What Happened Next?

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

A/N - SO Fire Escape is now complete meaning that Paper Planes is now going to be the regular update! Once this series is done the first series of ‘Floor Sixteen’ will start.

 

What Happened Next?

 

Naybunny: What’s happening?

 

MoJo: Idk…It’s loud

 

GodJihoe: GUY’S STAY IN YOUR CLASSROOMS THERE IS AN ACTIVE SHOOTER!

 

NoJamHyung: @NoJamDongsaeng where are you???

 

NoJamDongsaeng: Music room 1, I locked the door x

 

Tofu: Role call - where is everyone?

 

Mojo: Jihyo and me are in her office, Sana and Mina will be in the sports block - their phones are in their lockers.

 

NoJamHyung: Nayeon and I are in class

 

Tofu: Me too

 

GodJihoe: Anyone know where Tzuyu is?

 

Tofu: umm…

 

GodJihoe: Dahyun?

 

Tofu: She left class to have a cigarette.

 

Mojo: I’m scrared…

 

Naybunny: We’re okay, we’re all going to be fine.

 

NoJamHyung: Chae? How you doing?

 

NoJamHyung: Chae?

 

Naybunny: Son Chaeyoung please respond!

 

NoJamHyung: CHAEYOUNG! ANSWER YOUR ING PHONE!!!!1111!!!

 

_____

 

When they were finally let out by police thousands of children flew from their classrooms out to where their parents were waiting outside. Nayeon’s own parents were abroad for business but Dahyun’s parents saw her and called out to her. They wrapped her into a hug, glad to see that she was safe, though when their own daughter appeared the tears started. They hugged both girls to themselves and once they were free Nayeon hugged Dahyun, pecking her forehead, overjoyed that she was safe. Nayeon looked out over the masses of people, some were wrapped in joyful embrace with those they loved….others were screaming and crying as they realised the chances their son or daughter would not leave school.

 

She could see Jihyo and Momo with Jihyo’s mother a little way away, all still watching the school - praying for news. An officer with a mega phone was stood on his patrol car, another officer appeared - handing a list to the officer. It was in that moment the doors opened and ambulance teams began running bodies out, sheets over their faces. Body after body came out and Nayeon felt sick, no matter how today ended she knew the faces beneath those sheets. That was a certainty. Some of the bodies were still living, only covered to mask their injuries for the thousands watching outside. Nayeon heard Dahyun muttering and turned, watching as her girlfriend prayed for those who had been shot.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen!” The officer’s grave voice came through the megaphone, “At 2pm today Park Jimin entered the school with a rifle, he has since been apprehended but there were a large number of casualties and fatalities. In total twenty seven students have been injured and three have been confirmed dead. I will now read out the names of those that have been sent to Seoul Hospital for treatment. Kang Seulgi….”

 

Name after name was read out and Jeongyeon waited patiently for her girlfriend to run over to her own family so that Jeongyeon could at least see she was okay. Her family stood with Chaeyoung’s, she could only watch as Chaeyoung’s mother worried for her daughter. Each familiar name was read out and Jeongyeon felt herself get angry, if only Tzuyu hadn’t poked the bear. If she’d stayed quiet this would never have happened. Her father was holding her, nobody in the crowd muttering a word as the names were read out - families nearby falling apart as they themselves heard the names.

 

“Son Chaeyoung….”

 

Jeongyeon felt the wind knock out of her, Mrs Son was crying as Mr Son left her to be comforted by Jeongyeon’s family as her ran to bring the car round. Chaeyoung was hurt, they didn’t know how badly but they knew that she wasn’t okay and for them that was enough to instil more fear than Jeongyeon had ever known. But she had to stay, until the car was there she had to stay. She had to stay and listen to every single name.

 

“Minatozaki Sana…”

 

Jeongyeon watched Momo crumple into Jihyo’s arms, she was crying whilst Jihyo was attempting to hold herself together.

 

“Myoui Mina…”

 

Momo’s body began rocking with sobs as Jihyo could only hold her, rocking her gently trying to calm her down. They were alone, that was all Momo could think, their families weren’t here. She was their family. She was aware that Ms Park was talking to her own mother via text, her parents would be flying out as both Momo’s and now Sana’s emergency contacts. Mrs Myoui knew Momo’s mother as well so they would probably be on the next flight from Japan. She was shaking in Jihyo’s arms, those were her best friends. They were hurt and Momo couldn’t do anything. The only solace being that at least if the worst happened they went together, they wouldn’t be alone if they were together.

