Everyone Gets Jealous

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

 

A/N - So I have decided for my own health that daily updates cannot continue, instead I will spend two days on each chapter meaning that I don’t have the stress of finishing them and you guys get better quality updates. I’m really sorry that my schedule has been inconsistent lately I’m trying to fix that!

 

Prompt prompt prompt!

 

Everyone Gets Jealous

 

Nayeon was pissed.

 

That morning she had walked into school late and so had rushed to home room just in time for Dahyun’s morning announcements. Everyone had been so excited for the broadcast that morning as Dahyun had come up with a fun idea involving the entire student body. She had made everyone take these weird personality tests and collected them back earlier that week. Her plan was that she would put them into an online matchmaker and see who in the school is your ideal partner. Nayeon had thought the idea was hilarious at first, in fact they all had, until Momo suddenly clung to Jihyo and Tzuyu - she was crying about the fact that she wouldn’t be matched with both of them, there was no guarantee she would match with either of them. This had caused Nayeon to also worry, what if Dahyun matched with someone else? What if she realised they were better than her?

 

Nayeon could play the part of a confident party girl but the reality was quite different.

 

So she had sat through the morning announcements (mostly about how Herbert the raccoon had chewed through the wires of Ms Song’s computer and so her Maths class was cancelled until she had tracked it down and killed it) and right at the end Dahyun did a countdown for when the text messages with your “perfect partner” would be sent. The rule was that you had to spend the whole day with them (minus classes). This leads on to why Nayeon was so pissed, because when her text came it was not Dahyun’s name…..oh no…..it was someone else’s.

 

Your match is: Yoo Jeongyeon

 

….The hell!?

 

Of all people! Why did it have to be her!?

 

As Nayeon stomped out of class, Jeongyeon stood opposite the door - leaning on the lockers. A stupid smug grin on her face, today was going to . She ignored the annoying girl and left Jeongyeon to run after her as she speed walked to class. Of all people why did it have to be this annoying, guitar strumming, obnoxious…err…a fourth thing!? All day Jeongyeon had been bothering her, poking her with pencils and throwing paper balls at her. How did Chaeyoung cope? By lunch time Nayeon was ready to shut her in a locker somewhere, she and Jeongyeon had always held some form of frenemy status and today was testing it to the limits.

 

But as she stormed into the cafeteria she saw a sight that caused her mindset to flip.

 

When Momo had originally opened her phone and seen neither of her girlfriends’ names there she had been devastated. Those around her assumed it was because she hadn’t matched with Jihyo, but the truth was she had liked the idea of matching with Tzuyu. To finally be able to act lovey-dovey in public without fear. Dahyun, whom she had been matched with, felt kinda bad that this had happened to Momo. So she had texted both Jihyo and Tzuyu to tell them she was going to give Momo a fun day and that she had no romantic interest in her so they couldn’t be jealous. Jihyo had said it was fine and Tzuyu responded with a thumbs up.

 

So as the day went on Dahyun did whatever she could to comfort Momo. She bought her chocolates and gave her hugs, she even bought her jokbal for her lunch. It had helped too, seeing the Jihyo (who had matched with Irene of all people) just using her match as an excuse to do more work towards her campaign also helped since she wasn’t being all cuddly with someone that wasn’t Momo or Tzuyu. You’d think being polyamorous they wouldn’t get jealous but they did, like when Naeun and Tzuyu hooked up - only they could touch each other, no one else. The thought that Naeun had put her hands on one of her girlfriends filled Momo with more rage than she knew what to do with. Momo never really got angry, out of the three of them she was the hardest to rile up. Jihyo would shout and lecture when she was mad and Tzuyu would keep quiet and beat up her punching bag. For Momo, she was all sunshine and rainbows, so on the rare occasion she did get mad she would also get petty.

 

The idea of using Dahyun to make Tzuyu jealous, as she herself had been over Naeun, very much appealed to the head cheerleader.

 

She hadn’t thought about what Nayeon would do when she walked into the cafeteria to see Momo and Dahyun cuddled up and feeding each other. They were so close to each other it was very unsettling for Nayeon, Momo was naturally very touchy feely so Nayeon should’ve expected this but Dahyun being equally so was what made her blood boil. So in retaliation Nayeon pulled Jeongyeon over to the table and deliberately sat on the surprised girl’s lap.

 

“What are you doing?” Jeongyeon scoffed trying to push the older girl off,

 

Nayeon elbowed her stomach, winding Jeongyeon and keeping her quiet. Dahyun was watching them, eyes flashing dangerously at Jeongyeon - the older girl now expecting God to smite her for offending their favourite mortal. Instead of matching the fiery gaze or risking getting elbowed once again, Jeongyeon kept her gaze away from the table. Jihyo chuckled at the display but said nothing, choosing to talk to Irene instead (making sure Momo’s hand stayed tightly in her grip).

