Nayeon Makes a Mistake (Nahyun)

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

Here we go…

 

Nayeon Makes a Mistake (Nahyun)

 

Nayeon was panicking.

 

She stood on top of the schools roof looking out over the courtyard, trying to figure out what was wrong with her. She loved Dahyun, she loved her so much that whenever she didn’t see her it caused physical pain. Knowing that Dahyun was hurting about this whole Mina situation made Nayeon sad, she had to end this. She had to get rid of whatever was happening between herself and Mina. Nayeon chuckled darkly to herself, she knew what it was - she’d only just accepted it but she wasn’t stupid enough to lie any more. There was a part of her that was still attracted to Mina, according to Google it was normal. Mina had been Nayeon’s first love and that never truly went away, the fact they got close so quickly re-awakened old feeling and BAM Nayeon’s panic begins.

 

All the articles she’d read had given her ideas of how to get rid of the attraction but only one was really feasible and the only way to do it was to talk to Mina and tell her what was going on. On her way to the meeting she had tried to call Dahyun, the small voice in the back of her head telling her that Dahyun should know what was happening - so she wouldn’t misinterpret if she heard the events from someone else. Only Dahyun was probably practising, because it was during her free period and that was the only reason Nayeon could find why she would have her phone off. It was frustrating but Nayeon knew the only other option would be to speak to Dahyun in person and she just couldn’t do it. She wasn’t sure she had the bottle for it. She had texted Sana in advance to ask her permission and the girl had agreed with the promise that Nayeon didn’t overdue it.

 

Because Sana trusted Mina the way Dahyun trusted Nayeon and that itself was heartbreaking to the girl in question.

 

So instead all Nayeon could do was wait on the roof alone until Mina arrived. She had asked the girl to meet her after home room, Mina would have study hall and Nayeon was skipping her gym period claiming ‘council stuff’. Later she would talk to Jihyo so she would cooperate if people asked around, namely teachers who didn’t trust Nayeon’s word. They were right to doubt her, usually she’d be sneaking around school for gossip-based reasons but this was not one of those times. This was one of those times where Nayeon felt nervous, a rare emotion for the overtly confident girl to feel. She was HBIC of this school, she could make and break anyone, sure she’d been slacking since Dahyun wandered into the picture but Nayeon’s unshakable confidence was the makings of a great leader.

 

Something she and Tzuyu had in common. They both had the tenacity and confidence of alpha-females, they’d do whatever it took to take down anyone that questioned that.

 

Nayeon had ripped people to shreds when they threatened her crown and once Dahyun became her girlfriend that all changed. Nayeon stopped hosting parties, stopped crushing those beneath her, stopping ruling her side of the school with an iron grip. She knew others were beginning to sniff around her turf but she didn’t care, all she cared about was Dahyun and making sure that she was the only girl Nayeon was focusing her time on.

 

The door to the roof opened and there she was…the other woman.

 

“Hey,” Mina greeted, “What did you need me for?”

 

Nayeon awkwardly stammered as Mina came to lean on the other railing, the sun was hitting her and the way she glowed under the rays was just---

 

SNAP OUT OF IT!

 

“Nayeon?” Mina called gently, “What’s up? Everything okay?”

 

“Honestly,” Nayeon sighed, time for the truth, “Not really.”

 

“What happened? Is it Dahyun?”

 

“Sort of.” Nayeon looked back out over the courtyard, “Look things between me and Dahyun are amazing and I love her…like a lot. But…”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I’m panicking.”

 

“Panicking?”

 

“About what happened with us…” Nayeon sighed, looking at her, “When you broke up with me it was awful, more so because it was all my fault. I don’t want to lose Dahyun because I made some stupid mistake.”

 

Mina placed a hand on Nayeon’s shoulder, “But that was different, you learnt from that and you and Dahyun are good for each other. Besides, you haven’t made a stupid mistake yet have you?”

 

The elder girl stepped away, “That’s what I needed to talk to you about.”

 

As Mina cocked her head confused, Nayeon took a deep breath - now or never.

 

“We got really close, really quickly.” Nayeon began, “And…I need to test something but I can’t do it without your permission, not again.”

 

“My permission? Nayeon what’s going on?”

 

“I need to kiss you.”

 

“WHAT!?”

 

Okay Mina looked pissed this was not going to plan…

 

“L-Let me explain,” Nayeon stammered, “I need to get rid of whatever tension my messed up brain has created. I know it’s a horrible thing to ask, especially of you, but I don’t know what else to do! I love Dahyun and I’m sick of this doubt that….”

 

“That?”

 

“That you were the one I was supposed to end up with.” Nayeon looked down,

 

Mina stared at her long and hard, “One kiss? And I can tell Sana and you’ll tell Dahyun none of this secretive bull?”

