The Origin of MoJiTzu (MoJiTzu)

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

A/N - This is a prompt from a few of you but namely tinajaque with a small thing for OrangeApples as well :)

 

ADVANCED WARNING: THE NEXT CHAPTER IS WHEN THE POLL TAKES PLACE, IT IS A VERY TRIGGERING CHAPTER SO DO NOT READ IT IF IT’LL UPSET YOU!

 

The Origin of MoJiTzu (MoJiTzu)

 

It was once again Sunday and the group were heading over to Tzuyu’s to study.

 

Momo had been babbling on and on about how dinner had gone last night with Jihyo’s mother as they walked through the snow to the boarding house, the roads being too snowed over to drive. The others were all happy that things had gone well for the trio, Sana especially. Ever since her own coming out she had been so delighted when her friends didn’t have to go through the same thing.Plus now as a small “ you!” to her Dad she was more out and proud on her social media. Rainbows and Hayley Kiyoko EVERYWHERE. So even as everyone else got bored of Momo going over every little interaction Sana egged her on, happy that her best friend was happy. Jihyo had a small smile on her face, trailing behind the others, she too was glad it went well. Her mother had even contacted Momo’s mother about the meeting and now Mrs. Hirai was demanding to meet Tzuyu when she came to visit.

 

Jihyo was so glad Tzuyu liked her mother, especially once she had learnt Tzuyu no longer spoke to her own. The Korean girl had been working hard to give Tzuyu a little support system, now the girl was no longer in the gang she would need more people to ensure she stayed on the right path. An arm linked through hers and she looked at Nayeon, the older girl smiling at her.

 

“So it went well?”

 

“Really well,” Jihyo grinned, “She was so…nice and thoughtful to my mother, she even offered to do the dishes.”

 

“Filial piety.” Nayeon mused,

 

“Huh?”

 

“In Chinese culture filial piety is important,” Nayeon explained, “It means devotion to ones parents. Tzuyu might not be from China but some values carry over. Tzuyu was probably raised believing that no matter who she ended up with she needed to accept looking after and respecting their parents.”

 

Jihyo looked at her, a little surprised that NAYEON knew all these things.

 

“What?” She asked, “My father tried to set me up with some guy from Hong Kong.”

 

That made more sense.

 

When they approached the dark boarding house, looking like something out of a horror movie as the dark house contrasted with the sea of white around it, Jihyo walked to the front with Momo to knock on the door. After a second a boy opened it that they’d seen around before but had never spoken to, he smiled and let them in. Before they could ask where Tzuyu was the group saw something they had not expected. The inside of the house had been decorated for Christmas, a bit early but who cared! Jackson was sat on the arm chair and smiled good naturedly when they came in. Nan welcomed them and asked if they wanted anything to eat or drink, these were not the things alarming the group.

 

What was alarming them was Elkie chasing Tzuyu around yelling in Chinese. Elkie looked ready to murder her while Tzuyu was just laughing at her expense. Nan shook her head at the display, but she didn’t intervene - she began taking bets over who would win with some of the boarders on the landing watching the fight with interest. Suddenly Elkie lunged whilst the duo were laughing at her and managed to tackle Elkie to the floor, the two of them rolling around on the floor play fighting. The group were stunned, Jihyo and Momo had seen Tzuyu’s playful side when they were alone together but never directed at someone else. The rest of the girls had never seen Tzuyu play anything. They rolled around for a few more seconds until Elkie got Tzuyu in a headlock, it was then Victoria walked over and separated them with a smile.

 

女士们,我们有访客.” She said to them,

 

Both turned and Tzuyu blushed a little at being caught, Nan declaring Elkie won and so pocketed the money of those who voted Tzuyu. Jihyo giggled a little while Momo pulled Tzuyu over to them to cuddle her. Momo easily got the most jealous between the three of them, if you couldn’t already tell, but when it came to Elkie the Japanese girl got EXTREMELY jealous. It was unfair really because Elkie was Tzuyu’s closest friend but Momo didn’t like Tzuyu being so close with anyone but her and Jihyo. Tzuyu led them up to her attic room, still red faced, with Momo not letting go of her hand. Once they were upstairs the group took their usual positions around the room.

 

“What was all that about?” Jihyo asked,

 

Tzuyu smirked, “Elkie likes this girl in her gym class.”

 

“You shouldn’t about that Tzu!” Jihyo chastised,

 

“Why not?” Momo asked, “Her getting a girlfriend would be great, then she’d leave you alone.”

 

Tzuyu rolled her eyes and pecked the top of Momo’s head, “It was revenge.”

 

“Revenge?”

 

“She bullied the hell out of me when I started seeing you two.” Tzuyu justified,

 

“Wait…Elkie knew before I did?” Nayeon growled, “PARK JIHYO!”

 

Jihyo got closer to Tzuyu, ready to dive behind her if Nayeon attacked, “Tzuyu told her when she was panicking about what to do.”

 

“How did you three get together anyway?” Mina asked, “Momo told us everything about Jihyo before they got together, you just appeared.”

 

“Thanks…” Tzuyu deadpanned,

 

“Well Momo’s the one who brought it up originally…”

 

“Wait!!” Dahyun shouted, “I thought we already had the flashback this season.”

 

“What?” Jihyo asked,

 

“Nothing,” Dahyun groaned, preparing herself for yet another story, “Go on.”

 

Momo began.

