Captured (MoJiTzu)

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

A/N - A prompt from Helpmepleaseohgod

 

Captured (MoJiTzu)

 

Sana flew towards the school in alarm.

 

She had seen something horrible and couldn’t think of anyone else to find except Jihyo, Naeun was running with her. Both had witnessed the event and realised that they had to tell someone. Sana had gone to Tzuyu’s that Monday morning with some cakes as a thank you for her help with Mina. She had found Naeun also walking towards the house and, due to Sana not trusting the other girl, they walked together in complete silence. Then, as they neared the boarding house, they spotted Tzuyu leaving and stopped to wait for her….only to watch as two masked boys grabbed her.

 

“JIHYO!” Sana shouted speeding down the hallway towards where they all stood, Naeun on their heels,

 

Jihyo span round, only to be pulled into an empty classroom - the others having no choice but to follow. Naeun stood holding the door shut so no one could come in while both girls caught their breath. Mina immediately went to Sana’s side, rubbing her back and trying to calm her down. Naeun stepped away from the door after a moment and all eyes were on Sana.

 

“What’s wrong, hun?” Mina asked rubbing her back,

 

“T-Tzuyu’s been kidnapped.” Sana panted out,

 

“…” Jeongyeon whispered,

 

“Jihyo.” Momo called out,

 

Jihyo reached out and pulled her girlfriend to her. The wheels in her head were turning as she tried to think of the next move, realistically she wanted to scream and cry but that wouldn’t help Tzuyu. After turning the thought over a couple times in her head she marched out of the room, Momo following like a lost puppy letting Chaeyoung and Nayeon comfort her as her girlfriend went on the war path. Jihyo practically sprinted down the hall - ignoring the bell that signalled first period. She rounded the corner of the humanities building, the trouble makers there scarpered at the sight of the student council president but Jihyo managed to grab Elkie and Mark.

 

“C’mon!” Elkie huffed, “You’re all skipping too!”

 

“Tzuyu’s been kidnapped.”

 

Elkie’s face darkened, “What?”

 

“Sana saw two men pull her into the car.”

 

Elkie’s eyes flicked to Sana, “Did you see their faces?”

 

“They were wearing masks, but Jin had his last name on the back.”

 

“Idiot.” Chaeyoung breathed out,

 

“What car?” Mark asked suddenly,

 

Sana stammered, “What?”

 

“The car, what type?”

 

“Whit van,” Naeun commented from behind them, “Said ‘Kim’s Tools’ on the side.”

 

“Yeah that’s one of the vans Kim’s Tools and Warehouse use, V’s father owns the chain.”

 

“So what do we do?” Jeongyeon asked,

 

Elkie studied them a moment, “You stay here, we’ll go talk to Jackson.”

 

“We’re coming with you.” Jihyo told her,

 

“Jihyo, if you get involved Tzuyu will kill me.”

 

“Tough.” Jihyo growled, “She’s my girlfriend and I wanna meet this Jackson and tell him to find her.”

 

“She’s scarier than he is…” Mark whispered,

 

Elkie shrugged, “Tzuyu likes a powerful woman.”

 

“Then what about the other one?”

 

“Hey!” Momo shouted.

 

She could be powerful too.

 

_____

 

Jackson observed the group with interest.

 

They had just barged into his office without any invitation, a mortified Elkie and terrified Mark with them. Jihyo had launched into the story and Jackson was furious that those monsters just took her. He already has his plan forming in his head, but for a moment he wanted to observe his little sister’s girlfriends. He’d heard of Jihyo by reputation, she had started whilst he was a senior and thought nothing of yelling at boys three times her size. She was a tiger, he could give her that, she was yelling at him at that moment. Not because she wanted to scare him, but because she was protective of Tzuyu. Momo was also interesting, Jackson recalled hearing once that she was mentally a child but the way she had her arms folded - studying him with no emotion in her eyes, she looked like she could do some damage. Those muscles weren’t only for show, so it appeared.

 

“...So what are you going to do to save her?”

 

“Me?” Jackson asked, raising an eyebrow,

 

“Yeah you.” Jihyo spat, not at all caring that this was a gang boss she was yelling at, “If you hadn’t made her your second this wouldn’t of happened.”

 

“Do you know why she agreed?” Jackson asked,

 

“Because she feels she owes you something.”

 

“Maybe,” Jackson hummed, “But that’s not the only reason, I told her if she did this for six months I’d leave her out of all this. She’d be free.”

 

“What…”

 

“I know you wanted her to stop, but I needed her. Still need her for one month, but that’s it. All she wants is to keep you safe, like when you were being followed home every day by that guy.”

 

“But he stopped.”

 

“Because Tzuyu told me.” Jackson told her, “You both are her main concern. She’s my family, therefore you are also my family. I am not going to keep her from you, I am not your enemy.”

 

“So you’ll find her.” Momo asked, comforting Jihyo as she finally broke down,

 

“I swear it.”

 

Jackson allowed them to remain in his office for the rest of the day - even allowing Jihyo to call her mother. Jackson had left early in the day, phoning to school to say they were aiding a police investigation before he took his leave with Mark. Nayeon and Dahyun stayed with Jihyo, the usually composed girl had broken down around midday when Jackson had no news. Momo hadn’t sat down, making use of Jackson’s punching bag. Sana and Mina stood with her, comforting her whenever she fell apart and holding the punching bag when needed. Jeongyeon spent her time trying to stop Chaeyoung from talking to Jackson, she was way too fascinated by the gang leader. It was six in the evening when the door opened. Jihyo had talked Momo down when she began hitting the punching bag particularly hard, so now they were cuddled up in the corner whilst finally crying with each other. What they saw incited two reactions within them both: relief and heartbreak.

