Gang Love Stories Never End Well (MoJiTzu)

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

So this chapter was going to be different but then I got prompts from EVERYWHERE so I can’t remember who said what but I know that: bore_d1020 and Lifewithoutmichaeng were among the many.

 

Gang Love Stories Never End Well (MoJiTzu)

 

Jihyo and Momo were nervous.

 

This was the first time they had knocked on the old wooden door to the boarding house when they knew Tzuyu wasn’t likely to be home soon. They hadn’t come here to see her, they were here because they needed to talk to someone else. Truth was Tzuyu was not herself recently, something was very wrong with their girl and neither of them knew what to do. Tzuyu was never vocal about her feelings and the duo had learned very quick how secretive she was, over the years they had learnt Tzuyu’s little mannerisms so that they knew when to comfort her but even that was hit and miss. This time it wasn’t that Tzuyu was hiding something, it was that she was just so cold - even her hugs began to lack warmth.

 

Tzuyu had a tendency to pull away from them and the girl’s would usually go to Elkie to talk some sense into her. But ever since Momo had let her jealousy of Elkie ruin their once strong friendship, they couple didn’t know what to do about their third. Victoria had always offered the two of them guidance, she had been with a gang leader longer than they had and she was always happy to impart her wisdom when it was welcome. It had been what Nan had done for her all those years ago, but that was a story for another time.

 

It was Nan who opened the door, armed with a rolling pin and yelling insults in Chinese until realising who was there. While she didn’t understand her Tzuyu’s relationship with these women (two of them at that) but in her boarding house she welcomed everyone that needed it, she had led her own life she could not question others for their paths. Lucky for them Victoria and Jackson were sat on the sofa in the lounge, the gang leader gone and replaced with a gentle father who rested his hands on his girlfriends swollen belly.

 

“Hey girls!” Victoria greeted, “Tzuyu’s not here…”

 

“We know.” Jihyo smiled, “We’re actually here to see you.”

 

“Me?” Victoria waved them over, Jackson willingly sitting in the arm chair - the duo looked at him nervously as they joined the woman, “Ignore him, we just got our first scan so he’s being clingy.”

Jackson went red, not anger it was embarrassment.

 

“See every ‘big dog’ is a puppy really.” Victoria smirked, holding his hand,

 

“I remember,” Nan smiled, leaning on the back of the sofa - uninvited but welcome, “My Lee was the same when he was alive.”

 

“Nan’s husband was Jackson’s predecessor, known as the Golden Dragon.” Victoria grinned,

 

“He was known everywhere, strong, courageous,” Nan remembered fondly, eyeing the photo of them both on the mantle, “Stone faced but a gooey centre - like that one…” She gestured to Jackson, “And little Ms Sunshine in my attic room.”

 

“Anyway,” Victoria got them back on track, “What did you need me for?”

 

“Actually,” Jihyo began, “You and Nan could both help. Tzuyu’s been…off lately.”

 

“Off?”

 

“Quiet,” Momo added, “Not her usual observant quiet, more like she’s distracted.”

 

“Yeah, it’s like she’s listening to constant white noise - we need to actually get her attention before she’ll listen to us.”

 

Victoria frowned, “Have you asked Elkie?”

 

Jihyo and Momo exchanged a look.

 

“No.” Momo answered, “They were…play-fighting or something and we walked in to them looking…cosy. We made Tzuyu drop her as a friend.”

 

“Ah so that’s why she came to my side of the operation.” Jackson sighed, “I had wondered.”

 

“That’s not good.” Victoria sighed,

 

白痴.” Nan sighed,

 

“I was just so jealous…I couldn’t stand it.” Momo sighed, tears pricking in her eyes,

 

Jihyo reached a hand over and held Momo’s, “I thought they were too close as well but while I didn’t like the idea of making them choose it really hurt seeing her and Elkie like that.”

 

“You’re both stupid.” Nan deadpanned, “I thought it was just the cheerleader but no Miss President is also stupid.”

 

“Okay…some offence taken!” Momo gasped, “What’s so wrong with Elkie being asked to just keep a little distance?”

