Jeongyeon Kills APink (NoJamBros)

*SEMI PERM-HIATUS* Paper Planes and Rubber Band Balls

A/N - This is a prompt from most of you especially FillDir who actually gave me something to put in it.

 

Jeongyeon Kills APink (NoJamBros)

 

Today was the day.

 

All the practice and all the late night rehearsals had led to today. No Jam Band vs APink. The Battle of The Bands. It would be at lunch in front of Jihyo and Irene, but knowing that Irene would always do what Jihyo wanted Jeongyeon’s band was a shoo-in. Their friends were going to watch from the back, moral support. Despite the fact that Jeongyeon had Cookie Crunch in the bag, she was nervous. Before every performance the leader of the band would feel a wave of nerves wash over her, once she began playing it would become adrenaline and they’d play an epic show but before that it was torture. It was about an hour before school was due to start and both Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung were still in bed, planning to skip first period in lieu of more cuddle time.

 

Jeongyeon liked moments like thing, Chaeyoung’s body cuddled into her side, the smaller girls head resting on Jeongyeon’s chest. She was still dozing, soft snores coming out of that made Jeongyeon’s heart swell. Sometimes when they were laying in bed like this Jeongyeon would just stare at the face of her baby cub, always admiring her cute baby face - thinking awkwardly that it was babyish now when last night it was the iest face she had ever seen. Boy, Jeongyeon was glad she had the basement room (her parents had sound proofed it when she started having band practices in there) so they could…play the drums as loud as they want to. Plus since they’d been friends all their lives sleepovers weren’t a new thing, neither of their parents minded Chaeyoung staying with the older girl to practice or study.

 

“Stop staring,” Chaeyoung’s husky morning voice spoke up, “It’s rude.”

 

Jeongyeon smiled as two wide eyes looked up at her, she pecked her baby cubs forehead, “You ready for today?”

 

“Yeah, though I wish we could skip.” Chaeyoung sighed,

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I want to lay here all day.”

 

Jeongyeon laughed softly, “Sorry sweetie, time to get up.”

 

As they both put on their clothes for today they didn’t talk much, they never really did. They didn’t need to talk all the time, when they left the house they’d joke and play around but when they were alone like this they enjoyed the peace. Jeongyeon watched Chaeyoung tying her tie in the mirror and walked over, wrapping her arms around her waist. Once finishing with the tie Chaeyoung leaned back into her, looked up and pecking her lips softly. No matter how long or how often they kissed it always felt as perfect as the first, sparks, fireworks, tingling - all of it. Jeongyeon only hoped they stayed this horrifically cute for the rest of their lives.

 

Jeongyeon drove them to school and spotted Tzuyu walking in around the same time as them. Chaeyoung ran up to her once out of the car and offered to walk with her to second period, Jeongyeon having gotten over her jealousy of the younger girl once the whole “punching the daylights out of her” fiasco had blown over. Ever since Jihyo had gone public with their relationship Tzuyu was getting a lot more grief from some of the students. Most people didn’t really care but the vocal minority did and they often graffitied her locker and said things behind her back. Therefore, Chaeyoung and Mina (as members of the ‘Unrequited-Turned-Requited-Love-Club’) took her under their care. Making sure she was never alone.

 

Jeongyeon admired Chaeyoung for that.

 

She was proud that her girlfriend would happily put her reputation and social standing on the line for a friend. Jeongyeon herself trailed behind the duo, listening as her girlfriend told Tzuyu about the competition later that day. They knew Tzuyu was still somewhat friends with Naeun but now Jeongyeon trusted her not to give away any secrets. The trio arrived in the hallway just before the bell rang for second period. For a split second they believed they were all home free. But then they heard it.

 

A throat cleared behind them and the three of them turned to see Jihyo behind them with her arms crossed. Slowly they turned away from her.

 

“Should we make a run for it?” Chaeyoung whispered,

 

“No she’ll hunt us down,” Jeongyeon sighed, “She’s like a bloodhound for truancy.”

 

“I can hear you.” Jihyo snapped,

 

They stilled. Tzuyu decided to take charge, “Go on without me, I’ll distract her.”

 

Jeongyeon saluted, “You’re a braver woman than we!”

 

Chaeyoung copied her salute, “Give ‘er hell Private Chou!”

