Fast and Furious (NoJamBros/MoJiTzu)

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

A/N - This is a prompt from Werewolfchild :)

 

Btw I have realised that Tzuyu in this story is Rosa from Brooklyn Nine-Nine

 

Fast and Furious (NoJamBros/MoJiTzu)

 

“TZUYU-AHH!” Momo squealed running into the garage,

 

It was Saturday after the first week back at school and the girls had gone to visit Tzuyu at work.The group’s youngest had been spending the hours between school and gang meetings at work. Jihyo and Momo never saw her aside from lunch and even then she was always at her own table with Pinky and Elkie. School as a whole was strange, students were on edge in classrooms and were scared to walk the hallways. Some requested to stay in their home room while others began creating little groups to go round in. After a stressful week the girls just wanted to hang out together, funnily enough it had been Dahyun who suggested going to see Tzuyu at work.

 

Chaeyoung had gotten bored of the legos and was beginning to get restless.

 

Problem was that it was too small and fiddly for her to do well with a busted hand, she needed something bigger and less complex. That was when Momo told her that Tzuyu had recently taught her to change a tyre and an idea popped into her head. Jeongyeon was completely against the idea, she had wanted them all to go over to Nayeon’s - not drive out to the middle of Little China where she was 100% sure her car would be gone by the time she walked back out to it. But Chaeyoung had been so excited that Jeongyeon had decided to suffer in silence and hopefully pull Chaeyoung out after an hour.

 

The garage was pretty dead, there were four cars currently being worked on at the front of the shop but apart from the four men working on them there was nobody really there. In the centre was a desk with a very bored Pinky sat behind it filing her nails. She smiled to Jihyo and Momo when she say them before nodding her head to the back corner where Tzuyu appeared to be fixing a bike while Elkie watched. The others watched Momo bristle protectively before calling her girlfriend youngest girlfriend’s name and tackling her to the floor.

 

“Momo!” Tzuyu laughed, muffled by the girl on top of her, “Let me up! It’s nice to see you too!”

 

Momo grumbled but got up, pulling Tzuyu with her and giving her a long kiss to show Elkie that Tzuyu was hers…and Jihyo’s. Once the poor girl was released Jihyo chuckled and wrapped her in a hug, pecking her lips before letting her greet the others. Elkie, sensing that Momo didn’t want her to stay, excused herself and left the group to it. Dahyun had briefed Tzuyu on her idea and the duo had thought up a way for Chaeyoung to think it was her idea.

 

“Hello.” Tzuyu greeted awkward about how much guard she lets down around her girlfriends,

 

“Hey Tzuyu! How’s….being in a gang!?” Sana asked enthusiastically,

 

“You guys don’t need to make conversation.”

 

“Oh thank God!”

 

The group went and sat on some chairs nearby, Pinky bringing them drinks as they began doing the homework they’d been set first week. As Chaeyoung’s arm was ‘out of order’ she had been told she didn’t need to do the homework since she physically couldn’t. Instead she watched as Tzuyu’s fixed the motorbike with complete accuracy, using one hand for most of it. After a while she reached a point where she appeared to be struggling. Turning her eyes met Chaeyoung’s.

 

“Give me a hand?”

 

“My arms busted.”

 

“Doesn’t matter, come here.” Tzuyu moved over a bit so that Chaeyoung could kneel next to her, “So the guy brought it in because the bike wouldn’t start, it needed a few new parts but I’m having trouble figuring out the problem. Thought a fresh pair of eyes might help.”

 

Chaeyoung studied the bike, no clue what she was looking for, “Well…that part looks a little loose.”

 

Tzuyu looked at the part in question and asked Chaeyoung to twist it into place while she stood to start the bike. Jeongyeon watched carefully as Chaeyoung looked so proud when they bike began rumbling into life, glaring at the taller of the two when she clapped her girlfriend on the back.

 

“I can’t believe that worked!” Chaeyoung laughed, “It was nice doing something practical, I miss drawing.”

 

Tzuyu grinned, “I’ve been thinking about that, follow me.”

 

When Tzuyu led the shorter girl out the back Jeongyeon followed, not trusting the the gang leader for one second. The back of the garage was mostly used as a smoking area, so the moment they stepped out Tzuyu had a death stick between her lips, but it was also where cars came to die. There were hundreds of rusting, old, broken down cars littering the area. Chaeyoung looked at them in awe, it was an ugly sight she hadn’t been expecting.

 

“So,” Tzuyu began, “Dahyun told me you’ve been frustrated since you’ve not been able to draw. I decided to talk to Wan Ming, he owns the garage, about letting you do something with these cars.”

 

When Tzuyu held up some spray paints Chaeyoung grinned and hugged the girl, despite her protests. Spray paints meant she could make at much mess as possible and wouldn’t have to use her dominant hand, these were old cars plus when the paint dried she could go over them. Jeongyeon watched as Tzuyu was hugged by Chaeyoung and felt her inner resentment rising. How could Tzuyu do it? Stand there hugging HER girlfriend after causing the death of her classmates. It was sick. She was sick.

 

“Let her go!” Jeongyeon shouted ripping the two apart,

 

“Jeongyeon?” Chaeyoung asked confused,

 

The group inside rushed out to the yard.

 

“You…You can’t just do this! One good action doesn’t make up for the ed up that happened.”

