Welcome to the Jungle

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

A/N - Hello! Welcome! Take a seat….hurry up….thank you! So this story will run like Fire Escape does. For those who don’t know, I set up a universe and accept prompts from readers to add oneshots to. There is usually a story arch running through them meaning some prompts get a bit twisted, but there is only one rule: It can only be the ships I have chosen. I have stepped away from the Royal Ships this time and (thanks to a poll) have chosen the ships outlined in this chapter.

 

SO PROMPT DEAR GOD PROMPT!

 

(Fire Escape and Paper Plans and Rubber Band Balls will be updated alternately.)

 

 

Welcome to the Jungle

 

Im Nayeon was popular.

 

And she knew it.

 

She was one of those girls who could walk into anywhere and have guys and girls following her. Nayeon was the queen bee, mostly due to her looks and wealth but her power may have helped. Nayeon was in charge of the schools entertainment fund within the student council and everyone knew that the older girl could throw a party of epic proportions. West Seoul Preparatory School was a school with a bad reputation, it wasn’t very strict and the students there were the type of kids you’d tell your own child to avoid. Here popularity was everything and there were three frontrunners of the popularity race: Im Nayeon, entertainment secretary and renowned party girl, Hirai Momo, head of the cheerleading team and dance squad - currently dating the student body president and therefore half of the school’s best power couple and Yoo Jeongyeon, a prankster and to some of the students a rockstar.

 

Nayeon never really paid the other two any mind, she had her spot at number one and neither of them could challenge it. Momo was too sweet and Jeongyeon didn’t care enough. Nayeon actually got along with Momo quite well, the cheerleader was dating Nayeon’s best friend Park Jihyo and they were just so cute together. Park Jihyo was student body president 3 years running and would probably also win again this year. Leadership suited her, she was good at it and people respected that. Plus dating Momo and being Nayeon’s best friend automatically got her the fanboy/girls vote. Jeongyeon got along with Jihyo too so her fans also would vote for the Thomas look alike.

 

Nayeon grinned to herself, fans were always good for swaying politics….and cutting in the lunch line. It was both a blessing and a---

 

OOF!

 

Nayeon’s thoughts were broken as she walked into Yoo Jeongyeon.

 

Ugh you think her name to many times and she appears.

 

“Watch where you’re going, princess.” Jeongyeon snapped,

 

“Whatever.” Nayeon scoffed in return and continued on her way,

 

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes, she hated people like Nayeon. Too prissy and perfect, a person needed to have edges otherwise what was the point of anything. It was why she pranked Nayeon more than anyone else. Jeongyeon rolled her eyes and continued walking to the practice room, guitar case slung round her shoulder. While Nayeon may have dominion over her cronies in the main school block, Jeongyeon had the arts block under her thumb. All involved knew that practice room 1 was for Jeongyeon and her friends only. She walked in to the usual chaos, Chaeyoung was sketching in the corner while Dahyun played some sort of annoying song on the piano in the corner. They were Jeongyeon’s closest friends, having all grown up in the same cul-de-sac. Dahyun was a music prodigy, a pianist with enough skill by aged ten to shake Beethoven. Chaeyoung was a pretty decent drummer and was also Jeongyeon’s partner in crime. The younger girl idolised Jeongyeon (or fancied as Dahyun would often ), when they had been kids Chaeyoung had always wanted to be as cool as Jeongyeon and from that stemmed the small one’s first crush.

 

“You saw Nayeon.” Chaeyoung deduced not looking up,

 

Jeongyeon paused, “How did you know?”

 

“Elementary my dear Yoo,” Dahyun stood, racket stopping, to take a Sherlock pose, “You entered here today at 8:25am looking somewhat---”

 

“Speak normally, pabo.” Jeongyeon smirked,

 

Dahyun sighed, “You look like you just found out someone punched your car with a brick.”

