The Beach

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

A/N - It’s baaaaack! I don’t remember who gave this prompt and I can’t find the comment so if it was you - let me know!

 

prrooommmmppppts

 

The Beach

 

“Nayeon stop it!”

 

Nayeon giggled as she took her hand away from where she’d been rubbing up Dahyun’s thigh. The younger girl had kept swatting it away ever since they had boarded the bus. As a congratulations for the amazing exam results students got last semester the school had given them a field trip to the beach during the first week back which everyone was overjoyed about. Nayeon had really enjoyed her summer with Dahyun, she had introduced the girl to her parents on one of their rare weeks home and they had adored the young girl - as did Nayeon’s siblings. Dahyun couldn’t introduce Nayeon to her parents but she had let her brother meet her. Her brother had said that while he didn’t understand Dahyun’s “infatuation” as he had called it, he loved her and would still be there for her.

 

That meant more to Dahyun than anything.

 

Though at least Nayeon was being subtle with her wandering hands, Sana hadn’t been. Whilst she and Mina had still not kissed Sana was, by nature, a very touchy feely person. Due to the teacher on the bus being a conservative Christian, she had smacked Sana with the bible for touching Mina and sent her to the back of the bus. She slumped down next to Tzuyu, not noticing the look Elkie and Pinky sent back to their friend behind them, they were going to enjoy this.

 

“Mrs Kim is such a .”

 

Tzuyu sighed, “Hey Sana.”

 

“I mean if I want to cuddle my girlfriend I can cuddle my girlfriend!”

 

“Yup.”

 

“At least I’ll be able to cuddle her while we sunbathe.”

 

“Cool.”

 

“Ooo! We can swim! I can see her in a bathing suit!”

 

“Nice.”

 

“Oh…sorry Tzu, I know you’re still upset about…everything. I you want to swim with us you can.”

 

“Can’t swim.”

 

“You can’t? Oh my God! I can totally teach you!”

 

“Please don’t.”

 

“Nope it’s sorted, you’re gonna learn to swim!”

 

Tzuyu sighed again, ignoring Elkie laughing at her from the row in front. She had told Jihyo once that she would let her teach her to swim, but she didn’t think that would happen now. Tzuyu could never admit how badly she missed Momo and Jihyo, over the break she had spent her time either practising her archery or discussing tactics with Jackson. Occasionally, she would check social media when alone in her lonely attic room. She’d see the photos of Momo and Jihyo in Japan and her heart would break all over again, they looked so happy without her….which she had wanted, but that didn’t make it stop hurting. She tuned out Sana’s babble and leaned her head on the window. The rest of the journey was about ten minutes and soon Jeongyeon was leading Chaeyoung down the beach. They paused for a moment to watch some strange girls who appeared to be at war with crabs, but shrugged it off and ran to the water.

 

Jeongyeon smiled as she watched Chaeyoung looking for pretty shells under the shallow water. Chaeyoung would get excited whenever she found a particularly shiny or pretty one and Jeongyeon found it adorable. The next one lifted from the icy depths, however, already had an owner. Chaeyoung squealed and dropped the crab, Jeongyeon watching it burrow under the sand. Chaeyoung’s finger was in , her eyes teary and Jeongyeon nearly cooed at her. She pulled the finger from and placed a little kiss to it. Chaeyoung smiled at the gesture.

 

“My lips hurt too.”

 

“It didn’t pinch your lips.”

 

“But they’re jealous.”

 

Jeongyeon leaned in and pecked her softly, Chaeyoung could be cute when she really wanted to be. Then once she had pulled away she had spotted Nayeon and Dahyun nearby - never missing an opportunity she pointed the duo out to Chaeyoung. Her girlfriend immediately forgot the pain in her finger and both girls snuck up behind the other couple.

 

Then the splash war began.

 

There were no survivors.

 

Jihyo and Momo lay stretched out on the sand with Sana and Mina, all dressed in their bikini’s - ignoring the stares the boys were sending them. Jihyo loved Momo’s abs and Momo had overly complimented Jihyo’s s while they were swim-suit shopping - it had led to a steamy moment in the changing room but that hadn’t really gone anywhere. It didn’t feel the same without Tzuyu, they needed their third piece. Two of them was nice, they loved each other a lot - but both of them knew there was something….wrong.

 

Suddenly there was a wolf whistle and Jihyo turned to tell this jackass to stop looking at her girlfriend…but then she realised which girlfriend he was whistling at. Tzuyu had just left the changing room in her own black bikini and Jihyo could practically hear the drool leaving Momo’s mouth and splattering on the towel. Tzuyu was walking along the sand looking like she was in baywatch and while Momo was focused on the way she shone in the sunlight after not seeing her body in so long, Jihyo focused on some new scars she had. They looked deep. She knew there was now a gang war between Jimin’s guys and Jackson’s. For her the less she knew the better and it had been agreed that the school was kept out of it.

 

Tzuyu stood speaking to Elkie and Mark, facing away from the foursome. Jihyo could see a jagged mark in her back just above her tattoo. Like someone had stabbed her and pulled the knife down. Jihyo looked away, this is why she stayed out of it. While her body was screaming to take Tzuyu into her arms and tend to all her injuries, cover all old and new ones with kisses, she knew she couldn’t. Tzuyu had made her choice. So rather than do anything Jihyo gripped Momo’s hand, watching as Cheng Xiao walked over and said that she had heard Tzuyu say on the bus that she couldn’t swim. Momo had to be restrained when Cheng Xiao began teaching her, pulling her to close in the water, looking her up and down at every occasion. She was theirs goddamn it, seeing her with someone else hurt. Jihyo and Momo exchanged a look, it was firm look - they were on the same page.

 

Tzuyu had made her choice, but they had also made theirs.

 

“Are you two eye ing?”

 

“Leave them be sweetie.”

 

Jesus Christ Sana…