 

“That wasn’t her--”

 

“No, Chae, let her talk.” Tzuyu said, flicking away her cigarette and crossing her arms,

 

“It is your fault those people died, if you hadn’t said anything Jimin would have stayed in school and this stupid gang stuff would have stayed where it should have.” Jeongyeon growled, “Those people died because of you! Sana was dead for three minutes because of you, Mina can’t have kids because of you, Nayeon has had to put up everyone because of you, Chaeyoung can’t draw because of you and Momo---”

 

“Don’t you dare bring me into it!” Momo seethed getting in between her girlfriend and Jeongyeon, “We told you before - it is NOT her fault!”

 

“Come on Momo, even you can’t be stupid enough not to see that we’d all be better off if she wasn’t there.”

 

“I’m not stupid!” Momo replied shoving her away, trying her best to keep this away from her girl,

 

“It was my fault.”

 

All eyes snapped to Dahyun.

 

“Namjoon warned me Jimin was planning something.” Dahyun teared up and Nayeon wrapped her in her arms,

 

They didn’t know how to react.

 

“You didn’t know the extent…” Jeongyeon told her friend, “It’s not your fault.”

 

“Hypocrite.” Momo muttered,

 

“What did you say?” Jeongyeon shouted,

 

“Dahyun not telling us about what Namjoon said is fine but Tzuyu telling the school about something traumatic that happened to her isn’t? Where the are your priorities.”

 

Momo shoved Jeongyeon.

 

“My priorities are to protect my friends from psychopaths like Tzuyu and Jimin.”

 

Jeongyeon shoved Momo.

 

“Please,” Momo snapped, “You just feel guilty that you couldn’t save Chaeyoung so your lashing out.”

 

Momo shoved Jeongyeon again.

 

“That’s not true.”

 

“Jeongyeon, stop…” Chaeyoung’s small voice rang out,

 

“Isn’t it? Admit it, you’re only blaming Tzuyu because it’s easier to hate her than hate someone who isn’t here or yourself. You’re being selfish.”

 

“THAT’S NOT TRUE!”

 

Jeongyeon swung and hit Momo in the face. There was a second of silence, Momo clutching her cheek and looking at Jeongyeon with tears in her eyes. Sana pulled Mina behind her while Nayeon had one arm on Dahyun and another holding back Jihyo. Chaeyoung was crying and Jeongyeon barely met Tzuyu’s eyes before being flung on the floor. Jeongyeon could feel nothing but pain as Tzuyu laid blow after blow on her face, rather than protect her face she tried to push the girl off but she was a lot stronger than her.

 

“TZUYU!” Jihyo called, still not being released,

 

“STOP! PLEASE!” Chaeyoung begged, Momo pulling her into a hug and turning them both away - neither strong enough to break up the fight so they were better off not watching,

 

Tzuyu stopped hitting her and pulled Jeongyeon up to be eye level, a metallic glint flew from her pocket and came to rest on Jeongyeon’s throat, “If you touch her again I will slit your throat. I don’t give a what you think about me, I don’t care that you’re mad at me but if you bring Momo or Jihyo into it I will hurt you.”

 

This was the first time the group had ever seen what made Tzuyu such a big player in Jackson’s gang, Jeongyeon seeing it up close. It wasn’t a burning fire of anger in her eyes, or the insanity that Chaeyoung talked about being in Jimin’s. Tzuyu’s eyes were cold, void of anything except a small speck of something that scared Jeongyeon - it was some sort of animal emotion, some part of her was enjoying this, she enjoyed having Jeongyeon in a position she could kill her in. It was then Jeongyeon realised that if Tzuyu had wanted to she could have killed her then and there, the cold calculated look being enough to say she had done it before.

 

Two sets of arms pulled Tzuyu up as Elkie and Pinky dragged her away, trying to calm her in Chinese. However, when Tzuyu saw the bruise forming on Momo’s cheek she broke free and kicked Jeongyeon in the ribs a few times until she was dragged away again.

 

冷靜.” Elkie muttered quietly,

 

Calm down.

 

Tzuyu stopped struggling and watched as Dahyun and Chaeyoung helped up the beaten girl, “Get out of my sight.”

 

The group quickly made their way inside, Tzuyu picking up a rock and flinging it through the windsheild of one of the cars. Two arms s round her waist and she turned to see Momo hugging her, Jihyo standing a little way off looking unsure. With her girls always her top priority, Tzuyu tried harder to calm herself down. She hugged Momo to her and extended her arm out to Jihyo who also hugged her. She would get lectured about her actions later but Tzuyu knew they’d understand, the action itself would earn a lecture but the reasons behind it were solid and she couldn’t be faulted for defending Momo. Pulling back a little both girls studied Momo’s face, Tzuyu feeling her rage build again at the dark bruising.

 

Jeongyeon felt awful.

 

Partly because she had her beat but mainly because she had hit Momo and embarrassed herself. Sana and Mina had really laid into her about it too, Momo was their friend and she wasn’t even the one Jeongyeon was WRONGFULLY mad at. The more she thought about the more it became clear that her actions today were ridiculous, especially since Tzuyu had actually offered Chaeyoung an answer to her creativity problem. Speaking of Chaeyoung, the shorter girl had sat with her at the hospital but hadn’t said a word. Even when they got into bed together (having made the excuse to Jeongyeon’s parents that she had been mugged) Chaeyoung still said nothing. The older girl just cuddled the smaller one to her as they both unsuccessfully tried to sleep.

 

Tomorrow Jeongyeon would go, tail between her legs and ask Tzuyu not to revoke the offer she made Chaeyoung. The younger girl would tell her Chaeyoung was more than welcome.

 

But Jeongyeon was banned and if she showed up again it wouldn’t end well.