You Deserve It (Nahyun)

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

A/N - This is a prompt from MooMooArmy

 

I really need more fluffy prompts.

 

You Deserve It (Nahyun)

 

Dahyun thought it was a great idea.

 

Nayeon had been going on and on about this restaurant for the last month, her parents had taken her there on her mothers birthday and according to the older girl the food was to die for. It was the fanciest (and most expensive) restaurant in town, Dahyun had been saving up her allowance for weeks just to be able to afford the tip for the place. She even took a loan out with Tzuyu to pay another half, she was desperate to get them a table. It would still take another month or so for her to be able to cover the full amount yet Dahyun was ready to put the effort in for her girlfriend.

 

Ever since the shooting Nayeon had taken it upon herself to look after everyone. She even went as far as to open her home to their friends and the family of their friends just so everyone could be together during the aftermath. She wasn’t asked to do it, nobody expected her to do it, Nayeon had offered to do it out of the kindness of her heart. Truth was in Dahyun’s mind, Nayeon deserved a reward for everything she had done the past few weeks. She also deserved it for helping Dahyun gain courage to tell Tzuyu about what Namjoon had told her. Dahyun had spoken to the younger girl at school following her and Jeongyeon’s blow out, things between them were okay at least. Tzuyu had said she knew that Dahyun had no clue what was going to happen, but convinced her to tell her next time - even if it seemed like nothing.

 

Dahyun and Chaeyoung had actually been seeing quite a lot of Tzuyu lately, Jeongyeon didn’t want Chaeyoung going to spray paint cars alone but as she herself had been banned so asked Dahyun to go with her. It was at one of these little spray painting sessions that Dahyun brought up her plan to take Nayeon out for a super expensive meal once she had the money. Now there was one problem that Dahyun hadn’t taken into account while telling her smaller (it wasn’t by much but she was smaller dammit!) friend of her plan. In their group of friends rumours spread like wildfire, especially now that they were back at school and gossip circles ran rampant. So what Dahyun had failed to take into account was that Chaeyoung was definitely going to let it slip that Dahyun was planning something huge. Chaeyoung was her best friend, so in reality she hadn’t expected her to tell anyone except maybe Jeongyeon, who wasn’t talking to any of the others anyway. Following the fight with Tzuyu, neither Momo nor Jihyo were talking to her. In turn because Jeongyeon had hit Momo to start the fight, Sana and Mina were also ignoring her and as Jihyo’s best friend Nayeon was giving her the silent treatment as well. Sadly this meant Dahyun had to split her time between her girlfriend and her friends evenly but until things were squared between the school rebel and the gang leader there was nothing she could do.

 

Anyway, the next day at school Chaeyoung was in study hall with Mina. They had been talking about pretty much anything and everything except the fight which had led to an awkward silence. It was a huge elephant in the room, while it shouldn’t naturally come up in conversation, being conscious of it coming up on accident put unnecessary stress on their talks. So when this awkward pause happened Chaeyoung panicked and spilt Dahyun’s plans to Mina. Mina had heard of the restaurant and was surprised that Dahyun would willingly go somewhere that fancy. Chaeyoung agreed, Dahyun would only ever act fancy around Nayeon’s parents - all other times she despised it. Both girls agreed that Dahyun must really like Nayeon if this was the length she was willing to go to.

 

This is where the gossip train begins.

 

When Mina and Sana were laid on the sofa together that night the younger of the duo had let slip to Sana about Dahyun’s plan. She and Sana had been nearly inseparable since they had finally…done the deed. They had re-entered their honeymoon period - telling each other EVERYTHING. They had also told Momo not to mention their new-found intimacy to anyone, whilst they knew the girl wouldn’t keep it secret from Jihyo or Tzuyu they knew she wouldn’t tell the others meaning they could keep it private for a while longer. Once Sana knew she commented about how sweet that was and questioned if Mina had any dream date ideas like that, Mina had giggled and told the elder to wait and see.

