The End of Semester Letters

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

The End of Semester Letters

 

The semester was coming to a close and as most of the exams were finished teachers were letting students pretty much slack off all day. Nayeon was sat at the back of her Korean class tapping her pen quietly on the desk, this was her last class of the day and she wanted to go home. As every other student in class talked or doodled, Nayeon just plotted her escape. Dahyun was coming home with her after class and Nayeon was really excited. She was so used to coming home to a big empty house, having Dahyun there made it…bearable. Just when she was about to fake period cramps to leave, there was a knock at the door. A freshman silently came in, bowing to the teacher and handing him a letter. He looked it over and placed it gently on her desk. Nayeon stared at it a moment before opening it.

 

Dear Nayeon,

 

Earlier this year I asked you all to write short bios of each other and here are the ones for you.

 

- Mrs Song

 

Nayeon smiled, she had quite enjoyed doing this for everyone else, it was exciting to see what everyone else had put for her.

 

Jeongyeon: She’s relentless. She always knows what she wants and wont stop till she gets it.

 

Momo: She bought me jokbal yesterday and is nice.

 

Sana: She can ask for forgiveness, no matter how much it hurts her pride.

 

Jihyo: She’s my best friend…..and very self-confident almost overly so.

 

Mina: She shows how people can change x

 

Dahyun: She’s my honeybunch, sugar plum, Pumpy-umpy-umpkin, she’s my sweetie pie <3

 

Chaeyoung: Nayeon can own up to her mistakes and go forward - she’s respectable.

 

Tzuyu: She’s alright I guess.

 

Nayeon teared up a little, especially at Mina’s. The kiss left at the end of the message, underneath the jokbal stains left when inevitably Momo got a hold of It, meant she had finally earned the ballerina’s forgiveness. When she had hurt Mina she didn’t realise that a piece of her died that day, part of her always felt empty. But now just those few words were enough to make her feel life in her body again. She sat there reading the letter over and over again without any mistakes, suddenly forgetting her original plan of faking sick.

 

_____

 

Jeongyeon was in study hall throwing a ball back and fourth between her hands when her letter was delivered. When she opened it she laughed, so loud the teacher shushed her.

 

Nayeon: No Jam

 

Jihyo: No Jam

 

Momo: I want jam

 

Sana: Eh, pretty cute.

 

Mina: My nemisis….

 

Dahyun: NO JAM UNNIE!

 

Chaeyoung: My jam ;)

 

Tzuyu: Packs a mean punch.

 

It was simple but she loved it. She grinned at Chaeyoung’s message, now excited to get out of class and find her. They had band practice after school but Dahyun had bailed so it was probably going to just be a make-out session in the practice room. And Jeongyeon was okay with that.

 

_____

 

Momo was in gym when her letter arrived, her teacher letting her go sit on the bleachers to read it.

 

Nayeon: Momo has a kind heart.

 

Jeongyeon: Can eat anybody under the table!

 

Sana: My pabo best friend!

 

Jihyo: I love her xxx

 

Mina: My other pabo best friend :)

 

Dahyun: She can DANCE es!

 

Chaeyoung: Has nothing but good intentions and childlike glee.

 

Tzuyu: …..

 

Momo frowned, Tzuyu hadn’t written anything. She missed her Tzuyu, after everything that had happened they hadn’t seen her. Momo was always looking for her but hadn’t seen hide or hair of the younger girl. It was lonely, just Momo and Jihyo cuddling. It was warm, but not as warm as when Tzuyu held them both. The dancer sighed, deciding to push down her hurt and return to class.

 

_____

 

Sana’s came during Maths, not that she had been listening to the class at all.

 

Nayeon: Packs a mean slap.

 

Jeongyeon: Pretty hot

 

Momo: JAPAN BUDDY!

 

Jihyo: The bundle of energy we all need

 

Mina: Patient, kind and has been by my side all this time. I love her xx

 

Dahyun: Funny unnie.

 

Chaeyoung: unnie!

 

Tzuyu: Talks WAAAY too much.

 

Sana laughed, after everything that had happened this semester she was ready to have a few days off to sit cuddled up on the couch with Mina. She couldn’t believe Mina was hers, finally. Sure they hadn’t kissed yet but Sana was willing to take it as slow as possible if it meant Mina was happy. She knew that sometimes Mina worried about whether or not Sana would revert back to her snake ways but Sana could reassure her with a hug….or by standing on the lunch table announcing to the entire cafeteria that Mina was hers and she was Mina’s.

 

_____

 

Jihyo’s letter was delivered to her office.

 

Nayeon: Has the weight of the world on her shoulders.

 

Jeongyeon: Best student council president EVER!

 

Momo: Really special x

Sana: Louder than me - and that’s hard!

