Why Having Two Girlfriends Sometimes (MoJiTzu)

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

A/N - This is a prompt from Choutzudesu

 

Why Having Two Girlfriends Sometimes (MoJiTzu)

 

Tzuyu was not a very good girlfriend.

 

At least in her mind.

 

She wasn’t as comforting as Momo or as caring as Jihyo but she did her best to make sure both girls knew how much she cared for them. Which was hard when in the beginning you didn’t know the Korean to explain it and now it’d just be awkward to randomly confess it all. Plus with Tzuyu…..extra curricular activities, she was often the one victim to Jihyo’s lectures. She knew it came from a place of love, but she just wished Jihyo would trust her. Tzuyu knew how to take care of herself and protect them so that’s all that should’ve mattered. But Tzuyu wanted to repay them all the love they gave her, even if they couldn’t do so all the time.

 

It was a Saturday and Tzuyu planned to meet the girl’s at Momo’s dorm, now that Sana and Mina knew about them they didn’t have to visit just Tzuyu’s any more. She said goodbye to Nan, the elderly Chinese woman who owned the boarding house and knew all about the trio’s relationship, before making her way to her motorbike. Usually she’d walk to Momo’s since gas was expensive but Tzuyu was working at the garage later today so she wanted to make sure she’d get back in time and get to spend as much of the day as possible with her girlfriends.

 

That was the plan!

 

Until she approached Momo’s door to hear Jihyo’s voice yelling even from the far end of the hallway. Sana and Mina were sat outside playing cards, Tzuyu walked over to ask them what was happening when Ms Song shoved past her, wielding her bat, shouting about revenge on raccoon kind. At this point no one even batted an eyelid, this was now just a normal occurrence. When Tzuyu asked Sana and Mina what the yelling was about they both shrugged before going back to the card game they were playing on the floor in front of the door. With a sigh the younger girl stepped over them and walked into the dorm where Momo and Jihyo were on either side of the room yelling at each other.

 

“Woah, woah!” Tzuyu called, standing between them, “What’s going on?”

 

“Tzuyu-ah!” Momo whined, flying to the girl and cuddling up to her,

 

Jihyo rolled her eyes, “This is what I’m talking about Mo, you can’t keep up the innocent baby act - it can’t work all the time. You have to grow up at some point!”

 

“That’s a little harsh Jihyo, don’t you think?” Tzuyu reasoned,

 

Jihyo scoffed, “That’s right Tzuyu, take her side. Like you always do.”

 

“I’m not taking--”

 

“Please! Tzuyu always takes your side.” Momo snapped, “When she needs to talk about anything she goes to you even though all you do it nag!”

 

“You two got to make out in school!”

 

“ENOUGH!” Tzuyu was a relatively calm person but this was getting ridiculous, “Momo, Jihyo does have a point that you pull the cute card too much. But Momo also has a point in saying that you do nag a lot.”

 

Both girls stared at her and then, in unison, “YOU’RE ON HER SIDE!?”

 

“But…what….I’m on nobodies side!

 

“Get out,” Momo rolled her eyes, walking to hold the door open and startling Sana and Mina,

 

Tzuyu sighed and watched Jihyo storm out, following along slowly, door slamming behind her. As she walked down the hall she heard Sana and Mina banging on the door to be let it. Not sure what else to do with herself after that she went to work earlier than usual. The garage in little China was run by an old man named Wan Ming, he was short and fat but a kind man. He basically ran base camp for Wang, a large room at the back of the garage which served as Jackson’s office and meeting room. It also had a punching bag and other boxing equipment that he let his people use.

 

Tzuyu could fix a car okay but her speciality was motorbikes. She’d built her own after meeting Jackson for the first time, he had provided the parts (probably stolen and a way to dispose of evidence Tzuyu had come to realise) but she was grateful. There was always a telltale sign when Jackson was in, similar to how at Buckingham Palace if the Queen was in they’d fly that special flag. For Jackson it was a single playing card tucked into the hinges of his office door.

 

The one eyed jack.

 

It was representative of what he was capable of. He may be showing you one side, but you didn’t know what he had going on behind it all. Tzuyu liked working there, Mark was a lot of fun to be around and had been working on (stealing) cars since he was ten years old. Because the garage was on the poor side of the poor side of town the sorts of cars that were brought in weren’t worth stealing. It was an hour before Tzuyu was finished for the day when Jackson sent someone to get her. She explained to Wan Ming that she probably wouldn’t finish her shift but the old man got it.

 

When she walked towards Jackson’s desk she saw him leaning right back, hands behind his head and legs on the desk. This was him, the infamous Jackson Wang. Tzuyu trusted Jackson but even she knew never to turn your back on him. As she walked over he sent her a grin and asked how she was. They talked for a while about recent events within the gang before Tzuyu finally decided to ask.

 

“So why did you want to see me? I assume it wasn’t for a catch up.”

 

Jackson chuckled and finally sat up, resting his elbows on the desk and his head on his hands loosely enough that he could still gesture, “You’re not scared of me, are you?”

 

“Well I wouldn’t challenge you to a fight but no I’m not.” Tzuyu answered honestly,

 

Jackson smiled, “Good, my second in command got booked last night. ing idiot.”

 

“I heard.”

 

“He’s got a few months inside, I want you to take over for him.”

 

“What?”

 

“Just for a little while.” Jackson added,

 

“But I promised Ji---” Tzuyu stopped, she wasn’t supposed to reveal that,

 

“Don’t worry Tzu, I know all about your girlfriends….plural.”

 

Tzuyu hesitated, she didn’t want to have her weaknesses known by anyone.

 

“Relax,” Jackson’s smile became softer, “You are like my family, I wont let anyone hurt them. And, if you agree to my offer, I will make sure they are protected. I’ll also let you go off and be normal, like you promised Jihyo you would be. But right now, I need you Tzu.”

 

“What about Mark? Or hell even Elkie!”

 

“Mark can steal a car but he’s not very…shall we say book smart? And Elkie would be a good choice but she’s too unpredictable. I need someone I can trust and wont be afraid to tell me what they really think.”

 

Tzuyu thought it over for a moment, “Only a few months?”

 

“Only till he gets out of prison in six months.”

 

“And Jihyo and Momo….”

 

“Will be more protected that Trump’s wig.”

 

“Okay then.” Tzuyu gave a nod,

 

“Great. I need you for something tonight.”

 

It was about midnight when Tzuyu finally walked into the boarding house. Elkie had passed out on the couch and Pinky was on the floor which made the tall girl stifle a chuckle. Walking up the stairs and avoiding the creaky parts, which made up most of the old staircase steps, she made her way to her attic room. When she pushed open the door a small smile spread across her lips. Momo and Jihyo had obviously made up and had come to wait for her, only both had passed out on her bed - cuddled up together.

 

Tzuyu took a blanket from her cupboard and draped it over them, ready to sleep on the floor rather than wake them so that she could fit in the bed. She couldn’t help but think she really wasn’t worthy of them. Momo was a star dancer and choreographer who was so sweet she’d never hurt a fly, while Jihyo was probably on her way to running the country and getting into a fantastic college. What would Tzuyu do? She was not a good person, she was a lot of things but she was not a good person. At least when they found out how awful she really was they’d have each other, she could take comfort in that thought. They’d never be alone, EVER - even if she wasn’t there. Tzuyu knew the feeling of being completely alone, she was used to the pain of it but she wouldn’t wish it on her worst enemy.

 

She lay the blanket over them and pecked their foreheads….

 

Before going down to the bathroom to wash off the blood underneath her fingernails, blood that was not her own.