 

Tzuyu was in Jackson’s arms, he himself had been in a fight - Mark walking behind him with a bloodied baseball bat. Elkie stood from the sofa and Jackson lay the girl down on it. She was covered head to toe in bruises, knuckles split open from what they could only suspect was her fighting her captors. She was unconscious, but still wearing her school uniform - nothing out of place. Jihyo and Momo flew over, Momo knelt next to her and gripped her cold hand and rubbing her thumb over the back. Jihyo sat on the arm of the sofa - brushing the hair out of her face.

 

She looked up at the older man, teary eyes, “Thank you.” She stood and bowed, “Thank you.”

 

“She’s family.” Jackson told her, “Don’t bow to me Jihyo, I can’t save those who bow. I’ll leave you to it.”

 

Jackson left them, the others all opting to go home now that they knew their friends were fine. The door opened a few moments later and a woman came in with a medical kit. She smiled kindly at them both, before walking over to tend to some on Tzuyu’s wounds. The woman said nothing as she worked but as she went to take off Tzuyu’s leather jacket, Momo stopped her. She took it off herself and cuddled it close to her - it smelled like Tzuyu. Like her perfume mixed with cigarettes. The woman continued to undress Tzuyu, leaving her in only her bra. Jihyo winced and Momo buried her head in the jacket. On her stomach was a jagged knife wound like someone had stuck it in and twisted. On the top of her arm was the word ‘snitch’ cut in using a smaller knife so that the words would scar her skin forever.

 

“She’ll be okay.” The woman said giving her stitches,

 

“She looks dead.” Jihyo croaked out,

 

“Tzuyu’s tough as nails.”

 

“You know her?”

 

The woman nodded, “My names Victoria, I’m Jackson’s wife.”

 

“You were there that day.” Jihyo remembered,

 

“Yup,” Victoria said as she finished, “She was tough then and she’s even tougher now. She’ll never say it but she’ll be happy to see you.”

 

“Shouldn’t we take her to the hospital?” Jihyo asked,

 

“Hospitals will ask questions, which will lead to police involvement, meaning that Jackson can’t do things his way.”

 

“His way?”

 

“By replicating every injury they gave Tzuyu on those who did it.” Victoria told them,

 

“How’d you do it?” Momo asked, “How do you just ignore who he is…what he does.”

 

Victoria smiled at them, “I can’t, I just except that he’s not going to change. It’s a part of his life, like my medical training. I’m not apart of it. Like how Tzuyu and Momo aren’t apart of your student council life, or you’re not part of Momo’s cheerleading squad. Momo could break her leg but you trust her to know what she’s doing so that she doesn’t get hurt. You have to trust Tzuyu the same way.”

 

Suddenly a little noise of discomfort left Tzuyu’s mouth as she stirred.

 

“I’ll just leave you three, something tells me you’ve got a lot to talk about.” Victoria smiled at them both before leaving them,

 

When they looked back two pairs of eyes stared back. Unable to contain herself Momo hugged her, openly sobbing into her still uncovered chest. Tzuyu tried to move her arms to comfort her but winced. Jihyo leaned over and kissed her, she was crying as well but managed to keep herself composed enough to keep her lips from quivering. When Jihyo pulled away Tzuyu sent her a little smile.

 

“You scared us.” Jihyo breathed out, “When Sana said she’d seen you get taken…I thought….”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Don’t be,” Momo muttered, “You’re safe now.”

“How do you feel?”

 

“Like I’ve been hit by a bus.”

 

“What….Do you know if they--” Jihyo trailed off not knowing how to asK,

 

Tzuyu winced a bit but managed to reach out and grip Jihyo’s hand gently, “All that matters is I’m alive.”

 

“I love you Tzuyu, we love you. Seeing you with Naeun nearly killed us, you’re ours dammit and we aren’t letting you go without a fight.”

 

“You’re not allowed to kiss anyone else. No one else can see your tattoo.”

 

Tzuyu was quiet for second, “I thought I was going to die today.”

 

“Don’t say that.” Jihyo snapped,

 

“It’s true, I was laying down in the dark with no one knowing where I was. Nobody looking for me. If Sana hadn’t seen me get grabbed nobody would be looking for me. You two were all I had and I threw you away.”

 

“No.” Momo whined out,

 

“They could have killed me there and I would never have been found. I realised I didn’t want that. I didn’t want to die there, all by myself, nobody knowing where I was, no one caring. I love you both so much it hurts, but you two looked so happy together I thought…”

 

“Thought?”

 

Tzuyu sighed, “I thought you were happier without me.”

 

“Don’t ever say that again.” Momo growled shocking them, “We’re a trio, three of us. Jihyo, Momo and Tzuyu. All of us or none of us, we were miserable without you. I nearly killed that --”

 

“Language.”

 

“I’m not a child,” Momo snapped, “I hate her, I hate that you kissed her and I hate that you slept with her. We love you Tzuyu and you love us, if you need to work one more month for Jackson then fine. Why can’t we just stop making this so complicated? I want you both to snuggle in bed with me while we watch trashy TV, is that too much to ask?”

 

Jihyo kissed Momo’s cheek, “No, it’s not.” She looked at Tzuyu, “We can survive one more month right?”

 

“Of course.” Tzuyu replied,

 

Jihyo kissed Momo’s lips softly before allowing Momo to kiss Tzuyu. Her busted lip caused the kiss to taste of copper but it managed to make Momo feel all warm and fuzzy inside - the way it was supposed to be. That night Jackson had helped them all home, Victoria helping get Tzuyu to the attic room. They all piled into bed, this time Tzuyu was in the middle and slept the best sleep any of them had in ages. All together, snuggled up, the way it should have been all this time.