 

Sana then let it slip to Momo the following morning. Momo and Sana were best friends and they never really had any secrets, in fact they’d seen each other accidentally more than they cared to admit. It hadn’t been intended for the secret to be passed on, Sana just mentioned it in passing not really caring about any fall out from it. It was an innocent comment in passing, they were discussing their evenings and Momo had told her she wanted to take Jihyo and Tzuyu out for dinner at this nice restaurant out of town. Ever since Tzuyu had become a gang leader Momo had decided to learn which territories were neutral so they could plan dates in places Tzuyu wouldn’t be shot for walking into.

 

Momo then, obviously, told Jihyo and Tzuyu as they lay in bed together that night. Jihyo told them that Nayeon’s parents had taken them both to that particular restaurant one year for Nayeon’s birthday. She said the food was gorgeous and she’d never tasted anything that good since. Tzuyu then asked if she would want to go again, Jihyo declined - mostly because the idea of Tzuyu either using dirty money to pay for it, or working her off only to waist her hard earned money on it didn’t appeal to her. Momo then joked that Tzuyu should only take them if she’s planning to propose to one of them, to which Jihyo replied it’d have to be a fight to the death to determine who. They then got way to heated and the conversation was forgotten.

 

At least until the next day…

 

It had been an accident, Jihyo swears. She hadn’t meant to let it slip to Nayeon. It had been a couple days since she found out and Jihyo had gotten into an argument with Momo about her forgetting date night and scheduling cheerleading that day. She had gotten heated just taking about the argument and Nayeon was trying to calm her. As the school president got frustrated that her best friend was disregarding her feelings she let slip that: “At least Dahyun plans something special for you!”. Then she was forced into telling Nayeon everything, feeling very sheepish that she had let such a big secret out.

 

So now Nayeon knew about Dahyun’s big plan and she felt horrible. Lately, Nayeon had been struggling with an unfortunate problem. She and Mina had been getting closer, too close. The younger girl didn’t know it, putting it down to them having a new found friendship to replace the heartache that had been there previously. But Nayeon knew that something was wrong, sometimes she’d be sitting with Dahyun watching television and she’d wonder what Mina was doing. She’d see Sana pecking the top of Mina’s head and she’d feel jealous.She’d begin comparing Dahyun to Mina in little ways and Nayeon had NO IDEA WHY. She loved Dahyun, but for some reason Mina was on her mind and she couldn’t get rid of her. Nayeon had spent the rest of the day trying to figure out how to talk Dahyun out of her big gesture, she just felt too guilty to accept it.

 

In the end she decided to meet up with Dahyun that night, as they had originally planned and tell her the truth about how she was feeling. Dahyun was a mature girl and Nayeon knew that if she spoke to her about everything she would probably get the best advice and she wouldn’t feel as bad as she did when hiding her secret. Only when she walked into Dahyun’s house all words left as it hung open. There were rose petals everywhere, the lights were dimmed and Dahyun was dressed to kill. Turns out Jihyo had told her that she had accidentally let slip her date idea and so Dahyun had set up their own luxury meal using the money she had saved and some online recipes.

 

“Hi.” Dahyun smiled nervously,

 

“H-Hi…Dahyun, this is….”

 

“I’m sorry it wasn’t the fancy meal you were probably expecting.” Dahyun confessed holding out a rose,

 

Nayeon took it.

 

“But I wanted to surprise you,” Dahyun continued, “I wanted to give you what you deserved after being so accommodating to everyone.”

 

“I don’t know what to say…” Nayeon whispered, “I don’t deserve all this.”

 

Dahyun pressed a finger to her lips, “Yes. You do.”

 

So that night they ate delicious food, danced together and spent time focused solely on each other. That night when Nayeon was laid in Dahyun’s arms, both following their earlier activities, Nayeon had never felt more content in her life. She loved Dahyun more than words could say, she was just being silly before.

 

And not once that evening did Mina cross her mind.