was only to be felt by an older sister, right? She was just being protective. There was no way in hell that Jeongyeon could actually be attracted to her small friend. So once this conclusion was reached Jeongyeon had become inspired and that same day she had sat down and written a song.

 

“Dahyun-ah!” Jeongyeon called, “Listen to this:”

 

She lifted her guitar and began strumming.

 

Picture frames and aeroplanes,

Now your just to far away,

I wanna call, don’t know what to say,

Not that you’d wanna talk anyway.

A big laugh, you roll your eyes,

I love to hear it every time,

But I’m scared when we’re old,

You’ll leave me back here again.

 

I still have your old sketchbook you left one Friday night,

When I’m alone and I’m scared I like to hold it tight,

Maybe I’m dreaming, will this nightmare never end,

Because you’re in love with her and I’m in love with my best friend

 

Wait, wait!” Dahyun interrupted, “What was that?”

 

“The song I’ve been writing the past few weeks.” Jeongyeon explained,

 

“No I meant the last line.” Dahyun facepalmed, “You’re in love with your best friend?”

 

Jeongyeon looked at the inhabitants of the room in confusion, “Well yeah, it’s the theme of the song.”

 

“It’s a song.”

 

“Thanks for your input Lisa,” Jeongyeon glared at her, “.”

 

“But haven’t you realised who it’s about?” Dahyun asked,

 

“.…Who?” Jeongyeon asked in return, still very confused,

 

“Okay let’s try it a different way,” Jisoo reasoned, who do you know who can relate the most to the line: I still have your old sketchbook you left one Friday night?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“Chaeyoung you idiot!”

 

“Yes,” Dahyun sighed, “Thank you, Lisa.”

 

“Which means her would be….”

 

“Mina.”

 

“And my best friend would be.”

 

“Chaeyoung.”

 

“Haven’t we been over this?” Lisa asked,

 

“THANK YOU LISA!” The room chorused,

 

Lisa pouted, “I was just saying.”

 

Later that day Jeongyeon sat in science, not listening to whatever it was the teacher had been saying. Instead she chose to think over the song she had written all of last week. Why would she have written a sappy love song about Chaeyoung? Why would she have written a sappy love song AT ALL? Could she be lying to herself? Jeongyeon thought over her behaviour the last few weeks: the extra protectiveness, the jealousy over her and Mina’s friendship, attacking Tzuyu. If Jeongyeon did like Chaeyoung then that would explain a lot of things but she couldn’t be. She just….couldn’t be. The bell startled her when it rang, causing Nayeon who was on the desk next to her to send her a funny look.

 

Not wanting to draw more attention to herself Jeongyeon stood up and quickly packed up her things, leaving the class the second she could. The whole way to her locker she just kept reminding herself that she didn’t love Chaeyoung, that she could not be in love with Chaeyoung. That one crappy love song did not automatically mean that she, Yoo Jeongyeon, was anything more that infatuated----

 

CRASH

 

Chaeyoung was sent flying to the floor and Jeongyeon came crashing back down to earth. Quickly she apologised and helped the younger girl up. When Jeongyeon’s eyes caught Chaeyoung’s the older girl began to feel strange. Her chest felt warm, almost comfortingly so before forming a dull ache. Her palms began to sweat which was strange because Jeongyeon had never been nervous in her life. Jeongyeon felt her head spin as she pulled the girl up, hands creating sparks where they were connected.

 

Oh….!

 

Jeongyeon in a moment of gay panic sprinted away, ignoring the calls from behind her. She ran out of the science block and decided to hide out behind the old humanities building - nobody would question her there. As she ran round she slammed her back on the wall and held her head in her hands. She couldn’t believe it, why of all people did it have to be her. Jeongyeon felt like crying, thinking of how ed up everything was. She just didn’t understand how she hadn’t realised until now.

 

“Finally realised you’re in love with the small one?” A monotone voice rang out,

 

Jeongyeon snapped her head up to see Tzuyu on a concrete bench, watching her, taking a long drag of her cigarette.

 

“H-How’d you…?”

 

Tzuyu pointed to the dull bruise that had yet to fade by her eye, “It was pretty easy to deduce when you beat me up.”

 

“Yeah,” Jeongyeon rubbed the back of her neck, “Sorry about that.”

 

Tzuyu huffed a laugh, “Please, it’s not my first time having my handed to me.”

 

Jeongyeon looked at her, “Didn’t you promise your girlfriends you’d stop smoking.”

 

Tzuyu’s eyes narrowed, “I’m a little stressed okay? I’m entitled to one or two.”

 

Jeongyeon sighed and walked over to join her on the bench, “So what do I do?”

 

“You’re coming to me for relationship advice?”

 

“Desperate times, etcetera, etcetera.”

 

Tzuyu took another drag, “Stop being a .”

 

Jeongyeon went to snap back at her….but she was kinda right so instead - “Can I bum one of those?”

 

Tzuyu handed her a cigarette and lit it for her. Both girls remaining silent, mostly because neither of them had anything to say to each other. Everything that needed to be said was said. Now Jeongyeon just had to figure out what to do next…