 

“I kinda already asked Sana for her approval--”

 

“I will kill her…okay! Fine.”

 

“F-Fine?”

 

“Yeah, go on - kiss me. Get it over with.”

 

Nayeon looked up and saw Mina, eyes closed, with a disgruntled look on her face. Seizing her chance she leaned forward and kissed her. Nayeon didn’t know what she was expecting, maybe fireworks or disgust but…nothing, she felt nothing. No tingling, no romance, no - nothing. It wasn’t a bad kiss but Nayeon didn’t enjoy it, it didn’t feel right. It didn’t feel like Dahyun. Dahyun who would cradle her face and gently massage her lips, making Nayeon weak at the knees---

 

FLASH

 

The duo sprang apart at the sudden light and turned to look at the door way where a girl stood. Nayeon recognised her, Nancy - a freshman with a bad attitude. Rumours had been swirling, claiming she had it out for Nayeon’s position. The girl was smirking at her. Mina, feeling shy and embarrassed, looked anywhere else whist Nayeon settled the girl with a stare. Nancy just smirked at her before looking at her phone with fake interest.

 

She clicked her tongue, “Uh oh…wouldn’t want Dahyun seeing this now would we?”

 

“ off, Nancy,” Nayeon growled, “Student council only.”

 

“Hmm you should be nicer considering what I just got on camera.” Nancy’s stupid smirk not leaving her face,

 

“If you dare--”

 

“Dare what? Send it…go on Nayeon - dare me to!” Nancy giggled, enjoying her little game,

 

“You wouldn’t, if you do Nancy I swear to God---”

 

“You’ll do what?”

 

The air was thick, Nayeon was furious. She couldn’t let that photo get out before she spoke to Dahyun, she needed to tell her girlfriend her side. Nancy began to laugh lightly, leaning on the doorway. Nayeon’s anger rose, the younger girl was enjoying this. It was a rare thing, someone having dirt on Nayeon as usually she was the one with dirt on everyone else. She refused to be beaten by some jumped up little girl who didn’t learn to respect her unnies.

 

“I’ll ruin you.”

 

Nancy’s smirk dropped into a serious look, “Do your worst.” she clicked something on her phone and the tell-tale noise of a sent message sounded, “Better go quick, before she sees it.”

 

Nayeon glared, conceding this round as she took off. She sprinted through the hallways, praying Dahyun still had her phone off. Quickly she made her way through the school’s main building and out towards the music block, Chaeyoung happened to be walking in the opposite direction and attempted to say ‘Hey’ to Nayeon before being shoved into the wall. Nayeon could apologise later, not now though - she had to find her girl. Dahyun was the love of her life, she was stupid to think anything otherwise and as she ran all she could think was ‘YOU IDIOT!’ over and over. The music block was eerily silent, only Nayeon’s pants and footsteps disrupting the peace. Rounding the corner she spotted Dahyun standing with Jeongyeon…tears in her eyes, looking down at her phone.

 

“Dahyun!” Nayeon panted out,

 

The duo looked towards her, Jeongyeon glaring at the elder, not that she cared as Dahyun just cried without uttering a word for a moment.

 

“H-How c-could you?”

 

“I can explain---”

 

“Save it.” Jeongyeon muttered, immediately letting Dahyun hug her,

 

The rocker led her friend past Nayeon, barging her with her shoulder as she went. Nayeon put her back against the wall and slid down it, curling herself into a ball at the bottom. She’d done it again, she’d ed it up AGAIN. What was wrong with? What was it about her that made her so ludicrously stupid? Nayeon felt broken, she was broken - only someone as broken as her would break the hearts of the only two girls who willingly gave her their time and effort. She sobbed in that hallway for a while, alone with nobody there to comfort her. She could try and talk to Dahyun later, tell her everything but…what was the point in doing so when Nayeon was just going to ruin things again later?

 

Maybe it was better for Nayeon to play the villain, hurt Dahyun now rather than later.

 

Then her sadness turned to anger as she remembered Nancy’s stupid smirk, standing up she began remembering who she was….who she was supposed to be. She was Im ing Nayeon, she was the head in charge and now a little had decided to come for her. Nancy came for her…it was laughable! Maybe Nayeon needed to show her who the hell she had just messed with, dusting herself off and making herself look somewhat presentable Nayeon decided to head to Jihyo’s office. Jihyo had science now and Nayeon had made a spare key (don’t ask). That’s where all student files were…Nancy’s file included as well as all her little friends’.

 

Nayeon was going to make Nancy pay for this, she was going to go nuclear. Not just Nancy but anyone that even breathed in Nancy’s direction was now the enemy.

 

She. Would. Pay.