Thug Life (MoJiTzu)

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

A/N - So all prompts will begin after chapter 5, now I’m just going to delve into the ships a little bit and show characters. I’m going to get MoJiTzu out the way because Tzuyu is my bias and I do consciously try not to make her the focus of every chapter.

 

I HAVE ALSO DECIDED TO ALTERNATE BETWEEN SERIES SO I WILL FINISH 20 CHAPTERS HERE THEN 20 CHAPTERS IN FIRE ESCAPE.

 

Anything said between Chinese speaking characters (e.g between Elkie, Pinky and Tzuyu) it is right to assume they are just speaking Chinese.

 

Thug Life (MoJiTzu)

 

Tzuyu has made a lot of promises in her life.

 

She made promises to her friends, to her family and most importantly to Jihyo and Momo. All her girlfriends had asked of her was that she try to keep herself out of trouble. They knew it would be impossible for Tzuyu to leave the life she had created for herself, gangs don’t work like that, but luckily as she was among the higher ranking gang members when she said she wouldn’t do something she wouldn’t be made to do it. She’d never gone into the sorts of things she did with her friends in Little China but that was because Jihyo didn’t want to know and Momo was to adorable for Tzuyu to upset. So whenever the others in her boarding house left at midnight for something inevitably illegal they'd all pretend they couldn't hear them leave. Usually Tzuyu could avoid it but sometimes a knock would sound at her door and someone would ask for her expertise.

 

There were times when Tzuyu was very grateful that her girlfriend’s did not know Chinese, they would be laying on her bed watching television and there would be a knock. They weren’t stupid, they knew what the conversations were about but as far as they knew Tzuyu hadn’t agreed to any of it. The less they knew the better. There was only one person Tzuyu would ever agree to help, providing that they made a good case of convincing. Elkie lived a floor below Tzuyu and was her closest friend. Elkie had been a big part as to what had pulled her into the world of gangs and petty crime, she was also the only person who knew about Tzuyu’s relationship. It was a rarity for Elkie to ask her something, but if the orders came from above her Tzuyu would be the first one Elkie would go to.

 

“Come on Tzu!” Elkie begged in Chinese as they stood next to Tzuyu’s locker one day, “I really need you to come with me, just a quick in and out - they’ll never even know we’re there.”

 

“Who’d drive getaway?”

 

“Pinky,” Elkie told her, “Her cars out the shop.”

 

“Pinky always drives so badly we get pulled over,” Tzuyu told her, “It’d have to be someone else.”

 

“Like who--- Xiao’s coming.”

 

Cheng Xiao was Chinese but didn’t live anywhere near Little China and therefore had no connection to people like Elkie and Tzuyu. But because she spoke Chinese the girls couldn’t continue their conversation because while everyone else around them didn’t understand them, Xiao could and could easily rat them out to Jihyo. The girl had been around much more often lately, not that Tzuyu had really noticed - she only had eyes for Jihyo and Momo. Elkie thought it was hilarious. As she passed, Cheng Xiao stopped her conversation with Bona and Dayoung and sent Tzuyu a smile.

 

“Nǐ hǎo.” She greeted bowing her head quickly,

 

Once she’d gone Elkie span round to Tzuyu, “How did you not see that!?”

 

“See what?”

 

“Xiao! She checked you out.”

 

“I doubt that.”

 

“God you’re stressful,” Elkie sighed with an eye roll, “So you gonna help me or not?”

 

“Nope.” Tzuyu announced closing her locker,

 

“Why!?” Elkie whined,

 

“Because if Jihyo or Momo find out they’ll kill me. I told them I’d stop doing these things.”

 

The duo began walking to the canteen, “C’mon Tzu, they’ll never find out.”

 

The canteen was packed and immediately Tzuyu’s eyes went to the centre tables, the jocks were on one and the cheerleaders on another. Next to the cheerleaders table sat Momo, Sana, Mina, Jihyo, Nayeon and the rest of the council. Momo and Jihyo were holding hands over the table and Tzuyu felt a pang in her chest as she remembered that she couldn’t do that in public. The only available table was behind them, next to the table some of the art kids were using. Jeongyeon was flicking peas at people while Dahyun danced on the table and Chaeyoung ignored them both, sketching away. Tzuyu liked Chaeyoung, they’d spoken only once for a project but she seemed nice. They got their lunch and Elkie let Tzuyu sit with her back to her girlfriends’ table. From where they were they could hear the conversations from behind them.

 

“Hey Cheng, your girlfriend’s over there.” Dayoung sniggered,

 

“Cheng Xiao has a girlfriend?” Nayeon asked from the other table, always hungry for gossip,

 

“No, she’s just being annoying.”

 

“Suure. Cheng Xiao has a crush on Chou Tzuyu, y’know the Taiwanese student?”

 

Tzuyu couldn’t see the look Jihyo and Momo subtly exchanged. Sana’s chirpy voice rang through though, “Tzuyu’s so hot.”

 

Mina found herself glaring at the back of Tzuyu’s head.

 

“Here that Cheng? Sanake might get to her before you do!” Meiqi laughed,

 

The table laughed but Momo shouted louder, “No!”

 

Elkie rolled her eyes at the small smile now on Tzuyu’s face.

 

“Momo?” Mina questioned, surprised at the outburst,

 

Momo looked to Jihyo for help whilst Tzuyu and Elkie listened intently, amused.