 

“Chou Tzuyu.”

 

That one stopped Momo’s heart. She felt herself fall back into Jihyo, Jihyo was shaking herself. Momo didn’t know what to do. The whole ride to the hospital had the group sitting in silence in their respective cars. Ms Park had conformation that both Momo’s and Mina’s parents would be in Korea in a few hours. Momo and Jihyo both sat in the back seat cuddled up together, Jihyo wanted to break down but knew she couldn’t - Momo had lost her closest friends as well she needed Jihyo more. Momo said nothing all the way to the hospital, only a single text from Nayeon saying she’d gotten her father to call the hospital to get their friends all in the same room. When they arrived they sprinted to the the front desk.

 

“Chou Tzuyu, she just got brought in.”

 

“Name?”

 

“Park Jihyo.” Jihyo told her,

 

“Are you a relative?”

 

“No ma’am.”

 

“I’m afraid I can’t tell you anything unless you’re a relative.”

 

“Tzuyu’s from Taiwan she had no relatives,” Ms Park begged, “We’re all she has.”

 

“You may wait with the others outside room 236 but until we have contacted the hospital in Taiwan Tzuyu is registered under and gotten a name we cannot tell you anything.”

 

So they sat outside that room. They all did. They sat there in silence, waiting for something….ANYTHING. After a while Jackson appeared with Victoria and Elkie, he paced in front of them muttering threats in low Chinese. Then around the evening time Ms Myoui and Ms Hirai arrived, both running to hug Momo tightly. There was hours with no news, no answers. Jihyo was just about ready to start yelling at the doctors in pure frustration when there were more footsteps. She froze as she observed the duo that had just walked in, it was like seeing a celebrity in public.

 

It was the two women from the photograph.

 

They stood a little way off not speaking to anyone else there, until the doctor passed and they chased after him.

 

“Excuse me!”

 

They had accents similar to Tzuyu’s.

 

“Chou Tzuyu,” One asked in broken Korean, “She is okay?”

 

“I’m sorry Miss, but as we told that party over there we can only disclose that information to blood relatives.”

 

“We are related…”

 

She was cut off by a shout, Chaeyoung walked round the corner - arm bandaged round her shoulder. After she had fainted in the closet police had seen blood running under the door and bust it open. Technically she shouldn’t be up and around but she’d managed to get the nurse to let her go and see her family. Jeongyeon was up in seconds and as she hugged the shorter girl to her she burst into tears, Chaeyoung was okay - she was alive. As the group swarmed her to offer her comfort and tell her they were glad she was alright. Jihyo was a little distracted though, watching as the doctor began talking more with the two mysterious women. Both girls suddenly looked relieved and thanked him.

 

They were talking between themselves in Chinese, Jihyo could see Jackson listening with interest.

 

Once again the scene was cut off by the doctor who had arrived to let Ms Myoui know that her daughter was also stable, despite some lasting damage from the bullet. When Ms Hirai asked about Sana, she too was reassured that the other Japanese girl was unconscious but they were positive she had survived the damage, barely but she had. Momo felt guilty for the relief that flooded her, Tzuyu was still hurt. For Jihyo, now that she knew that Momo’s friends were okay, she could focus on her own worry. And it hit her hard. The group were all startled by the loud sob that left , she clung to her mother like a child. Just wanting her mother to cuddle her and tell her everything would be alright. Momo’s own mother came to comfort her, sensing that Momo needed her too.

 

他們是誰?” One girl asked the other,

 

子瑜的女朋友.” Jackson spoke up, “現在, 你是誰?”

 

They answered and Jackson paused, Dahyun watched the three of them talk for a moment and then her turned to approach Jihyo and Momo.

 

“They said the doctor told them Tzuyu will be okay.” Jackson explained,

 

“Thank God.” Ms Park breathed out,

 

“Who are they?” Momo asked,

 

Jackson paused a second…

 

“They’re her sisters…”

 

 

A/N - Sorry it’s so , it was just a quick one to set up the season….2na chapter is next but please start leaving prompts!