Sana Has a Death Wish (2na)

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

A/N - A joint prompt from: mistermagic, Grumpycat_ and Wolf_Puppy

 

Sana Has a Death Wish (2na)

 

 

Sana and Mina entered the school on a mission.

 

Everyone watched slack jawed as the duo walked down the hallway with intense power- glares being a cheerleader teaches you to do. It was the glare they used to intimidate the other team, they were two of the top three top cheerleaders. Fierce, awesome, badass…..if you ignore Sana falling into the bin halfway through their walk. Their mission was to find Nayeon and ask her what she knew about Momo and Jihyo’s relationship. As the school gossip Nayeon knew practically everything about everyone, with Jihyo being her closest friend since childhood she would definitely know what was going on in the wide eyed girl’s relationship. Realistically, Sana and Mina would have wanted to discuss this with Momo but they’d need all the facts first. Nayeon was very surprised when Mina appeared to be heading towards her, noting the slight nervousness in the younger girls eyes. They hadn’t spoken one on one since they broke up, though with Sana right behind the ballerina Nayeon didn’t think it’d be a friendly chat.

 

“Hey, Mina. Sana.”

 

“Nayeon.” Sana replied with a stern glare,

 

“We have a question to ask.” Mina cut to the chase, “Is everything okay with Momo and Jihyo?”

 

“As far as I know,” Nayeon replied, “Why?”

 

Mina wasn’t going to go into detail but protective Sana tends to over explain.

 

“We saw Momo getting busy with Chou behind the old humanities building.”

 

Mina smacked her upside the head.

 

“What!?” Nayeon snapped, furious, “They were cuddling last night at my movie night.”

 

“So they’re not broken up?” Mina asked, very confused now,

 

“They will be.” Nayeon stormed towards Jihyo’s student council room, Mina and Sana following behind,

 

Halfway there Nayeon walked into Chaeyoung, but before Jeongyeon could scold her she was gone. Wanting to see what had riled up Nayeon and caused Sana and Mina to chase after her, the trio of pranksters followed. Dahyun ran ahead to try and calm Nayeon down a little bit, but she was on the war path. The group burst into the student council room just as the bell went and a startled Momo immediately jumped off of her girlfriend who had been laying on a desk, pulling her hand out from under Jihyo’s shirt.

 

“H-Hey guys.”

 

“Don’t you hey me, you ing cheater!” Nayeon spat,

 

“What?” Momo asked with genuine confusion,

 

Nayeon spilled the whole story to Jihyo who’s face dropped at what Mina and Sana had seen. Momo went to say something but the girl was shushed, Jihyo instead walking out to where her vice president Irene was waiting to be allowed in. It was awkward silence until the door opened again and Chou Tzuyu walked in.

 

“Lock the door behind you.” Jihyo ordered the youngest, “Apparently you and Momo were making out behind the old humanities block yesterday. Something you want to say?”

 

The air was tense and Mina began wishing she’d talked to Momo first.

 

Tzuyu sighed and looked at Jihyo, “I’m sorry I skipped, but science is so boring.”

 

Wait what?

 

“You told me you’d start going to your classes.” Jihyo sighed,

 

“She was smoking too.”

 

“Thanks, Mo.” Tzuyu replied sarcastically,

 

“W-What’s happening here?” Jeongyeon asked, now completely lost,

 

Jihyo smiled at them, “Maybe this will explain it.”

 

She took two large steps forward and pecked Tzuyu’s lips softly. Momo giggled at the surprised looks on their friends faces, it was fun knowing something they didn’t for once. Momo then happily bounded over to Tzuyu’s other side and cuddled up to her. Tzuyu herself looking a little embarrassed at this sudden turn of events.

 

“So…you’re dating Tzuyu?” Dahyun asked pointing at Jihyo,

 

“Yeah and so is Momo.”

 

“But you and Momo aren’t.” Chaeyoung added struggling to comprehend,

 

“No Momo and I are also together, all three of us are in a relationship.”

 

“Oh so you’re polygon?” Sana asked,

 

“Polyamorous? Yeah I guess so.” Jihyo shrugged,

 

“Why didn’t you tell me!?” Nayeon cried out,

 

“Don’t be angry with them, I thought it would be easier from them both to keep this quiet. I didn’t want to ruin their reputations, y’know.” Tzuyu confessed looking down,

 

“Wait, wait,” Mina spoke up, the shock finally disappearing, “So while they get to kiss and be intimate in public you just…ignore it?”

 

Tzuyu shook her head, hating every minute of this, “It but I don’t want them to suffer for my mistakes.”

 

“But after school we hang out and we cuddle and kiss and play games and play bed games---”

 

“Momo.” Jihyo snapped trying to cut her off, “That’s enough.”

 

That did not go as Mina had thought it would, but all the pieces finally fit together.

 

_____

 

It had taken a lot to convince Jeongyeon not to blab about the relationship between Momo, Jihyo and Tzuyu. Sana had been delighted that Momo hadn’t been cheating, it would have really changed her perception of the girl. Momo was a lovable fluff ball, not a cheating liar. After the excitement of earlier the rest of the day had dragged on a little. Sana and Mina were in the library during last period, having requested for their study hall teacher to let them go there instead. The library was quite old and on more than one occasion Sana had imitated the Beauty and the Beast moment when Belle slides across of the ladder.

 

She been kicked out for it but still.

 

Sana was attempting to do it again, slowly climbing to the top of the ladder while Mina pretended not to know her. Actually the main reason Mina refused to look was because she could see up Sana’s skirt and she was already nervous enough around the older girl. Sana climbed to the top of the ladder so that she could swing along, her head peeking out over the top. Before she could start making the ladder slide she spotted a familiar figure in the next row. Tzuyu was talking lowly in Chinese to Elkie, Sana wasn’t dumb - she knew something was up.