 

Nobody saw Chaeyoung walk in and frown at Nayeon sitting in HER girlfriend’s lap. Sure they had been instructed to make things believable but it still stung to see Jeongyeon being so…touchy with someone else. She and Jeongyeon were never the sorts to crave constant skin-ship, they preferred waiting until they were alone to be intimate - mostly because Jeongyeon was the one who hated public displays of affection. Seeing her now, letting Nayeon sit in her lap, well…Chaeyoung wasn’t very happy about it that’s for sure. Noting what was going on, Mina gently pulled her towards Tzuyu’s usual table. She knew no one but Tzuyu and her friends would sit there and both she and Chaeyoung were on the list of people Tzuyu didn’t completely despise so they’d be pretty safe.

 

“You okay?” Mina asked after a moment,

 

Chaeyoung wouldn’t tear her gaze from the other table, “I’m fine.”

 

Mina and Chaeyoung had both been kind of glad they got each other, sure they would have preferred their girlfriends but if not them they were happy spending the day together. They hadn’t really changed too much, they mostly just spent whatever time they were with each other doing their own thing quietly - it was how their friendship worked. Chaeyoung would sketch on her side while Mina would do homework or try to research some new routines. It was simple and they were lucky enough to enjoy each others company.

 

They missed their girlfriends though.

 

Mina wasn’t even sure who Sana had been paired up with, being Momo’s best friend she had already known about the older girls plan to use this as an excuse to make her own girlfriends jealous, a small part worried that Sana would do the same. While Mina could almost always look past Sana’s previous ways, times like this brought back old insecurities. Like what if Sana was matched with an old buddy like Eunha, or someone completely new that turned her head? What if they would be willing to move faster than Mina? Sure they were now able to kiss but Mina still wasn’t ready for anything too heavy, to Sana it must be like having a relationship with a twelve year old. Sometimes Mina felt embarrassed that she couldn’t give Sana the sort of…activities she was used to.

 

It’s not that Mina didn’t trust her.

 

Mina trusted Sana more than anyone. But she wasn’t naive, highschool relationships are unlikely to be endgame and she couldn’t help but fear the day she and Sana would break up. This was something Mina always worried about, the fact that she knew she wouldn’t be the one ending things. She wanted to keep this relationship as long as possible, what if Sana dumped her because she…she was a and didn’t have the same amount of experience.

 

Before she could complete her tailspin she felt all her doubt leave her.

 

“Tzuyu-ah!! You should hold my bag.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because you’re supposed to be my girlfriend for today!”

 

“So?”

 

“So you should carry my bag!”

 

“We both know I’m not doing that.”

 

The duo walked towards them, Tzuyu pausing a second before sitting when she saw how close Momo and Dahyun were. Knowing she shouldn’t overreact and rip Dahyun’s arm out her socket she sat down. She took a careful breath before tuning back into Sana’s babbling. Tzuyu really hated this arrangement, sure she always made it clear that Sana’s babbling made her want to put a bullet in the loud girl’s head but today had made her want to put a bullet in her own. How Mina coped with the non-stop talking Tzuyu would never know. She herself had only come back to school at the beginning of this week, most of her bruises and cuts healed but two horrible scars remained. The word ‘snitch’ on her arm and the gash that had been on her stomach. She hated seeing them. They made her feel empty, the horror of that day returning for seconds before she repressed it again.

 

It was why every time she and her girlfriends made love (or a less cheesy way of saying that) both girl’s would kiss the large wound on her stomach - knowing she was insecure of it. She loved them Tzuyu wished she could’ve spent the day with them instead. Stupid matchmaking algorithm. What complete bull!?

 

“--yu-ah…TZUYU-AH!”

 

“What, Sana!?”

 

“Feed me.” She opened ,

 

Mina hid her smile with her hand and even Chaeyoung was amused at the look of pure hatred on Tzuyu’s face, “You have hands?”

 

“Well yeah…obviously!”

 

“Then use your own chopsticks.”

 

“THAT’S NOT WHAT TODAY IS ABOUT!”

 

“ for you.”

 

“C’mon Tzuyu,” Sana cooed nudging her, “You love me really.”

 

Mina raised an eyebrow.

 

“In a totally platonic way obviously…” Sana finished with an awkward smile,

 

“Do I?”

 

“Well you haven’t killed me yet.”

 

“Give me a few hours.”

 

“Till what!?”

 

“Till I get bored.”

 

“TZUYU-AH STOP BEING SO MEAN TO MEEEEE!”

 

Tzuyu finally looked at Mina, “Take her back…..PLEASE!”

 

Mina shrugged, “Not my problem today.”

 

“You’re both so cruel to me!”