Artists (NoJamBros)

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

 

They will leave hospital on chapter 45. Leave nice prompts.

 

Artists (NoJamBros)

 

Chaeyoung had been drawing for as long as she could remember.

 

It had all started with a box of crayons her mother bought her when she was really little. While most children of her age were eating them or sticking them up their nose (hopefully in that order), Chaeyoung learned which colours looked pretty together. She learnt that the colours could mean different things, like if she coloured the dogs cheeks pink it would look bashful or if she coloured its eyes black it would become a terrifying hell hound that would girl five year old her nightmares. She learned that yellow was a happy colour, used for light and the sun. Whilst red was an angry colour and blue floated somewhere between a calm colour like the sea or a sad colour like tears.

 

When she was a little older she saved up all her pocket money to buy herself proper artist pencils. They came in a big metal case that at the time was the coolest thing Chaeyoung had ever seen. She learned quickly that if she pressed down hard with the pencils the colour would be darker and more prominent, obviously before that she had been using her crayons and so had to learn the hard way that she couldn’t erase her mistakes when she pressed too hard. She learnt that with light came lighter colours and she could erase those and change them when they didn’t look right. She would spend hours drawing, making sure every line looked perfect - she developed patience and over time was able to master her art form.

 

From pencils she moved to paints and water colours, clay, marble - you name it, Chaeyoung could make something beautiful out of it. Until she was shot in the shoulder that is.

 

Now she was laid in her hospital bed, arm in a sling, desperately trying to draw with her left hand. To her it felt like she was starting all over again, that nothing she had done to perfect her artistic skill over the years mattered any more because the hand she had trained to do it had been rendered useless. Occasionally she’d snap and attempt to draw with the usual hand, only for sharp pains to begin from her shoulder at the little movements. She was so frustrated, her one stress release gone. Mina and Sana tried to keep her entertained as best they could, all talk of the shooting and injuries were banned. She knew that Tzuyu had been awake too, she was pretty sure the girl was just pretending to be asleep.

 

Chaeyoung didn’t blame her, they all were frustrated about what had happened. Mina had lost the ability to have children, Sana had to watch her suffer without being able to reach out and comfort her, Chaeyoung couldn’t draw and Tzuyu…Tzuyu had some drama to deal with so it was better for her to fake sleeping. Some nights though they would wave their rule about not talking about the shooting, you couldn’t always suffer in silence. Mina had explained how Sana had begged for her life and how she herself had tried to cover the girl so she wouldn’t be shot again, Chaeyoung told them how scared she had been about dying all alone in that room. Jimin had been arrested and was still awaiting trial, his father getting him the best lawyer money could buy.

 

Part of Chaeyoung wanted him to walk free to see Jackson take matters into his own hands.

 

Today Chaeyoung was being discharged so her only saving grace had come to keep her company. Jeongyeon visited from dawn till dusk, not leaving until she was kicked out by the nurses. She come and sit next to her, talk about anything and everything that’d make her laugh. Chaeyoung was lucky to have her around.

 

“So has sleeping beauty risen yet?”Jeongyeon asked nodding to where Tzuyu lay,

 

“Not that I’ve seen.”

 

“Good.”

 

Chaeyoung looked up from where she was attempting to draw, “A bit harsh…”

 

Jeongyeon sighed, “I don’t know, I think I’m just looking for someone to blame.”

 

“How about Jimin?”

 

“Domino effect.”

 

Chaeyoung studied her a moment and decided she’d talk to Jihyo privately. Instead she returned to her drawing, she was attempting to doodle something simple. Jeongyeon watched her sadly as she got more and more frustrated. She herself had been in a similar way recently. Ever since Chaeyoung had been in hospital, Jeongyeon hadn’t been able to play her guitar. Every time she picked it up to try and play, she’d be reminded that her muse was nearly stolen from her. The fear and the grief would hit her and she’d be forced to put down the guitar. Her guitar was her art form, she’d never been able to draw the pretty pictures in her head but she could symbolise them through her music.

 

For as long as she’s known Chaeyoung the girl had been a huge influence over her songs. Once she realised that she viewed the girl as more than a close friend, Jeongyeon had re-evaluated all her past songs. Every single one of them was about Chaeyoung, sometimes the link was obscure with the majority of them being based on little things that she had said one day that for some reason stuck in Jeongyeon’s head. Even in their relationship every milestone helped Jeongyeon to create the most amazing songs, though Chaeyoung made her promise never to perform the one she wrote after they had . “Better than my ex” is not what Chaeyoung wanted to be remembered for.

 

Watching Chaeyoung also struggle with her own artistic release hurt Jeongyeon more than you would think. The shorter girl was growing more and more visibly frustrated, a sight a lot different from the usual chilled out Chaeyoung that people all knew. Jeongyeon watched her struggle for a moment before reaching out her hand, she stopped Chaeyoung from throwing the pen. The shorter girl looked up at her confused, Jeongyeon was watching the paper. Carefully she began drawing pencil marks on the page, it wasn’t a masterpiece that would one day hang in a museum but Chaeyoung still looked at the drawing with more emotion that she could describe. What Jeongyeon helped her to draw was only a shoddy flower, the lines were heavy and it lacked any finer details.

 

“Sorry I thought it would look better.” Jeongyeon chuckled, not letting her hand go,

 

“It’s beautiful,” Chaeyoung told her, “Thank you.”

 

“Just remember that I’ll always be here to help you.”

 

“And here I thought you hated lovey-dovey .”

 

Jeongyeon shrugged, “Sometimes you need to hear it.”

 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and leaned over, kissing her girlfriend mostly to shut her up.

 

“Aww Minari~” Sana cooed, ruining the moment, “They’re so cute together!”

 

“Sana…” Mina warned gently, “Don’t tease them.”

 

“Sorry! I just never saw them kiss before, it’s like seeing Bigfoot and the Lochness Monster ing!”

 

Man Chaeyoung couldn’t wait to leave this place…