Detention (NoJamBros)

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

A/N - Thank you for my GC peeps who helped me plot this one :)

 

Detention (NoJamBros)

 

For the next few weeks Mina and Chaeyoung would join Tzuyu where she was sitting. Sometimes Elkie and Pinky would also be there but if there was anything serious to discuss they’d do so in Chinese so that the other two wouldn’t understand. Mina didn’t want to know, happy that Tzuyu was nice enough not to wrap her up in anything. Chaeyoung however, hated when she didn’t know something. She liked being in the loop and she liked learning about the world Tzuyu was a part of. She thought it was cool.

 

Their friends were concerned. Sana and Jeongyeon’s little fling was long since over. Both groups still occupying the centre table due to mutual worry for their estranged friends. For Sana, she was worried that if Mina and Chaeyoung were together she would have to smile and nod like she had done when Mina was with -face….she meant Nayeon. Nayeon herself was concerned because she knew how innocent Mina could be at times, sure they weren’t exactly ‘friends’ any more but Nayeon still cared for the girl. The power couple, Momo and Jihyo, were terrified that Chaeyoung and Mina would discover something about their relationship with Tzuyu. Momo knew Mina had seen the text she had sent Tzuyu and it had pained her to see Tzuyu look….scared about being found out. Dahyun missed her friend, needing advice about her growing crush on Nayeon. And Jeong?

 

Jeongyeon was pissed.

 

She knew who Tzuyu was, the sorts of things she’d done. Sure, Jeongyeon hated Jimin more than most people but even she thought Tzuyu’s actions were barbaric. Rumour had it she’d shattered both his kneecaps. Jeongyeon couldn’t help but worry about her favourite dongsaeng being in close contact with her. What if Tzuyu corrupted her? Or kidnapped her? Or took her away from Jeongyeon? Not okay.

 

Today about halfway through their lunch Elkie walked over, she greeted the other two politely before brining a topic to Tzuyu’s attention. Chaeyoung was easily distracted by how serious they both looked and then the name ‘Wang’ cropped up. Jackson Wang was pretty much the king of Little China. He ran everything and if you were looking at the grand scheme of things he was the boss of the underworld. Tzuyu’s boss in fact. Chaeyoung would love to see the world Tzuyu represented, get a glimpse of the Jackson Wang. After some begging Tzuyu finally confessed that she would be meeting Jackson instead of going to her maths class.

 

“Can I come?”

 

“No!” Tzuyu and Mina told her at the same time,

 

“Why?”

 

“Chae, it’s dangerous.”

 

“Yeah,” Tzuyu agreed, “Jackson’s not the worst person to exist but he can be pretty intense.”

 

“Woah, so you’ve met him before then?”

 

Tzuyu looked down, “You could say that.”

 

“Please can I go?” Chaeyoung begged ignoring the mood change,

 

Tzuyu sighed, eyes hardening again, “I can’t stop you following me, but I’m not going to be responsible for you if you do something stupid.”

 

“I wont I swear!”

 

“Fine, skip next period and come with me.”

 

As Chaeyoung began celebrating being permitted to attend a meeting with a crime boss, Mina started to worry. Sure, Tzuyu wasn’t that bad and was actually a nice person but Mina knew not all of them would be like Tzuyu. So she did the only thing she could think of, when Tzuyu and Chaeyoung left she bolted towards where she’d seen Sana and Momo going. To her luck they were all by Mina’s locker ready to confront her and before they could do just that she explained very quickly what had happened. Jeongyeon’s face went pure white, she could not lose her dongsaeng. Running in the opposite direction of her classroom Jeongyeon sprinted out of the school, the others following behind to try and stop her from getting into trouble.

 

The group ran out on to the pavement outside the school and spotted their two classmates up ahead. At the sight of her favourite dongsaeng walking with someone else to some form of debauchery caused the older girl to see red. She sprinted towards the duo and tackled Tzuyu to the floor. The taller girl fell with a grunt as Jeongyeon landed punch after punch, she wasn’t hitting too hard but did manage to land a punch or two on her face. Someone was screaming for her to stop, Jihyo she thinks, but she couldn’t. She was just so angry, this was the girl that had taken Chaeyoung from her. Now she was trying to get her to join in gang activities, no ing way was that happening.

 

Chaeyoung was hers goddamn it!

 

Tzuyu took the beating for a while, longer than anyone thought she would based on the rumoured short temper. Jeongyeon didn’t hit that hard, a few well aimed punches to her face would leave bruises but nothing she hadn’t had before. But eventually over the sounds of Jeongyeon’s group pleading her to stop another voice called out. A deeper voice, turning her head as much as she could she could see Jackson watching her. He wasn’t alone, she could see Pinky with him - trying not to run over. His arms were folded as though waiting for her to do something. To defend herself.

 

Like he had taught her to do.

 

When Tzuyu punched Jeongyeon it hurt, the older girl immediately flying off of her. Tzuyu then restrained her, “Touch me again and I will beat the living out of you.”