 

Chaeyoung watched the duo argue over the difference between punching a car with a brick and throwing a brick through a car window with little interest. She never had been as quick witted as those two and so chose instead to observe. Sometimes it would upset her to see them so close, but then she remembered that Dahyun knew she liked Jeong (whether the smol had confirmed or denied it is another story). It was almost like Jeongyeon was the only one who didn’t know! Not that there was anything to know…and here comes Chaeyoung’s first downward spiral of the day. She was an artist that’s how it works. Luckily the bell rang, not that the duo heard it over their arguing, so Chaeyoung began walking out.

 

“Should we tell them class is starting?” Lisa, a member of their group, asked,

 

“They’ll figure it out eventually.” Chaeyoung shrugged,

 

Chaeyoung began making her way to her class when suddenly a stampede of buffalo ran her over…..the West Seoul Buffalos. As the cheerleaders steamrolled over the injured girl on their way to early morning practice Mina felt herself step on something squishy. She turned to apologise but Sana kept propelling her forward through their linked arms. Sana and Mina were best friends, which was strange seeing as they were two completely different people. Sana was outgoing, bouncy, flirty and kind of a snake while Mina was introverted, level headed, couldn’t flirt her way out of a ticket let alone into someone’s pants and she’d never had a relationship before. They were chalk and cheese but they loved each other as only best friends could.

 

Except Mina who loved Sana a lot more than a friend should.

 

She didn’t know when it started to happen, maybe it was girlfriend number #472 but Mina had fallen hard for the other girl. How could she not? In Mina’s eyes, Sana was perfect. Sometimes Mina would begin to suspect that her feelings were reciprocated, like when Sana and her cuddled on her sofa watching television or when they were eleven and practised kissing (Sana’s idea completely). The ballerina sighed, quietly as was the way she did everything, these moments would happen and then sometimes as little as an hour later Sana would have someone on her arm. Then Mina would be ignored for a week, then clingy Sana came back. Torture, actual torture.

 

As soon as they arrived in the sports building, the art building had a great shortcut through it, they all made their way to the changing rooms. Mina rolling her eyes as Sana winked and waved at the football players as they passed. They turned to the corridor that the changing rooms were on and both paused: both with looks of amusement. Momo, the head cheerleader, had Jihyo, the head of the student council, up against a wall. Lips pressed tightly together. Mina cleared and the duo sprang apart.

 

“Well, well, well - making out in the hallways? Jihyo might cause a scandal!” Sana gasped over-dramatically,

 

“Oh please,” Jihyo scoffed, “I’ve seen much worse in these hallways.”

 

“I’ve done worse.” Momo commented,

 

“Momo, not helping.” Jihyo chastised with a smile, she pecked the dancers cheek, “Enjoy practice.”

 

“I love you!”

 

“Love you more.”

 

Jihyo then left the Japanese girls in the hall and made her way out of the block. She had a meeting but before that she had ten minutes to waste. A flash on dark hair caught her attention as it disappeared behind the old humanities building. Jihyo knew that was a spot reserved for smoking and other non-rule-abiding activities. Putting on her you’re-in-big-trouble look she strode round the building….and a small smile came on her face when she saw who was there. Tzuyu sat on a bench with a lighter, a small flame flickering out the top, in one hand and a cigarette in looking like a deer caught in headlights.

 

“Tzuyu I can’t keep letting this go,” Jihyo told her firmly, “Put it away.”

 

With a sigh Tzuyu did so, though Jihyo knew the second her back was turned the younger girl would resume. It was nice not to have to act as though they hated one another. As Jihyo was practically the police of this school, along with her legion of power-crazy hall monitors, she should realistically dislike students such as Tzuyu. But the older girl knew Tzuyu’s story better than others, she was a Taiwanese student who had moved to Korea for school. Tzuyu had to be self-reliant and so ended up living in a boarding house located within a majoritively Chinese-Speaking area known as little China. It was a rather poor part of town, full of families who had sold everything to be there, meaning you would do what you had to do to survive. Tzuyu never gave any insight into what she did when Jihyo wasn’t around but it didn’t stop those close to her worrying.