 

Tzuyu nodded sincerely and turned to Jihyo, who was now impatiently tapping her foot. She sent Jihyo a smirk before taking two steps towards her. There was one advantage to being out about her relationship status was that she could do things like this. She pulled Jihyo forward by her tie and pushed her lips on to Jihyo’s. The older girl was taken by surprise but while she was taken off guard, Jihyo wrapped her arms round Tzuyu’s neck and pulled her closer. Tzuyu pushed her so that her back was on the locker and used one hand to signal the other two to book it.

 

“Jeong, run!” Chaeyoung chirped running down the hall, stopping and running back when she realised Jeongyeon was frozen in horror,

 

“I-It’s like watch your parent have !” Jeongyeon shouted in horror,

 

“COME ON!” Chaeyoung grabbed her hand and pulled the girl down the hallway,

 

That mental image scarred Jeongyeon for the rest of the day, they had a free period before lunch and they used that time to practice and they thought they were sounding pretty good. Dahyun had told their other friends about the competition and so Jisoo had decided they were all coming as well, Lisa whining that she wanted lunch only being silenced once again. The larger group made their way to the auditorium but before they went through the doors Chaeyoung pulled her back.

 

“I’m nervous.” She said hugging Jeongyeon,

 

Jeongyeon pecked the top of her head and cuddled her, a rare public display of affection, “Hush, you’re going to be awesome. You’re the best drummer ever.”

 

Chaeyoung beamed and looked up at her, “I love you.”

 

“I love you too.” Jeongyeon replied leaning down to kiss her,

 

Before their lips could meet there was a crash causing them to spring apart, Herbert had run down the hallway and knocked over a trash can. Ms. Song was following close behind with a large butterfly net, as she ran over the trash she slipped on a banana peel and fell on her back. Scrambling up she continued the chase, swearing as she went. The duo exchanged a look before letting out a laugh at the insanity. Then a head popped out the door.

 

“Guys,” Rose called, “You have to see this!”

 

The duo ran inside and froze, the auditorium was full. Nearly everyone in the entire school was there and when Jeongyeon saw the smirk Chorong sported on her stupid smug face she realised who had invited them all. It was then that Nayeon ran over and told Dahyun that t APink had requested the students to vote on the better band. Jeongyeon nearly freaked out, sure their band was good but APink were a lot more popular. Suddenly, Sana and Mina were dragging Momo over to them.

 

“What’s up guys?” Dahyun asked,

 

“Nothing, Momo was trying to kill Naeun.” Sana told them,

 

“Why?”

 

“They’re going around telling people to vote for them and Momo saw Naeun go up to Tzuyu.” Mina explained,

 

“She was flirting! I saw it! I can kill her publicly now!” Momo seethed,

 

“This is bad,” Chaeyoung muttered, “Really bad.”

 

“Relax, Chae.” Jeongyeon smiled, “We got this.”

 

APink went up first. They were good, having vastly improved since the last time the No Jam Band had heard them. This was really not good, they were amazing and that alone was enough to rattle the trio stood in the wings. Jeongyeon felt like she was going to let the other girls down, she was the leader and the main songwriter…plus this was her last chance to play the Cookie Crunch Festival. Jeongyeon was a senior, she would be done with highschool after this year. She wanted at least one great final performance at Cookie Crunch, one great performance at her favourite festival with her girlfriend. Jeongyeon felt herself shaking, sure it was heading into the winter months now but the auditorium had indoor heating so she knew it was nerves.

 

Once APink had finished the auditorium erupted with applause.

 

Now it was No Jam Band’s turn. The trio got on to the stage, Jeongyeon walking up to the mic. Her footsteps echoed on the stage and she looked out over the see of blank faces. Jeongyeon took a deep breath, if this was going to be her last big performance with Chae she had to make it last. Finding new confidence in that thought she turned and nodded to Chaeyoung, the confidence exuded in her eyes spreading to the other two. Chaeyoung hit her sticks together and did the countdown, the song began and Jeongyeon lost herself in the music. She shredded her guitar effortlessly proving to everyone in that auditorium that she was the best of the best. She could hear the notes she had once written on paper, the notes that meant more than words to her, emphasising with the audience. Everyone in the auditorium feeling the way Jeongyeon had as she wrote them.

 

The lyrics poured from with such passion and sincerity that everyone in the room felt every syllable. Sure APink had talent, that was undeniable, but Jeongyeon and her band put their hearts and souls into their music and it made all the different. They meant what they sang and it was felt all round and when the final note played everyone was up on their feet cheering at the top of their lungs.

 

Jeongyeon sent a look to Chorong from the stage, it was cocky and smug.

 

They had won.