 

“I-I just think Sana shouldn’t.” Momo explained meekly,

 

“Why not, Momoring?” Sana asked cutely,

 

Before Momo could yell out the truth Dahyun started doing the eagle dance causing loud applause from their table. Nayeon scoffed, “She’s so loud, I hope she slips and cracks her head open or something.”

 

“A bit harsh.” Mina mumbled,

 

“What was that?” Nayeon asked, glaring at the cheerleader,

 

Nayeon and Mina had a history.

 

“Back off Nayeon.” Sana threatened,

 

“Anyway…” Cheng Xiao trailed, “Why can’t we date Tzuyu?”

 

“Momo’s right, I mean Tzuyu has got a reputation.” Jihyo added trying to save her girlfriend, “She’s dangerous, you shouldn’t mess around with that sort of person. It’s always a bad idea.”

 

“Y-Yeah! Remember when she attacked Jimin?” Momo added,

 

Ouch…They didn’t have to bring that up.

 

Tzuyu’s jaw set, a sign she was unhappy. Elkie hesitated for a moment, knowing that while Tzuyu was fun to tease she needed to be careful when Momo and Jihyo were involved. They may be best friends but even Elkie knew that she shouldn’t talk about the whole Jimin thing. Jimin was the star athlete at the school and during her first week in Korea Tzuyu had broken his leg. Sort of….nobody knew the full story but Elkie knew vaguely how it had played out. After a second cold eyes moved from the table to meet the pair opposite her, filled with concern. Suddenly a body slammed down next to Elkie.

 

“God I hate double maths,” Pinky complained, “That old bag kept us behind ten minutes because she wasn’t as far with the lesson as she wanted to be - how the hell was that my fault!?”

 

Pinky noticed the tension.

 

“What’s going on?” She asked, “Is Tzuyu going to help?”

 

“I’m still trying to get her to---”

 

“I’ll do it.”

 

“YES!” Pinky cheered drawing attention from the table behind,

 

“But, you’re not driving…”

 

“What!?”

 

“...And we do this tonight. I’m not entertaining any chance of somebody finding out.” Tzuyu instructed,

 

“And the driver?” Elkie asked,

 

“Mark still owe you a favour?”

 

“Yeah, but his car is still impounded.”

 

“Tell him to steal one,” Tzuyu shrugged, “It’s his speciality, isn’t it?”

 

Elkie nodded with a grin, “There’s the Tzuyu I know and tolerate! At least gangs have loyalty, unlike some people.”

 

Pinky was about to question what Elkie had said but was interrupted when Dahyun misstepped and fell in her food, the look of horror on the dancing eagles face was enough to make Nayeon laugh - served her right! Pinky sent her a deadly look over the death of her newly gravy covered uniform. Dahyun bolted and Elkie and Pinky chased her, leaving Tzuyu behind. When she stood a voice spoke out in Korean.

 

“You should watch what you discuss in public,” Tzuyu turned to look at Cheng Xiao, ignoring the looks of everyone else on that table, “Never know who’s listening.”

 

“Maybe you should tell your friends the same thing.” Tzuyu replied sparing a glance at a guilty looking Momo and Jihyo,

 

Later that evening she and Elkie stood by the park in the centre of Little China. They were waiting for Mark to pick them up, they knew better than to ever have a car traced back to their home. They were both in full black clothing, dark caps and face masks on. Elkie and Tzuyu had also padded themselves out a little bit so that if they were caught on CCTV they’d be looking for men or boys rather than two highschool girls. He’d grab Pinky from another location before picking them up. As the stolen car (with replaced plates Mark had made at his job in the garage) rolled over the hill Elkie and Tzuyu both flagged it down. They jumped in the back seat and made their way to the factory. A shipment of watches was being delivered to the factory tonight, they planned to park up in the cul-de-sac that was near by and wait for the lights to go out.

 

As the heist was going on Momo and Jihyo were laying on Momo’s bed. They had texted Tzuyu to come over but had not received a reply. Momo was sad, thinking it was their earlier remarks that had made Tzuyu mad. She didn’t mean to make Tzuyu sad, she just wished the girl was there so that she could cuddle her and remind her that it was all for show. Jihyo on the other hand had interrogated Cheng Xiao under the guise of a Student President concerned for the safety of her peer. She knew where Tzuyu was that night, or at least that it was something illegal and potentially dangerous. As the short girl lay on the bed letting Momo cuddle up to her as she her hair she just prayed that whatever they were doing they wouldn’t get caught. Momo was a gentle soul and Jihyo never wanted to explain to her what Tzuyu had done before, let alone what she may be doing tonight. Sighing to herself, barely audible over Momo’s light snores, she sent Tzuyu a text.

 

From Thomas x

I love you, try to stay safe xx

 

About three hours later, at eleven o’clock at night, a tap came at Jihyo’s window and Tzuyu climbed through. Jihyo noticed she was scratched but for Momo’s sake said nothing, instead joined the eldest in hugging Tzuyu and begging her to forget what they said earlier. Tzuyu understood, she was the dirty secret and she knew that. Even if it hurt to think of it that way Tzuyu wouldn’t change a thing, she loved them both. It was just hard sometimes to be the odd one out. There came days like today where the jealousy would lead her to do something stupid but they always ended the same way.

 

An apology and cuddles.

 

Cuddles she felt she didn’t deserve after what she had done, but they’d never find out. She’d make sure of that.