Jealousy (NaHyun)

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

A/N - This is a prompt from Choutzudesu

 

Poll winners: Mina (26), Chaeyoung (24) and Sana (23)….this is for the very last chapter in the series and the only spoiler I’ll give is: people tried to warn you all…

 

Anyone who’s done polls for me before know they don’t tend to end well.

 

THE SONG USED IS THIS ENGLISH COVER OF ‘Heart Shaker’ : Heart Shaker - Emily Dimes cover

 

Jealous (NaHyun)

 

They were all in Tzuyu’s bedroom once again studying.

 

The group had made it tradition now to study together on Fridays and Nayeon quite enjoyed it, especially the weeks they had no exams coming up. Those times the group mostly went over smaller bits and spent the rest of the time messing with each other, even Tzuyu had began loosening up a bit more and actually began to laugh and make jokes. The first joke she made took everyone by surprise and they stood stock still for a moment trying to figure out if that had been the intention or just an accidental word choice. The silence had ruined her confidence for a moment until they all finally laughed. Luckily the revelation hadn’t hurt Jihyo’s campaign, a few people in the Christian Society had an issue with it along with few other students who were often shouted down by Jihyo’s supporters….mostly Nayeon and surprisingly Sana who had threatened to cut anyone that messed with them.

 

While the dynamics had shifted a little the group was still relatively the same. Nayeon and Dahyun were occupying the sofa as they always did, Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung opposite them on the floor the two elders helping them with their maths project. Well Jeongyeon was helping, Nayeon was distracted looking around the room. She had been focusing on the interactions between the other couple in front of her, on the outside no one would ever know they were dating. Nayeon sometimes couldn’t understand why Chaeyoung put up with it, but then Nayeon would see it - the warmth in Jeongyeon’s eyes whenever she looked a Chae with that stupid smile on her face. Plus Jeongyeon would always write songs about her and Chaeyoung had sketchbooks full of Jeongyeon. They were subtle but the effort was always there.

 

On the bed Tzuyu was sat up against the headboard, Jihyo laying on her side, elbow propping up her head as she proof read her speech for Cookie Crunch and Momo was on the other side of Tzuyu dozing in and out. Nayeon always found the trio interesting, while they were never affectionate in public they were always linked in some way. Usually it’d be through little looks, checking each other, but now Nayeon could see they were all touching. Tzuyu had her book in one hand and the other was touching Jihyo’s head almost as though she was going to run her fingers through it. Momo had her head on Tzuyu’s leg and her hand holding Jihyo’s. They weren’t interacting but they were still connected…though since Jihyo and Nayeon told each other everything, seeing the three of them all cuddled up made Nayeon think of the stories Jihyo had told her about their more intimate moments and she had to look away.

 

Who knew Jihyo would get jealous of puppies!?

 

Then she saw the cause of her distraction. Sana and Mina were in the middle of the floor together, being nauseatingly cute. Nayeon had been so proud when Jihyo had told her Mina had kissed Sana, she really cared for her and was working hard to get her friendship back, but even without kissing they were always wrapped around each other. Sana was very affectionate but Mina never really had been before so seeing this side of her was strange. Mina was trying to read while Sana attempted to distract her, from cuddling up to her to booping her nose. The younger of the two was giggling and telling her half-heartedly to knock it off, but Sana giggled in return and continued being cute. Nayeon felt like she wanted to gag, they were both so nauseating.

 

But she also felt pangs of jealousy in her chest.

 

Dahyun was never like that with her.

 

She looked at her own girlfriend who was sat on the other end of the sofa doing her homework. Suddenly it felt like they were sat on opposite sides of the room with how far away Dahyun was leaning. Nayeon could still hear the quiet giggling behind her and decided she would copy what Sana was doing. She leant forward over the distance between them and began snuggling into Dahyun’s side. The pianist stilled in surprise at the sudden assault, immediately shrugging Nayeon off - she couldn’t see her book and this work was due in tomorrow. Nayeon pouted at the rebuff and turned to look at Sana and Mina again, Sana was now blowing softly in her ear while Mina whispered in Japanese for her to stop.

 

So Nayeon blew into Dahyun’s ear…using far to much pressure and spit.