 

Mina: A great leader.

 

Dahyun: I will follow her till the end.

 

Chaeyoung: Needs to remember she’s not a robot, it’s okay to relax :)

 

Tzuyu: (something written which was scribbled out)

 

Jihyo smiled sadly, everyone had put nice things and she was grateful for that. But Tzuyu not putting anything broke her heart. She’d seen glimpses of her around school and upon questioning Mark confessed that Tzuyu hadn’t skipped any classes, instead going to every one and staying in the classrooms during breaks. Jihyo never learned Tzuyu’s schedule but she could easily find it, but that felt wrong somehow. The older girl could only hope Tzuyu could do what she had to do and come back to them.

 

_____

 

Mina’s note came during Science where in her shock over its sudden appearance she nearly set it on fire.

 

Nayeon: The sweetest girl I’ve ever had the privelage of knowing.

 

Jeongyeon: Looked after Chae, I’m grateful to her.

 

Momo: SECOND JAPAN BUDDY!

 

Sana: I love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu xxxxxxxxxx <3 <3 (not you Ms Song)

 

Jihyo: My saving grace amongst the insanity

 

Dahyun: She a cool penguin

 

Chaeyoung: Part of my “Now Requited Love Club”

 

Tzuyu: Braver than she thinks.

 

Mina smiled wide, it was nice hearing things people thought about you. Sana’s actions had surprised her, the old Sana would have been bored by Mina by now and moved on but this Sana stayed. If Mina thought a kiss on the cheek was too close, Sana would stop. If her hand drifted somewhere it shouldn’t during a cuddle, Sana would apologise - sincerely. Sana just wanted her to be happy and Mina was hopelessly in love with her.

 

_____

 

Dahyun was in the practice room when she received her letter.

 

Nayeon: She gave me a chance when I thought I wasn’t worth it.

 

Jeongyeon: A piano GOD

 

Momo: Squishy, like tofu!

 

Sana: Actually adorable!

 

Jihyo: Keeps Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung in line, thank you!

Mina: Gave Nayeon a chance and made both of them very happy :)

 

Chaeyoung: My best friend, I would be nowhere without her.

 

Tzuyu: Thank you for giving me a voice.

 

Dahyun smiled to herself, she was pretty awesome. But then again, so were her friends both new and old. Now she just wanted this period over with so she could go to Nayeon’s and…….study. Yes, intense, passionate, PASSIONATE studying.

 

_____

 

Chaeyoung received her letter in art.

 

Nayeon: If she can put up with Jeongyeon she’s a goddamn saint.

 

Jeongyeon: She puts up with me - she’s a goddamn saint!

 

Momo: Epic prankster! Though Sana may kill you if you cellophane the toilet in the cheerleader’s bathroom again.

 

Sana: MINA IS MINE!

 

Jihyo: A fantastic dongsaeng.

 

Mina: My un-requited love chingu!

 

Dahyun: SMOL!

 

Tzuyu: Thanks for sitting with me that one time….it made me feel, I don’t know, human. So like thanks n’ .

 

Chaeyoung scoffed, someone who wore lifts in their shoes could not call her ‘smol’.

 

_____

 

Tzuyu was out on the field, posture straighter than usual, hair scraped back into a ponytail. She lifted the bow and drew the arrow back, firing it when she thought the trajectory was correct. Swearing when she only hit an 8. It had been a long time but gangs were stressful and so she needed an outlet now that Momo and Jihyo weren’t around. That’s when she saw Cheng Xiao approaching. The girl handed her a letter.

 

“From Ms Song.” She said in Chinese,

 

Tzuyu grunted and put it in her bag.

 

“You’re not going to read it?”

 

“Nope.” Tzuyu replied drawing her bow again,

 

9…that’s better.

 

“So archery huh?”

 

“It’s nice to have an outlet.”

 

The two chatted about nothing and Tzuyu was just glad for the break in conversations about Jimin. The letter sat in her bag.

 

Nayeon: She’s strong.

 

Jeongyeon: She can get beat down and get back up again.

 

Momo: I miss her…

 

Sana: She needs to come back and make Momo smile again.

 

Jihyo: A soldier, who needs to come home <3

 

Mina: One of the bravest people I’ve ever met.

 

Dahyun: A badass

 

Chaeyoung: More fragile than she lets on.

 

Then the bell rang, marking the end of the day and the end of the semester. It had it’s ups and downs, fights, break-ups, relationships, but in the end that’s what high school is. So much ing drama. Next semester was probably going to be worse but no one cared right now as they all ran to meet their significant others.

 

Bar Tzuyu who stood shooting arrow after arrow at the target, having nowhere to be.

 

A/N - OKAY! So now I will do the next series of Fire Escape before returning to this for the next season: Please leave all next season prompts :D