 

Victoria sighed and tried to find a way to explain, “Elkie’s like a lightning rod.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“She absorbs a lot of the harmful stuff that comes Tzuyu’s way.” Victoria explained, “Tzuyu’s a big dog now, there’s a lot of ed up stuff that comes with that.”

 

“Big dogs fight big dogs, the weak do not survive.” Nan recited,

 

“By taking Elkie out of the picture Tzuyu now has no one she can go to that will absorb some of the pain.”

 

“But she can talk to us.” Momo stated somewhat innocently,

 

“No…she can’t,” Victoria looked as though she pitied them a little, “The same way Nan never questioned what Lee did and I never ask why Jackson walked in later than he promised. Girls that side of their lives is full of horrific things, people like Jimin are NOTHING compared to the big dogs out there. Jackson relies on his boys for that, Tzuyu relied on Elkie for it. If they don’t have people to talk to…”

 

“The darkness will take them,” Nan sighed gravely,

 

“But Tzuyu is…Tzuyu!” Momo cried, “I can’t…she’s nothing like Jackson or Jimin.”

 

Momo didn’t understand, call it childlike innocence or naivety but she just couldn’t understand what this apparent ‘world’ was. She couldn’t see her doing that. Jihyo felt guilty, she was a bit more realistic but had learned long ago to never ask Tzuyu questions she didn’t truly want to know.

 

Jackson studied them for a moment, “If I tell you something will you give me your word that Tzuyu NEVER finds out I told you.”

 

Both girls looked at him and nodded, hesitating momentarily.

 

“Do you remember her getting hit by that car the other day?”

 

Another nod.

 

“That was a member of a rival gang.” Jackson wasn’t going to sugar coat it, “He wanted her dead. That wont be the last time either, plus she has a lot of men serving under her who will expect her to retaliate.”

 

Jihyo chuckled nervously, “Yeah but Tzuyu would never kill someone.”

 

“How would you know?” Jackson asked, letting the question hang in the air, “You ever seen Tzuyu in a fight? Something takes over her, something animalistic - primal. She’s an alpha dog, do you really think if someone tried to hurt one of you she’d let it lie?”

 

Tzuyu stopped hitting her and pulled Jeongyeon up to be eye level, a metallic glint flew from her pocket and came to rest on Jeongyeon’s throat, “If you touch her again I will slit your throat. I don’t give a what you think about me, I don’t care that you’re mad at me but if you bring Momo or Jihyo into it I will hurt you.”

 

The silence was enough for him.

 

“I don’t doubt you love her,” Victoria took over, “I don’t doubt you’re both good for her, but you need to accept that there’s a big part of her life you will never know about.”

 

“But how can we stay with her.” Jihyo whispered, “How can we continue to live not knowing if she’ll come home or not?”

 

“Because you trust her.” A new voice sounded,

 

Elkie was stood on the stairs, “And you’re right to, Tzuyu never does anything that she thinks you’d both disapprove of. She loves you, you like ground her or some . If she tries to pull away just talk about something meaningless…or about basketball she hates the South Seoul Serpents so bring them up.”

 

“Why would we want to make her angry?” Jihyo asked,

 

“Because Tzuyu represses a lot…if you bring up emotional stuff she’ll recede further - keep it surface level and she wont feel as though she’s vulnerable by emoting.”

 

“I never realised you knew her so well.” Momo sighed,

 

“She’s my best friend.” Elkie shrugged,

 

Before either girl could answer, the doorbell rang for a split second before whoever pressed it was electrocuted and cursed loudly. Rolling her eyes, Elkie went to answer the door. A woman walked in, screaming money. She wore a faux fur coat, expensive shoes, jewellery covering nearly every bare inch - dollar signs were practically radiating from her. The woman seemed vaguely familiar and looked over each person with disgust before settling her gaze on Elkie.

 

我在找女兒.”

 

“She’s looking for her daughter…” Victoria translated quietly, “谁是你的女儿? 她叫什么名字?”

 

“Chou Zi-Yu.”

 

Jihyo and Momo exchanged a look…

 

This just got very complicated…

 

…WHY WOULD SHE END IT ON A CLIFFHANGER?

 

 

I’ll answer that question: because I am evil and bored. Now I shall FINALLY begin the first season of Floor Sixteen so please head over there for the next batch of updates and we shall return here soon for the dramatic next season!