 

“Ew Nayeon!” Dahyun whined wiping the spittle off of her face.

 

“Sorry.” Nayeon blushed, ignoring the sniggering from the other side of the table,

 

She looked back one more time and this time Sana was looking up at Mina with puppy dog eyes, the younger rolled her eyes and leaned down to peck Sana’s lips quickly. Despite the kiss being so innocent Sana did a little wiggle in celebration. Nayeon decided to try one last time, she sent puppy dog eyes to Dahyun….who was focused on her maths work and didn’t see them. So Nayeon tried again…..same lack of response. So she elbowed Dahyun in the ribs hard which earned a yelp and the younger girl’s attention.

 

Nayeon pointed to her puckered lips.

 

“No Nayeon, I;m not kissing you after you bruised my lips.” Dahyun snapped, rubbing her side, “What’s with you today?”

 

“Oh I’m sorry!” Nayeon snapped angrily, “I just wanted my GIRLFRIEND to cuddle with me, y’know like how Sana and Mina are always wrapped round each other!”

 

“This is about Mina?” Dahyun asked somewhat hurt,

 

“NO!” Nayeon was now furious about the assumption, “It’s about me wanting you to give me cuddles. Is it to much to ask that we act like we’re together in public!?”

 

“Sorry,” Dahyun sighed, “I didn’t realise I’d been pushing you away.”

 

“Maybe you should’ve.” Nayeon sighed storming out,

 

There was an awkward silence.

 

“Good job.”

 

“Shut up, Tzuyu.”

 

_____

 

Nayeon was laying in her bed feeling a little bit stupid. She shouldn’t have blown up at Dahyun for something so stupid but being surrounded by couples that constantly show affection is hard. She wanted Dahyun to cuddle her in public, wanted everyone to know Dahyun was hers. Suddenly, there was a tap at her window - she jumped when she heard it. She waited a moment but heard no more so she just continued wallowing in her own self pity. But then she heard it again….and again….and again until she finally snapped and opened the window. A tiny rock hit her nose and she yelped.

 

“Ouch!”

 

“Sorry!”

Dahyun was below her window with her keyboard.

 

“What are you doing here?” Nayeon asked rubbing her nose,

 

“I’m sorry about earlier,” Dahyun sighed, “I know I’m not the most touchy feely person ever but I should make more of an effort to show you off - I have the prettiest girl in the world why wouldn’t I want to shout it from the rooftops.”

 

Nayeon blushed.

 

“Anyway, while I’m not as clingy as Sana or as passionate as Jeongyeon, I have my own way to show you how I feel. I played this song for you a few days ago, all about you. Because you, Im Nayeon, are my muse and I love you.”

 

Dahyun began playing the keyboard and Nayeon recognised the song, Dahyun had been playing it over and over for a few weeks as she wrote it and Nayeon had loved it. It was fun and sweet and so….Dahyun that Nayeon had been singing it over and over ever since Dahyun played it in its entirety for her. The older girl could feel the stupid grin on her face as the younger performed, she couldn’t believe she had overlooked this part of their relationships. Like Jeongyeon, Dahyun emoted through her music. If she was sad she’d write a sad song, if she was happy she’d write a happy song. Dahyun had written this song for her, about her and is now performing it to her. She was proving that she loved Nayeon enough to focus all her time creating an homage to it. So as she went into the final chorus, Nayeon joined her. She’d been a soloist in the choir along with Jihyo every year.

 

It might seem strange

But what can I do?

I can’t help that I’ve fallen hard for you

You’re my heart shaker, shaker

Don’t wanna miss out

You’re my heart shaker, shaker

I won’t just wait here like a fool

I’m just going to say that I fell for you

Tell you that I like you

Tell you that I dream of you all day long

That I am in love

And that I’ve fallen hard

 

Dahyun smiled up at her as her music slowed to mark the end of the song.

 

“I love you, Nayeon.” Dahyun said through her beam,

 

“I love you too.”

 

“That’s great,” The voice of Nayeon’s sister snapped from the window next to them, “But could you do your lovey-dovey crap another time? Like during the damn day!”

 

The window slammed and both girls exchanged a look before bursting into laughter.

 

“Get up here.” Nayeon told her leaving to go and open the front door.