 

“You should really quit that y’know.” Jihyo told her, joining the younger girl on the bench,

 

Tzuyu gave her a smirk, “And why would I do that?”

 

“Because I wont kiss you if you’ve been smoking.”

 

Tzuyu laughed, “Okay, fine. But I haven’t had one yet…sooo?”

 

Jihyo rolled her eyes and pecked Tzuyu’s lips softly. It wasn’t as intense as it had been earlier with Momo, the older girl was very touchy-feely and craved constant physical attention while Tzuyu wouldn’t ask for anything but Jihyo knew when the girl needed her to say something positive. Jihyo adored them both to be honest, not that anyone could know that of course. Jihyo didn’t stay for too long, just waiting out the ten minutes before her meeting - leaving with a promise to visit Tzuyu after school. Before she went in she sent her girlfriend a text wishing her a good day.

 

Momo grinned when she saw it after practice, that little message putting her in a good mood for the rest of the day. When the final bell rung students all ran out of the buildings like they were on fire (which they had been once thanks to Jeongyeon learning you could set farts on fire first year). Momo walked out to her pink car that stood out brightly in the parking lot, before she could get in however she spotted Jihyo.

 

“Jihyo! Get in, I’ll take you!”

 

Jihyo paused, “That’s okay, Mo. I have my car.”

 

Momo quirked her head, Jihyo never usually brought her car - choosing instead to walk. Momo sighed and got into her car, it wasn’t a long drive which was good because Momo gets very easily distracted. A lot of people would call Momo dumb, which she isn’t….she’s just not very smart. She’s a kind heart and a bit naive at times, which is why her relationship was so important to her. It meant she always had someone who wouldn’t let people take advantage of her kindness. She pulled up outside the house a bit later than intended, having stopped for some snacks on the way. Not bothering to find the key Momo walked round to the back and let herself in through the back door, chuckling to herself at the dirty joke she’d just made.

 

Going up to the attic room she opened the door….and dropped her snacks. On the bed lay Tzuyu and Jihyo, heavily making out with Tzuyu’s giant frame hovering over the shorter girls. Feeling immense jealousy course through her Momo slammed the door closed, pointing an accusing finger at the startled duo.

 

“Momo….”

 

“You’re having cuddles without me!” Momo pouted, stomping her foot,

 

Tzuyu rolled to lay next to Jihyo and held an arm out for the Japanese girl who eagerly ran over and pecked her other girlfriend on the lips. This was a weird set up and Tzuyu, Jihyo and Momo had been through a lot to get to this point. But they loved each other, they had each found it possible to love more than one person and they were happy. They loved Momo because she was adorable and a sweetheart, always trying to do her best to make them each know they were loved. They loved Jihyo for putting them first, for always making sure they were happy. They loved Tzuyu for making them feel secure, for always walking them home in the dark or just cradling them after a bad dream. They worked well together, they were perfect.

 

Which is why it hurt that Momo and Jihyo weren’t able to tell anyone that.

 

The main reason had been that polyamory is still a strange subject to most, it could end badly for both Jihyo and Momo who could be forced out of their positions due to ignorance. The other reason was that Jihyo and Momo were a power couple in the school, people disliked Tzuyu anyway adding the risk that people would accuse her of breaking them up which made all of them uncomfortable. Tzuyu’s real reason was that she didn’t want Jihyo’s ethics to be called into question, there had been a few times where Jihyo had let Tzuyu off for things (not often) but enough to cause her to potentially lose her presidency.

 

That meant that after school they’d go to Tzuyu’s boarding house, Jihyo’s house or Momo’s dorm room and spend the night watching movies and cuddling. For Momo and Jihyo is was to make sure that Tzuyu wasn’t left out, whilst Tzuyu just loved spending time with them.

 

When did highschool get so complicated?

 

A/N - Prompts can be about anything in this universe but the core ships will not change from:

NaHyun

NoJamBros

2na

MoJiTzu