 

I met Tzuyu on her first day, I was helping the head cheerleader at the time look over the incoming freshmen for potential cheerleaders, so I’d come in early. I remember it because I found a wounded baby raccoon and brought it to school to see if the nurse could help it…I put it in my locker but I think her wandered out because I didn’t lock it. Anyway, Jihyo and I had been together a while but something felt funny. It was like we weren’t enough for each other, but of course I didn’t want to bring that up ‘cause I love Jihyo and it wasn’t like I wanted to break up with her. There was just this thing missing. The week before Jihyo had been looking up something in class and discovered this polyamoury thing so we had thought about maybe having a …

 

(“Hot!” “Shut up Sana.”)

 

Anyway I was in the hall while the freshmen were in their first assembly and this girl walked in. She was this goddess who looked like she literally fell from heaven. She was stunning. Obviously, this was Tzuyu - I’d heard the rumours about her and Jimin but obviously no one knew who she was yet. I watched her sit in the back corner, this other girl (Elkie) coming to sit next to her and putting her arm round her. I don’t know what came over me but I didn’t like watching this girl cuddle up to someone else. It hurt, so I decided to choose her as a potential girl…

 

(“Wow, I’m flattered.”  “I love you!” “Mmhmm…”)

 

But when I walked home that day I couldn’t get her off my mind. The way she looked was engraved in my brain and I started wishing I’d talked more to her. After the assembly I’d walked over and offered both girls tryouts but they had declined….

 

(“Saying ‘Ch-Ch-Cheerleading?’ was not an invitation.”)

 

So as I was saying, I was thinking about her all day. I went for a run to clear my head and took a route I had never used before which took me through little China. Two men pulled me into an ally while I was distracted and tried to mug me. They were yelling for my phone and keys but I was scared and I couldn’t move. Then Tzuyu rounds the corner, sees us and yells in Chinese at these grown men. Both men immediately backed off and jogged away, I didn’t know what to do. So I asked her name and she introduced herself briefly before leaving.

 

“I’m Tzuyu.”

 

I’d run home and Jihyo was there waiting for me, pacing in my bedroom. I immediately told her about Tzuyu, from thinking she was hot as to being saved by her earlier that day and Jihyo confessed that she’d met Tzuyu too.

 

(“She’d managed to get detention on the first day. I’d taken that detention and I remember being really worried about her after the whole Jimin thing that was going round. I was expecting this big, muscley girl who liked hitting people but instead this doe-eyed, tall girl walked in and greeted me politely before sitting quietly at the back. Momo’s right, she was stunning - I was actually going to float the same idea to Momo. So once I knew all this…”)

 

We talked her into the !

 

(“Momo! That makes us sound like bad people.” “Yeah Mo…that’s a little weird.”)

 

ANYWAY! We talked her into coming over that night and we kept inviting her round over the next few weeks before….day one! You guys know we got together over three days, the first day was when I decided I wanted Tzuyu to be my girlfriend as well as Jihyo. So that morning when we woke up, we lay in bed for a little while - not talking, just enjoying each others company. I said something, I don’t remember what it was, but both girls turned to giggle at whatever it was. I watched them laugh and I realised…

 

I was in love with them.

 

So I said it….out loud. Jihyo froze and Tzuyu panicked and bolted out the house. This actually led to Jihyo and I’s first fight. Jihyo didn’t know how she felt about a threeway relationship and I really wanted to bring Tzuyu in. We were already intimate, I wanted the feelings part to. I wanted to take her on dates and protect her, the same way I felt about Jihyo. So Jihyo ended up saying that if Tzuyu agreed she would think it through a little bit more. The next Monday I dragged Jihyo round the back of the humanities building and there was Tzuyu, sat with Elkie talking about something.

 

(“I was telling her about you two and how confused I was. I knew I lov-liked both of you but I didn’t know why.”)

 

I remember being so jealous of Elkie being so close to her but before I could say anything, Jihyo cleared . I knew when Jihyo got jealous and she was seething. Elkie awkwardly walked away to let us talk and that was when Tzuyu explained how she felt. She said she felt something for both of us and she didn’t know what to do because she didn’t want to come between us. When I floated the idea of polyamoury she completely shut me down, saying that she didn’t want to ruin our social standing within the school. By this point she had her own reputation and it wasn’t good, she didn’t want to ruin anything for us. It was then that Jihyo brought up similar concerns and so Tzuyu told her to figure out what she wanted, if she wanted to try Tzuyu would stay in the background and if not she would leave us be.

 

Jihyo took over.

 

I was scared. Sure people were fine with me and Momo being gay but this could ruin my chances of being elected student body president. It meant so much to me, it was my dream. So I ignored how I felt, I liked Tzuyu too but I didn’t know how to proceed. It was actually Cheng Xiao that put my priorities in place. At lunch that day Cheng Xiao had gone on and on about how hot Tzuyu was, how she loved the bad girl aura the girl had and it had pissed me off. I could see Momo struggling not to say anything and I thought about telling her to back up but we both stayed silent. Even when Xiao stood up to go over and flirt with Tzuyu, she was touching her and giggling.

 

I realised I was being stupid. I obviously liked her and so did Momo, she made us feel happier and the idea of continuing to treat like some sort of… made me feel guilty. So I went to the humanities building to talk to her, I said I wanted to try. We actually skipped last period just talking about what we wanted to do, the more we talked the more I realised how unbelievably much I adored her even only knowing her a few months. She’d walk round school with this resting face, big strong gang leader, but with Momo she was just so soft and nurturing. Sure we still had a slight awkwardness between us but it was fading fast, she made Momo happy and talking to her, being around her, made me happy. So that night I invited both to my house while my mother was away.

 

“I want to try.”

 

“And the rest as they say, is history!” Tzuyu concluded.