 

Jeongyeon struggled and suddenly two arms wrapped around Tzuyu’s waist, pulling her into them. Momo’s perfume entered her senses and Tzuyu visibly relaxed. Jihyo watched helplessly, Momo smiling gently at her before sneaking a soft peck onto Tzuyu’s head as she restrained her. Mina spotted it and raised an eyebrow…very confused. Jeongyeon was dazed on the floor, a small hand appearing in her vision. She took it and looked up to Chaeyoung’s eyes, they were filled with confusion and anger. Suddenly, Jeongyeon’s actions hit her and she couldn’t believe she’d just tried to beat up a gang member. Why had she done it? Because Chae was in danger? Chaeyoung was more than capable of holding her own….

 

Why had Jeongyeon done all that?

 

The worst part was, once she was on her feet Chaeyoung wouldn’t even look at her. Momo let go of Tzuyu as she spotted the teacher approaching. They were all yelled at and told that they would have detention the following day. Nayeon sulked the whole walk back to school, turning to moan to Jihyo for dragging her with them when she noticed that Jihyo had hung back and was whispering to Tzuyu under her breath. Chaeyoung was seething, Jeongyeon had been happy to avoid her for Sana but when Chaeyoung was finally about to do something without her she had to interrupt it.

 

Why did she have to interrupt?

 

_____

 

Detention was awkward.

 

Jeongyeon had taken the seat next to Chaeyoung, the younger girl sketching and refusing to even look at her. On the table behind was Dahyun, watching the duo sadly - she knew Chaeyoung loved Jeongyeon, it wasn’t a crush. Dahyun also knew that Jeongyeon may reciprocate those feelings, if today was any indication that’d be a definite tick for Jeongyeon liking Chae back. Nayeon had sat with Dahyun since Jihyo and Momo had for some strange reason sat on the desk next to Tzuyu’s. The youngest occupant was sporting a black eye and a busted lip which Jeongyeon felt a little bad about. Behind her sat Mina and Sana, both texting under the table.

 

“Ms Song!” Elkie yelled bursting into the room and startling the teacher, “That raccoon’s back again!”

 

“I’LL GET IT THIS TIME!” Ms Song yelled, pulling a bat from under her desk and sprinting from the room,

 

Once she was gone Elkie walked over to Tzuyu and grinned at her. A conversation was started in Chinese as the girl looked over Tzuyu’s face in an almost motherly fashion. Jeongyeon sighed as Elkie sent her a glare, “What?”

 

“I’d be careful,” Elkie growled, “There are a lot of people out for a piece of you at the moment.”

 

“Knock it off El.” Tzuyu hissed,

 

That was when Jeongyeon decided to make the effort, “I’m sorry for attacking you.”

 

All eyes went to Jeongyeon.

 

“I was worried about Chae,” She explained, “And after the whole Jimin thing I had a right to worry about her, I mean I lo--like my friends to stay safe.”

 

Friends? Should’ve known…

 

Elkie scoffed, “Please, you don’t know want went on with Jimin.”

 

“I know she beat the daylights out of him for no reason, she could have easily done that to Chae.”

 

“Ohhh I see, you think Mr Quarterback is the victim?” Elkie laughed, “How innocent.”

 

“Ms Chong, if you could please leave the detention room.” Ms Song requested when she re-entered the classroom, her bat covered in blood,

 

Mina and Sana both noticed Momo passing a note over to Tzuyu when she thought no one was looking. The two Japanese girls exchanged a confused look, what was going on with them. Nayeon on her part was sparing looks at Dahyun, internally cursing herself for choosing to sit next to her rather than closer to Jihyo. They hadn’t spoken since the incident in the practice room and Nayeon refused to admit it was because she was embarrassed.

 

“Now,” Ms Song clapped her hands, “I understand you all have been fighting recently.”

 

“We haven’t been,” Sana scoffed, “Chaeyoung was the one who went rogue with a gang member.”

 

“Don’t blame Chae.” Mina chastised,

 

“Why are you defending her?”

 

“Yeah,” Jeongyeon asked, feeling somewhat jealous for an unknown reason, “Why are you defending her cheerleader?”

 

“ENOUGH!” Ms Song snapped, “Now, to get you all to try and work together as a team I would like each of you to write a bio about each other due the end of term. No generic statements and if you do it I will add it as extra credit.”

 

“Bull.” Tzuyu muttered,

 

Ms Song looked at her, “May I remind you Ms Chou, you are on your final warning. I could expel you for this fight…”

 

“It wasn’t a fight, Jeongyeon kicked her .” Dahyun snickered,

 

“Still, you wouldn’t want to be kicked out of school and possibly lose your education VISA right?”

 

Tzuyu glared but said nothing.

 

Jeongyeon sighed, she’d really shot herself in the foot this time. Now not only did she have to do this stupid project, Chaeyoung was refusing to talk to her. Sometimes she wished she’d taken her mothers option of Catholic school, much less gay drama.