 

Sana was very protective of her friends, Momo and Mina especially as neither girl was very good at expressing their emotions - both pushing them down with different methods.  While Sana protected Mina because she wanted the girl to always be safe and loved and protected, Momo was just too naive so she always needed someone watching out for her. Knowing who Tzuyu was and what types of people she knew, Sana was worried for her friend. Scared that even if Tzuyu didn’t wrap her up in danger, thinking about how devastated Momo would be if Tzuyu got herself hurt would be just as upsetting. The Japanese girl watched Tzuyu agree to something, as they turned Sana went to step back in panic….and promptly fell off the ladder.

 

Two strong arms caught her.

 

“Oh my God, Sana are you okay?” Mina asked,

 

Sana opened her eyes, “Thanks.”

 

“No problem.” Jimin’s charming smile beamed down as he set her upright,

 

“Mina I have to go somewhere.” Sana announced quickly,

 

Before the younger could respond Sana had turned and walked away…..was she limping?

 

_____

 

 

Sana awoke to see a white ceiling and white walls. Snapping her eyes around she tried to work out what had happened. Her friends were all talking quietly in the corner, not noticing that she was awake yet. Nayeon was talking with Dahyun about something while Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung played with some of the medical equipment. Jihyo was comforting Momo the older girl looking very concerned….Mina had red rings round her eyes like she had been crying. Then it slowly came back to her. She’d followed Tzuyu for the rest of the day and….

 

Now she remembered.

 

The deal, Jackson Wang, those random guys circling her that Tzuyu fought off.

 

It wasn’t uncommon for Sana to faint when scared. She had followed Tzuyu to some sort of weird meeting and Jackson Wang was there, while she couldn’t understand what the duo were saying the man appeared to like Tzuyu quite a bit. He acted in almost a brotherly way. When Sana realised the meeting would soon finish she tried to double back and escape only to run into some guys in the football team, she didn’t know why they were there. Jimin hated Jackson and constantly bragged that he could easily kick his , the football team and Little China gangs were at war. They had cornered her and she had tried to run….only she had hurt her leg falling off the ladder earlier. They easily caught up to her and then….

 

Tzuyu appeared, where was she now? Was she okay?

 

“You’re awake!” Mina’s voice rang out as she and Momo flung to her side, “Tzuyu brought you to the hospital when you passed out. Your ankle’s sprained you baka.”

 

“What on earth were you thinking!?” Jihyo lectured, “Going there that time of night you could’ve been killed!”

 

“I was following YOUR girlfriend.” Sana snapped,

 

“But Tzuyu knows those places,” Momo commented, cuddling up to Sana, “They coulda hurt you.”

 

At one point everyone else went off for food, promising to be back in a little while. Mina stayed sat next to Sana’s bed, gripping her hand. Silence fell over them, Sana waiting for Mina to say what she was thinking and Mina trying to work out what she wanted to say.

 

“When Tzuyu called me to say she was with you in an ambulance I almost had a heart attack,” Mina’s quiet voice sounded so broken that it hurt Sana to hear, “Do you know what it’s like to hear that the person you love is in hospital?”

 

Sana felt so guilty she missed that important word, she had never thought her actions would make Mina sad. That wasn’t what she wanted, she liked happy Mina - smiling Mina. The Mina she hadn’t seen in a very long time. Sana didn’t know what had made Mina so sad but she vowed that when she did she would not stop until Mina was happy again, really happy….pre-Nayeon happy.

 

“Never do anything that stupid again.”

 

“I wont.”

 

“Promise?”

 

“I promise.”

 

Mina nodded, then paused as if battling within herself and pecked her forehead quickly leaving the room and Sana in a blush. Then another figure walked in, giving Sana no time to bask in Mina’s actions. Tzuyu gave her a cold look from the doorway and Sana matched it, even though there was very obvious fear behind her eyes.

 

“Why did you follow me?”

 

“I had to make sure you weren’t going to wrap Momo up in anything bad,” Sana confessed in a harsh tone, “Momo is too sweet and too kind to be wrapped up with people like Jackson Wang.”

 

“Don’t you think I know that!?” Tzuyu snapped facade slipping, “I love Momo and Jihyo, if I got them wrapped up in any of that you saw today I’d never forgive myself.”

 

“Then stop.”

 

“I can’t,” Tzuyu sighed, “If I leave I could lose my leverage, then I wont be able to protect any of them. I can’t kiss Jihyo in public or cheer on Momo when she’s cheerleading at football games but what I can do is protect them from anyone on the outside.”

 

Sana was silent for a second before sitting up to match Tzuyu’s gaze, “You’ll protect her right? From everything?”

 

“Of course.”

 

Sana nodded, a silent truce being made between the cheerleader and the outcast that no matter what happened Momo and Jihyo were Tzuyu’s top priority and she would do whatever it took to protect them. To keep Momo happy….

 

That’s all Sana really wanted.

 

A/N - This chapter started getting longer and longer so the ending is super rushed I’m so sorry.

 

THINGS YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW BY NOW ABOUT THE TZUYU/JIMIN THING:

 

Nobody knows what really went on.

Jimin sustained a lot of damage though no one knows quite how much.

Only confirmed damage was a busted leg.

Tzuyu had never confessed what happened.

Elkie knows the jist of it and hates Jimin.

Jackson and Jimin hate each other.

 

THINGS YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW BY NOW ABOUT NAYEON/MINA:

 

The were dating and the break up was bad.

Sana hates Nayeon.

Nayeon loved Mina.

Sana made a remark about Nayeon forcing Mina.

Nayeon feels guilty.

Chaeyoung knows something.